Rise Of The Ronin (PS5/PC, Team Ninja, 2024) (NO OPEN SPOILERS)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That sword is my shyt especially the style that's down, it's got elden rings lion claw to finish the combo and a stronger version as the martial skill.

Also fukk the shogunate and the blue demon I fought them like 13 times :dead:

haven't gotten that far yet :whoa:

I'm still acting stupid doing all these side missions and petting cats :pachaha:

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Would yall say this is better than Nioh 2? How repetitive is it in comparison?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Copped cuz Im a sucker for these kind of games despite the tragic texture pop-in & Yakuza 0 ass graphics :unimpressed:

Played for a couple hours they do a good job getting you right into the game. Combat is challenging but very simple controls-wise, I'm not mad at it.

I can tell that I'll probably really enjoy this as an open world fukk around game, I just gotta pretend its the PS5 version of a PS4 game :lolbron:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Copped cuz Im a sucker for these kind of games despite the tragic texture pop-in & Yakuza 0 ass graphics :unimpressed:

Played for a couple hours they do a good job getting you right into the game. Combat is challenging but very simple controls-wise, I'm not mad at it.

I can tell that I'll probably really enjoy this as an open world fukk around game, I just gotta pretend its the PS5 version of a PS4 game :lolbron:

Thats exactly what it is lol

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Would yall say this is better than Nioh 2? How repetitive is it in comparison?

I'm still very early in so I can't speak on the overall game, but the best way I could describe this is a Nioh / Assassin's Creed hybrid. Some combat and progression mechanics will be familiar from Nioh but both are much more simplified in terms of their overall controls and complexity. It's challenging and you have to time your parries and manage your stamina similar to souls games but it's not like Nioh where you legit have to lab your combos and movesets. Much much easier to just pickup and play

Aside from the flow of combat it really does feel more like an action-adventure game with souls elements than an open-world souls game, if that makes sense

s@n

All Star
Daps
Luckily Nioh 2 DLC is on sale and I haven't run that shyt yet, so I can wait until this catches a discount