Rise Of The Ronin (PS5/PC, Team Ninja, 2024) (NO OPEN SPOILERS)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
worthless shyt posts in this thread of no value,

Someone without an obvious agenda please

Coping? God these corny online only lingo needs to die. I asked a question and I don’t care to hear from trolls and shyt red rep posters who obviously have no interest in this title to begin with
Crazy :wow:

All i said was read the reviews.

nikkas aggy for no reason this morning :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Reading up more....sentiments look like gameplay is solid albeit repetitive, graphics are decent enough but not up to modern standard, and the open world is virtually pointless and full of meaningless fetch quests. I got a lot on my plate backlog and life wise right now. Leaning towards waiting a bit on this one.

Seems like the open world is a big miss really

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Reviews not looking good for $70 :francis:

Like I said, if my boy says its mid, it's a wrap for me. nikka trying to take off work to play this shyt :mjlol:

Yeah I trust FightinCowboy and Arreks in the ARPG space if they both saying the game is mid then it is what it is :hubie:

Will wait for a sale but I hope those who copped enjoy

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Looks like Nioh 2 will remain the magnum opus for these cats.
Save some money and buy that instead

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Essentially Nioh style levels
Level design is the only bad thing i could say about Nioh.

From has some type of special sauce to make their levels feel really good to play in. Only game that has come close to matching that is Lies of P and maybe “the surge 2”

Team ninja with an “open world” is just more bland and empty than their previous games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Level design is the only bad thing i could say about Nioh.

From has some type of special sauce to make their levels feel really good to play in. Only game that has come close to matching that is Lies of P and maybe “the surge 2”

Team ninja with an “open world” is just more bland and empty than their previous games.

I’d say Lies of P level design was closer to Nioh than any soulsborne gme, which is my one real knock against it.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’d say Lies of P level design was closer to Nioh than any soulsborne gme, which is my one real knock against it.
Do you think anybody else has come closer to FS? I found them to be the closest I’ve experienced, to the point I think their next game could be the one.

It doesn’t wrap back on itself as much as Soulsborne, or have the amount of secrets, but I’ll give the BOD for it being their first attempt. They actually seem like the first ARPG that truly understands the sauce.

The closest game I’ve gotten Soulsborne feeling from is still Hollow Knight :pachaha: