Rise Of The Ronin (PS5/PC, Team Ninja, 2024) (NO OPEN SPOILERS)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

If someone tells me a game takes several hours to "get good," my immediate feeling is that I will never play that game. Who has hours to waste waiting for the good part of anything when there are so many other games to play? But my opinion of Rise of the Ronin changed drastically over the course of my 50 hours of playtime--in the first five or 10 hours, I didn't really like it. By the end, I was planning to dive back in to clear out side quests and replay key moments to see how the story might change. It's a game that takes its time getting good, but once it finds its footing in samurai-sword duels and character-focused missions, your investment pays off.

The thing that turned the tide for me is the way Rise of the Ronin focuses on telling small, character-driven stories that weave together into a large, history-shaping narrative. The entire game is built on its "Bond" system, where doing side quests big and small builds your relationships with everyone, from the different provinces of Ronin's massive open-world Japan, to the many characters you meet throughout the course of the game.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m fukkin high af!:smoker::mjlol:

We almost there, finally get to play this but idk how long I’ll last ya boy is full from Jersey Mikes and that last blunt put me over the top. Told my girl no top not just yet I need to play🤣

Now if it’s a quality game idk but my hype level is more than 9000

:banderas:

sodhgbx1hhib1.gif

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Whoa 11 hours?!?!?! I could have sworn on Gamespot dude put 50 hours in?

It’s longer another review said the same thing plus didn’t 100% the maps. nikkas be saying shyt just to say it, especially without even playing themselves.

The game is around 50 hours according to ign with side questing
There is a video on YouTube with the game played from start to finish it is 11hrs. Side quests are irrelevant considering most reviews are saying the game is heavily padded.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People who are actually playing need to share their thoughts with the community :lupe:

Played a couple of hours. The combat is a more stripped down and more realistic version of Nioh, still has ki etc and still is a lot of fun with a lot of cool shyt you can do (air parry, hook fire caskets at the enemy etc).

Open world is a less engaging, less immersive version of GoT.

I get the 7/10 reviews because it doesn't do a whole new or special but it still has excellent combat in a pretty decent game world.

I can see the Colibrehs enjoying it a lot. :yeshrug:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
There is a video on YouTube with the game played from start to finish it is 11hrs. Side quests are irrelevant considering most reviews are saying the game is heavily padded.
Yeah I think everyone does side quests :stopitslime:. Every review I've watched has the game much longer than that.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I recommend those on the fence about this game check out the Fextralife review. Not sure why I'm seeing negative reviews because what I've seen through review gameplay the game looks like a solid 8/10. I'm a huge nioh fan, and this seems to be that with a few changes to combat and no demons.

Only two things that seem somewhat bothersome are the plain looking environments and the graphics.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I recommend those on the fence about this game check out the Fextralife review. Not sure why I'm seeing negative reviews because what I've seen through review gameplay the game looks like a solid 8/10. I'm a huge nioh fan, and this seems to be that with a few changes to combat and no demons.

Only two things that seem somewhat bothersome are the plain looking environments and the graphics.

Gameplay/combat is excellent.