Rise of the Tomb Raider [Official Thread] PS4 finally experiencing greatness

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
In Siberia, playing on High at 1080p60fps locked. The input lag being gone though, changes everything. Game plays amazing now. :wow:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
What are the expected PS4 specs supposed to be? I'm guessing they won't make it better than the X1 version since MS$ funded this shyt.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What are the expected PS4 specs supposed to be? I'm guessing they won't make it better than the X1 version since MS$ funded this shyt.

MS did NOT fund this game for the last fukking time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CiBVRtK.gif

All they did was pay for the exclusivity clause..... period...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Great, another game with bs bloat and padding to artificially lengthen the game. :snoop:

Pacing is all sorts of dumb now. This soviet installation area is so damn boring.

Nikka got me out here looking for com towers like this is MGSV.

It's not like the gameplay is even amazing or anything. I find the gunplay to still be mediocre and the enemy AI bland. The Pistol so far feels very weak and light with no punch. It's nowhere near as terrifying as when you first grab a pistol in TLOU and shoot someone and how punchy it was and the hit feedback :wow:

shyt is disappointing.

mIab.gif

You can't tell me shyt like this ain't satisfying as fukk.

Haven't really been wow'd by this so far. :ld: Maybe it gets better but so far it's kind of boring. All that "openness" doesn't mean shyt if it's boring.

Last edited:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
MS did NOT fund this game for the last fukking time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CiBVRtK.gif

All they did was pay for the exclusivity clause..... period...

Square Enix CEO praises Microsoft's commitment to Rise of the Tomb Raider and discusses controversy in new interview

Why does it say in this article then?

Tomb Raider's reboot back in 2012 failed to meet Square-Enix's sales expectations, despite selling well over 3 million copies in its first month. Square-Enix stated previously that Microsoft are helping fund Rise of the Tomb Raider's development. Phil Rogers elaborated further in the Examiner interview, noting that Xbox head Phil Spencer himself visits the dev team on a regular basis:

:manny:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Square Enix CEO praises Microsoft's commitment to Rise of the Tomb Raider and discusses controversy in new interview

Tomb Raider's reboot back in 2012 failed to meet Square-Enix's sales expectations, despite selling well over 3 million copies in its first month. Square-Enix stated previously that Microsoft are helping fund Rise of the Tomb Raider's development. Phil Rogers elaborated further in the Examiner interview, noting that Xbox head Phil Spencer himself visits the dev team on a regular basis:

Thought it was known that they helped put this game together which is why they got exclusivity.

I think the narrative on this site was that they just paid for the exclusive which would be a pretty slimy practice.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Great, another game with bs bloat and padding to artificially lengthen the game. :snoop:

Pacing is all sorts of dumb now. This soviet installation area is so damn boring.

Nikka got me out here looking for com towers like this is MGSV.

It's not like the gameplay is even amazing or anything. I find the gunplay to still be mediocre and the enemy AI bland. Haven't really been wow'd by this so far. :ld: Maybe it gets better but so far it's kind of boring. All that "openness" doesn't mean shyt if it's boring.
Game didn't really pick up for me till I started fighting Tigers with machine guns and discovering the tombs. Once you get into that plus hunting and the big fire fights it's really good.

Have to play on the hardest difficulty too.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm enjoying it. The Tomb puzzles make me think and I like the combat (though it is easy). The thing I don't like is having to collect feathers, leaves, etc. I'm always clicking the right Thumb Stick. It's tedious.

Also, you level up very fast in this game. It seems like every 15 minutes I'm leveling up. I dunno if that's good or bad :yeshrug:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I dont understand the SLI fix. I dl'ed the nvidia inspector and it doesnt have any options to do anything. it just shows your specs and how its working

EDIT- figured it out. You gotta click on the small box on the Driver Version line. fukk these nerds for not telling me that :francis:
Is the sli fix working for you? It seems to work everywhere except the Soviet base :francis:

Others are reporting the same thing on steam. We might have to wait for an official updated sli profile (if there will ever be one :sadcam:)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

All lies... That ms spin got y'all believing Phil Spector came out and admitted they paid for the 1 year exclusive clause for square. That's all they did the game was about 80% done by then. I had this same argument with meach.
:comeon: