Rise Of The Ronin (PS5/PC, Team Ninja, 2024) (NO OPEN SPOILERS)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I don’t know after watching this in 4k HDR I can’t truly say the graphics look terrible.

Definitely looks like a PS4 game to me.
Doesn't look bad per se but not up to par with current gen games.
That gameplay and presentation looked like a "blood borne mod" to me.
I need to see more of this game now to make a decision.
I'm not sure what it's going for. Is it "Souls" were you have to hit an enemy 30 times to kill them but they can kill you in 2 hits? From that gameplay, it looked like the player and the enemy were closer to each other damage output wise than with souls games.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Why you coping so hard. Most people say its mid. You can still try it for yourself and maybe something clicks but its most likely mid.

Coping? God these corny online only lingo needs to die. I asked a question and I don’t care to hear from trolls and shyt red rep posters who obviously have no interest in this title to begin with

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Reading up more....sentiments look like gameplay is solid albeit repetitive, graphics are decent enough but not up to modern standard, and the open world is virtually pointless and full of meaningless fetch quests. I got a lot on my plate backlog and life wise right now. Leaning towards waiting a bit on this one.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
My concerns seem to be spot on, but I think it could be a fun game so long as you can ignore everyone will take 30 sword slices to kill despite not having powers like Nioh or Wo Long :mjgrin:

Seeing the open world and combat footage in reviews just makes me think of this as Way of the Samurai 4 with a better budget and expanded combat system.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Anyway, I’ve seen enough to think this is a solid mid spring pick up. Loot system and open world tropes notwithstanding, majority of complaints sound like a personal/skill issue. Combat looks varied and challenging but not on the annoying souls level. Team ninja picked to the right time to drop this with Shogun being so hot