Rise Of The Ronin (PS5/PC, Team Ninja, 2024) (NO OPEN SPOILERS)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
No the fukk I don’t this game still does NOT look better than Elden Ring and I’ve used photo mode for both :lolbron:

you know the troof :lolbron:

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the King.

youtube-video-gif.gif

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of reviewers have said the open world formula is “dated” but it really isnt any more dated than games like Ghost of Tsushima or Horizon. It’s just that those games are gorgeous to look at and are very visually stimulating while this game has frame drops in the rain and hella texture pop in so it puts everything else under a microscope

I'm already putting this over GoT because I prefer the RPG elements, story, and combat despite the Yakuza 0 graphics:manny:.

Ghost of Tsushima came out 4 years ago. Every year and every game that is similar adds to the dated feeling. At this point in 2024 your trolling by doing this mapmarker fest open world bullshyt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
at the end of the day it all just comes down to how much you enjoy the gameplay and/or story cause every open world game is gonna do the same thing. Even elden ring, even though didn’t have obvious markers it still had a bunch of checklist copy and paste content spread over it.

Witcher 3 and cyberpunk also, people ignore it when they like the overall gameplay loop

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
at the end of the day it all just comes down to how much you enjoy the gameplay and/or story cause every open world game is gonna do the same thing. Even elden ring, even though didn’t have obvious markers it still had a bunch of checklist copy and paste content spread over it.

Witcher 3 and cyberpunk also, people ignore it when they like the overall gameplay loop

Why bring those games up? These things aren't static. The more time passes the more people get tired of the same formula. The Witcher is like the god father of a lot of these open world titles so why would it get criticized for those elements when it was the first one to bring those elements up at least as we know them now. Bringing that up is weird.

I agree in some respect to your point about Elden Ring but not having obvious markers does change a lot about how you interact with these systems. You kind of waving that away as if it's not a big deal but its huge.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
A lot of reviewers have said the open world formula is “dated” but it really isnt any more dated than games like Ghost of Tsushima or Horizon. It’s just that those games are gorgeous to look at and are very visually stimulating while this game has frame drops in the rain and hella texture pop in so it puts everything else under a microscope

I'm already putting this over GoT because I prefer the RPG elements, story, and combat despite the Yakuza 0 graphics:manny:.
Yeah I didn’t understand this game getting punished on the Ubisoft type open world when most games have similar style and reviewed just fine. Even AC games get decent scores so I just don’t understand why reviewers decided to make a case against this game specifically. It isn’t any different in that aspect.

It’s doing good with the fans though and with more impressions, I expect people to praise it later on.

Last edited:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Lot of reviewers complained that GoT was unoriginal too, despite doing what it did exceptionally well.

This disconnect between fans and critics existed back then too.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
That chapter 3 difficulty spike is real :picard: They adding like 3-4 attacks to all the strings you've gotten used to countering and at least 1 out of every 3 mission bosses has some 8-9 attack string with multiple points for delays/mix ups along with some kind of status ailment to boot. Even the standard fair overworld enemies getting hella buffed. shyt was feeling like spicy assassins creed for most of the game but now we’re at diet Nioh difficulty

IMG-4136.jpg

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just copped it. I hope I like this game, better not fukking waste my money but since I haven't heard one bad thing about this game beside the graphics looks like PS4.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Just copped it. I hope I like this game, better not fukking waste my money but since I haven't heard one bad thing about this game beside the graphics looks like PS4.
I will tell people if they liked Ghost of Tsushima, they will definitely enjoy this.