Rise Of The Ronin (PS5/PC, Team Ninja, 2024) (NO OPEN SPOILERS)

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Breh the stuff they start throwing at you in Chapter 3 is absurd :heh:

Last night alone:

Fought a nikka who would do a huge sweeping AoE command grab your characters and chuck you off a balcony for an instant kill. If you go to heal, he'll literally grab the NPC and throw them again before you can even switch back to them, just wasting med pills. Not only that, but he has an armored dog that jumps in with it's own special moveset/countersparks not even 25% into his health bar :unimpressed:

Fought another nikka in a dojo setting where I couldn't use my pistol, but he could still use his poison shurikens :unimpressed: nikka would hit you with a 10-12 hit string where you have to parry the last 3-4 hits before it depletes your Ki, then throws that shuriken at the perfect time whenever you go to heal

Fought another boss who reminded me of that one Rifleman fight in sekiro that drove me up a fukking wall. Mega combo into cannonball shot at long range because why not make your life suck?:unimpressed:

And then another dude who weilded a big ass odachi like a shortsword with crazy fast attacks, poison weapons, AoE electric attacks, and hella combos:unimpressed:

it was a fun night!:mjgrin:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Advice I would give to new players is to not worry about the equipment perks or their aesthetics at all. You can transmog multiple outfits in your longhouse and all the gear you get unlocks more cosmetic options there, so just wear whatever’s best stat-wise

Maybe in the endgame or Twilight difficulty it’s necessary, but on normal you just have to focus on the Attack and Defense stats for each piece. Even rarity doesn’t mean shyt in the long run because you’re leveling up and getting so much loot that it’s not worth getting attached to specific pieces or sets. Upgrading and bond transfers seem unnecessary and a waste of resources for most players. You gonna spend half your money to level up a sword 3-4 levels just to find abetter one off a common loot drop within 20-30 minutes anyway

I actually kind of like this because you really don’t have to micromanage your gear and just sell/dismantle 90% of loot, but you’re still always unlocking new outfit pieces for transmog

Your actual weapon type and the combat styles are important tho and are worth trying out and leveling up

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Advice I would give to new players is to not worry about the equipment perks or their aesthetics at all. You can transmog multiple outfits in your longhouse and all the gear you get unlocks more cosmetic options there, so just wear whatever’s best stat-wise

Maybe in the endgame or Twilight difficulty it’s necessary, but on normal you just have to focus on the Attack and Defense stats for each piece. Even rarity doesn’t mean shyt in the long run because you’re leveling up and getting so much loot that it’s not worth getting attached to specific pieces or sets. Upgrading and bond transfers seem unnecessary and a waste of resources for most players. You gonna spend half your money to level up a sword 3-4 levels just to find abetter one off a common loot drop within 20-30 minutes anyway

I actually kind of like this because you really don’t have to micromanage your gear and just sell/dismantle 90% of loot, but you’re still always unlocking new outfit pieces for transmog

Your actual weapon type and the combat styles are important tho and are worth trying out and leveling up
I sell and dismantle all weapons and items that aren't legendary :unimpressed:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My character shyt is dope, black excellence! I use my black character like superhero blaxploitation movie that killing CAC and racist Japanese in Japan. Love this outfit

GKbC0vWWUAEHGSO

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
My character shyt is dope, black excellence! I use my black character like superhero blaxploitation movie that killing CAC and racist Japanese in Japan. Love this outfit

GKbC0vWWUAEHGSO

In your longhouse if you goto Relax > Redesign you can make and save outfits that replace your gear’s appearance, so you can wear that body piece you have with the higher stats while still looking how you want