Rise Of The Ronin (PS5/PC, Team Ninja, 2024) (NO OPEN SPOILERS)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Not even hitting a locked 60FPS in performance mode is unacceptable for a game that looks like this with no crazy physics or lighting engines running in the background. They need to bush that game engine yesterday.

The game looking "bad" narratives are very over the top. I play on performance and haven't noticed jarring issues or have the widget running on my OLED to see the FPS. Think I'll turn it on tonight and see.

But many companies need to re-examine their current game engines and do a refresh/update.
From what I seen this is a cool enough fukk around game but I'm not buying at $70 off principle :hubie:

Thoroughly enjoying. Don't mind the price i paid at all.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The game looking "bad" narratives are very over the top. I play on performance and haven't noticed jarring issues or have the widget running on my OLED to see the FPS. Think I'll turn it on tonight and see.

But many companies need to re-examine their current game engines and do a refresh/update.

Thoroughly enjoying. Don't mind the price i paid at all.

Over the top huh? For someone who had dozens of posts in the Shartfield thread, you mighty forgiving for this game :skip:

The lighting and textures are outright bad. It's easily the worst looking PS5 exclusive and isn't even a locked 60FPS. Team Ninja gotta hold that:francis:

I'll play eventually but I'm not rewarding that shyt with a full price purchase, and I was legit hype for this game coming off of 150hrs in Nioh 2

Glad you're enjoying it tho don't let my disappointment bring down your hype :hubie:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Over the top huh? For someone who had dozens of posts in the Shartfield thread, you mighty forgiving for this game :skip:

The lighting and textures are outright bad. It's easily the worst looking PS5 exclusive and isn't even a locked 60FPS. Team Ninja gotta hold that:francis:

I'll play eventually but I'm not rewarding that shyt with a full price purchase, and I was legit hype for this game coming off of 150hrs in Nioh 2

Do you have the game? No right. I'm playing it on an Oled.

I'm not saying the graphics are on Horizon levels but it's no worse than Elden Ring.

And yes compared to first party Sony exclusives it's def not as good. 4/5. But if Playstation first party exclusives are the bar on console then yeah most others will pale in comparison

Bethesda is another company with a washed engine. Minus well make a thread.

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Do you have the game?

I'm not saying the graphics are on Horizon levels but it's no worse than Elden Ring.

Breh we all have working eyes that can see that flat ass lighting I'm not even about to go there with you :heh:

The water and landscape textures look exactly like the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 Create a Park tiles man naw

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Breh we all have working eyes that can see that flat ass lighting I'm not even about to go there with you :heh:
It's nothing to go into. :ld:

My point is it's not the trash graphically it's alleged to be. And yes compared to other first party Sony exclusives it does pale in comparison.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It's nothing to go into. :ld:

My point is it's not the trash graphically it's alleged to be. And yes compared to other first party Sony exclusives it does pale in comparison.

That no worse than Elden Ring line had me in my feelings breh. almost jumped out my body at that one

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That no worse than Elden Ring line had me in my feelings breh. almost jumped out my body at that one
Lol

Seriously, and some cats don't wanna admit, but Fromsoft is another dev who needs an engine upgrade :yeshrug:

Roaming the world in ROTR and ER and ROTR looks better in a lot of areas.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Lol

Seriously, and some cats don't wanna admit, but Fromsoft is another dev who needs an engine upgrade :yeshrug:

Roaming the world in ROTR and ER and ROTR looks better in a lot of areas.

If we keeping it a buck, for as fun as a lot of these japanese games are (Elden Ring, Dogma, this) a lot of their engines seem kind of over the hill. You can add Bethesda to that for western devs I guess.

I long for the day Fromsoft games are also well optimized and graphically competent on the level of Demon’s Souls. At the end of the day you don’t even care about graphics that much when you’re deep into a good game though. The main thing that is going to stand out is crashing and bugs, which none of these games really have.

Midnight Suns is another game i loved that was next gen only that didn’t really look that great graphically and suffered a lot of bugs. It is what it is

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If we keeping it a buck, for as fun as a lot of these japanese games are (Elden Ring, Dogma, this) a lot of their engines seem kind of over the hill. You can add Bethesda to that for western devs I guess.

I long for the day Fromsoft games are also well optimized and graphically competent on the level of Demon’s Souls. At the end of the day you don’t even care about graphics that much when you’re deep into a good game though. The main thing that is going to stand out is crashing and bugs, which none of these games really have.

Midnight Suns is another game i loved that was next gen only that didn’t really look that great graphically and suffered a lot of bugs. It is what it is
Gameplay def trumps

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
DMZMwQu.jpeg

Passport bros back in the day

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
Got it last night.....man that thing is :damn:

I just gotta learn the timings of parrys with that shyt.

sidenote: Those side missions with the teacher and his student :mjlol:

edit: No Diddy on the above posts :dame:
That sword is my shyt especially the style that's down, it's got elden rings lion claw to finish the combo and a stronger version as the martial skill.

Also fukk the shogunate and the blue demon I fought them like 13 times :dead: