RIP MF DOOM

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Does Doom have one defining song that you can play at a hip hop gig and most fans will know? Like a "Simon Says", "Worst Comes To Worst", "93 Til", "Hip Hop", "Definition", "You Never Knew" etc.

I've always seen him as more of an album artist and I just let his music play through. But I'm not gonna lie like I was always super deep on his catalogue either.
For me it’s ALL CAPS

Edit: also Curls

Daps

in a way they had a similar unconventional approach to rhyming and this is what sets you apart

but their styles can be contrasted Doom can rhyme whole paragraphs and Prodigy could go paragraphs without a rhyme but flowing:ohlawd:

the unpredictability is what keeps you excited

Nas also does it your ear thinks the rhyme is coming but it's a different word

Last edited:
Daps
Does Doom have one defining song that you can play at a hip hop gig and most fans will know? Like a "Simon Says", "Worst Comes To Worst", "93 Til", "Hip Hop", "Definition", "You Never Knew" etc.

I've always seen him as more of an album artist and I just let his music play through. But I'm not gonna lie like I was always super deep on his catalogue either.
ALLCAPS or Doomsday

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
:salute: everyone. I was thinking "Doomsday" or "ALLCAPS" but to be honest I've never really heard his music played often in big crowds. It was more at house parties where actual heads were controlling the aux or the mix.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz

he has no radioplay whatsoever, so i dont know what most people would know, but i think a track like accordion could be universally liked

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

He definitely doesn’t have anything on par with Simon Says or 93 Til Infinity or Hip Hop. He has a few songs from Operation Doomsday and Madvilliany especially that any underground rap fan would recognize. On par with You Never Knew. Probably much bigger over time. But he never had a major label behind him to push a single even in the way that Worst Comes to Worst and Definition got pushed.

he definitely doesn’t have a single that would get the same reaction Ebonics would get.

that being said, Madvilliany is probably the pinnacle of underground classic albums.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
is this fa real.
like whut tha fukk?

Damn,....rip.

I got so many words for this dude.
Plus put his references in the first record I ever released too.

this is shocking.
I have to fact check this on my own to find out more and possibly come back.

rest in peace.

Zeb love x
mf doom

the man of modern re-invention from good intentions

art barr