NULL
GK60lJiWQAAr7Z1.jpg

:mjpls:

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth

This is how much OJ Simpson made from endorsement deals with Hertz, other big brands before his arrest​

oj-1.jpg

Business Deals

Before his arrest and high-profile murder trial, Simpson had so many ambassadorial deals. His first ambassadorial deal was with General Motors in 1970, even before he played in an NFL game. According to Sports Illustrated, he was paid $250,000 ($2 million in 2024 dollars after adjusting for inflation) to appear in Chevrolet commercials.

Four years later, he signed his first deal with Hertz Corporation as part of a $12.6 million advertising campaign. In an interview with the New York Times, he revealed that the car rental company paid him between $100,000 and $250,000 (about $670,000 to $1.6 million in 2024, adjusted for inflation).

As per Forbes, the ad campaign was wildly successful for the rental car company, resulting in Hertz posting net profits 47% higher in 1976.

What is more, Simpson also inked a deal to become the chief spokesperson for TreeSweet orange juice. According to the Times, it was a five-year contract for over $1 million plus a percentage of sales.

Simpson had a net worth of $10 million and was making around $1 million per year by the time he divorced Brown in 1992. According to the Washington Post, approximately $550,000 of that income came from Hertz, with the rest coming from film and television.

At the peak of his career, Simpson made more money from advertising gigs than from football. “I used to call the football season my off-season,” he told the Los Angeles Times in 1989.

:banderas:

RIP to the Juice

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
OJ's reputation from Black people as a White person and White woman lover didn't begin until after his acquittal, when he got back with a White woman. Before those murders, who OJ was married to, or dated, didn't even make the news, nor did nobody care if he was married to a White woman, because nearly all big named Black celebrities, regardless of profession, or sex, did this, and still do. Before all this, OJ was a legend to the Black community, and he had nearly the same respect as a JIm Brown, or a Muhammad Ali.

This is coming from a brother who can remember OJ since he won The Heisman Trophy in his senior year, and not from a sister caught up in her feelings, or someone caught up in the hype. Coming up, he was seen as a humble brother, who was well respected by Black people and White people, but mostly Black people. And he did give back to the Black youth...do the research.

No disrespect, but the way he talked when he played, and the way he talked when he first started as a sport announcer, was nothing like the way he talked today.

With all said, OJ was singled out because the Black women on that jury got him acquitted, and everybody thought he should have only dated Black women after that, as though he owed it to the Black community...but he didn't do that. I think most Black celebrities, regardless of sex, would have done the same thing, if they were in his shoes, and got acquitted by the help of Black people on a jury.

Last edited:

broller

Veteran
Daps
OJ's reputation from Black people as a White person and White woman lover didn't begin until after his acquittal, when he got back with a White woman. Before those murders, who OJ was married to, or dated, didn't even make the news, and nobody cared if he was married to a White woman, because nearly all big named Black celebrities, regardless of profession, or sex, did this, and still do. Before all this, OJ was legend to the Black community, and he had close to the same respect as a JIm Brown, or a Muhammad Ali.

This is coming from a brother who can remember OJ since his senior year in college, and not from a sister caught up in her feelings, or someone caught up in the hype. Coming up, he was seen as a humble brother, who was well respected by Black people and White people, but mostly Black people. And he did give back to the Black youth...do the research.

No disrespect, but the way he talked when he played, and the way he talked when he first started as a sport announcer, was nothing like the way he talked today.

With all said, OJ was singled out because the Black women on that jury got him acquitted, and everybody thought he should only date White women after that...and he didn't. I think most Black celebrities, regardless of sex, would have done the same thing, if they were in his shoes, and got acquitted by the help of Black people on the jury.

You mean he spoke more like a breh who grew up around other brehs early on in his career ?

Should date only black women*

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
You mean he spoke more like a breh who grew up around other brehs early on in his career ?

Should date only black women*
Yes he did. The Juice was from the hood. Those White sports annoucers tried to make him sound dumb when he first started, because of his deep Black voice. But over the years, he learned to talk more like he did today, although he still kept his deep voice. I can still remember that Hertz commercial, with him in that heavy voice saying, "So take it from me, OJ Simpson...a superstar, that can rent a car".

By the way, his first wife was Black. I remember hearing that they had a baby daughter that drowned in their backyard pool. I heard OJ left her because of that. But I'm not really sure why they split up.

Last edited:

broller

Veteran
Daps
Yes he did. The Juice was from the hood. Those White sports annoucers tried to make him sound dumb when he first started, because of his deep Black voice. But over the years, he learned to talk more like he did today, although he still kept his deep voice. I can still remember that Hertz commercial, with him in that heavy voice saying, "So take it from me, OJ Simpson...a superstar, that can rent a car".

By the way, his first wife was Black. I remember hearing that they had a baby daughter that drowned in their backyard pool. I heard OJ left her because of that. But I'm not really sure why they split up.

Thanks breh

Daps
OJ's reputation from Black people as a White person and White woman lover didn't begin until after his acquittal, when he got back with a White woman. Before those murders, who OJ was married to, or dated, didn't even make the news, nor did nobody care if he was married to a White woman, because nearly all big named Black celebrities, regardless of profession, or sex, did this, and still do. Before all this, OJ was a legend to the Black community, and he had nearly the same respect as a JIm Brown, or a Muhammad Ali.

This is coming from a brother who can remember OJ since he won The Heisman Trophy in his senior year, and not from a sister caught up in her feelings, or someone caught up in the hype. Coming up, he was seen as a humble brother, who was well respected by Black people and White people, but mostly Black people. And he did give back to the Black youth...do the research.

With all said, OJ was singled out because the Black women on that jury got him acquitted, and everybody thought he should have only dated Black women after that, as though he owed it to the Black community...but he didn't do that. I think most Black celebrities, regardless of sex, would have done the same thing, if they were in his shoes, and got acquitted by the help of Black people on a jury.

I don't have any memory of OJ before his case. I didn't even know he was on the level of Ali in those days.