Rise Of The Ronin (PS5/PC, Team Ninja, 2024) (NO OPEN SPOILERS)

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Got really bored of Forbidden West
I never finished it :francis: I used to think they just got hoed by their release date (BOTW/Elden Ring) since I had to finish HZD on PC the second time around, but I had to keep asking myself why I was playing HFW, and eventually gave up the ghost.

It’s weird that it’s such an ambitious idea of a franchise, but still so paint-by-numbers to me. HFW just came off as a focus group ass game, that I wasn’t represented by. Imma finish it so I can stay up with the story tho, one day

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Same people praising the boring repetitive-ness of shyt like Spiderman and Horizon are probably the same ones dumping on this with similar designs

Those games at least have stellar set pieces and visuals. Does this game? This is a “gameplay” game where it seems the previous games in its family have better gameplay lol.

I put 3-400 hours in nioh 2 so this isnt somy stanning at all.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reviews are about what I expected, everything about this screamed 7/10

This looks to Samurai games what Days Gone is to apocalypse games
I really wish I waited on that one. I bought it day one off the hype, and missed out on an apparently much greater game down the line.

This is probably GOTY-edition territory for me. Somebody will give it an award to justify the bundle :russ:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Those games at least have stellar set pieces and visuals. Does this game? This is a “gameplay” game where it seems the previous games in its family have better gameplay lol.

Sony stan’s admit movie games are movie games :ohlawd:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I actually enjoyed it when I copped it a year later, gameplay is fun, it’s just very bloated with a very forgettable cast

There’s something to be said for this team ninja game not having multiple demos before hand. They usually fix a lot of their games problems through player feedback