Rise Of The Ronin (PS5/PC, Team Ninja, 2024) (NO OPEN SPOILERS)

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Made it to chapter 3. Story and characters are surprisingly good so far, things starting to heat up narratively :ehh: Testament of the Soul is a super dope feature too

Also seeing some random difficulty spikes around this point. Haven’t been too many encounters that have given me trouble so far but last night I fought 2 of my hardest fights yet and they were just sprinkled in the middle of some story missions :skip:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Made it to chapter 3. Story and characters are surprisingly good so far, things starting to heat up narratively :ehh: Testament of the Soul is a super dope feature too

Also seeing some random difficulty spikes around this point. Haven’t been too many encounters that have given me trouble so far but last night I fought 2 of my hardest fights yet and they were just sprinkled in the middle of some story missions :skip:

The Ii and Blue Demon fight :damn:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
This is a game that will be appreciated later on. The gameplay and story are both very good. I am surprised by the lower scores.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
This is a game that will be appreciated later on. The gameplay and story are both very good. I am surprised by the lower scores.

A lot of reviewers have said the open world formula is “dated” but it really isnt any more dated than games like Ghost of Tsushima or Horizon. It’s just that those games are gorgeous to look at and are very visually stimulating while this game has frame drops in the rain and hella texture pop in so it puts everything else under a microscope

I'm already putting this over GoT because I prefer the RPG elements, story, and combat despite the Yakuza 0 graphics:manny:.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A lot of reviewers have said the open world formula is “dated” but it really isnt any more dated than games like Ghost of Tsushima or Horizon. It’s just that those games are gorgeous to look at and are very visually stimulating while this game has frame drops in the rain and hella texture pop in so it puts everything else under a microscope

I'm already putting this over GoT because I prefer the RPG elements, story, and combat despite the Yakuza 0 graphics:manny:.

Sounds like you owe @Rekkapryde an apology :francis:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sounds like you owe @Rekkapryde an apology :francis:
:smugfavre:

@DaSk8D00D is actually a reasonable bot at least

Loving this joint. I thought I was pretty far in the game and I'm not even close apparently. :dead: My parrying is ass in this shyt though. If not for the EPMD switching back and forth in the middle of the boss fights, I'd be food. :to:

Daps

The combat is amazing but no way this better than Ghost.