All Star
Daps

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
He definitely doesn’t have anything on par with Simon Says or 93 Til Infinity or Hip Hop. He has a few songs from Operation Doomsday and Madvilliany especially that any underground rap fan would recognize. On par with You Never Knew. Probably much bigger over time. But he never had a major label behind him to push a single even in the way that Worst Comes to Worst and Definition got pushed.

he definitely doesn’t have a single that would get the same reaction Ebonics would get.

that being said, Madvilliany is probably the pinnacle of underground classic albums.

Yeah hard, Madvillainy would make most "best album of the 2000s" lists but I dont know if any individual song would.

It's interesting. Similar with Donuts where the body of work as a whole is definitely greater than the individual pieces and almost needs to be appreciated as a whole piece of work.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
one of my favorite loosies from DOOM right here :wow: i remember when this shyt leaked i was fukkin hyped for Madvillainy 2

lyrically he went in on this too :whew: man could go toe to toe with pretty much any rapper with the bars

I think it was 2016, I was :ohhh: at the Link, got it Loaded up to Play and heard "I Like To Start Off By Thinking Out Sponsor, For Financing The Parts For This Frankenstein Monster.." I was :krs::krs::ooh::ohlawd: ....heard that beat drop:krs::krs::krs:witj the Broad in the background:blessed::feedme:

"Time Out"

"Ok Time Back In"

"Stripclub Full Of Whores And Grown Men Snoring":heh:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
one of my favorite loosies from DOOM right here :wow: i remember when this shyt leaked i was fukkin hyped for Madvillainy 2

lyrically he went in on this too :whew: man could go toe to toe with pretty much any rapper with the bars

Who got a lank for this ?

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
I think it was 2016, I was :ohhh: at the Link, got it Loaded up to Play and heard "I Like To Start Off By Thinking Out Sponsor, For Financing The Parts For This Frankenstein Monster.." I was :krs::krs::ooh::ohlawd: ....heard that beat drop:krs::krs::krs:witj the Broad in the background:blessed::feedme:

"Time Out"

"Ok Time Back In"

"Stripclub Full Of Whores And Grown Men Snoring":heh:

“do a show.....same time watch it” :mjlol:

dude was outchea sending imposters to perform for him then mockingly rapping about it :russ:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
the latest Juan Ep is about DOOM. They talk to Bobbito, Kurious Jorge and PBW. Cipha makes a stupid dad joke about not liking Peanut Butter Wolf becasue Jelly dog is better or something like that. Wolf says that they're in talks with his manager and estate about a proper Madvillainy 2 release. Rosenberg again only knows a surface level amount about DOOM and Ciph knows sweet fukk all even tho he worked at Fat Beats etc.

Juan Ep Is DOOM Part 1 - Juan Ep Is Dead

don't know why they made it a 2 parter, just put the whole thing out, but thats Cipha and Rosenberg, don't know shyt about Hip Hop or podcasting.

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Or on Fancy Clown how Viktor Vaughn was clowning Doom for being a Simp and falling in love with a Woman who cheated on him

Y'all need to go back and listen to his shyt, lot of shyt flew over people heads
Nah

Fancy Clown is Viktor talkin bout the girl cheated on him with DOOM. Its from Viktor's perspective.

*put ya sista on the phone*
"It's Viktor"

"Don't make me have to pound his tin crown face in..."

"That's you if you want a dude who wear a mask all day..."

"When you see tin head, tell him be ducking down..."

Add in the fact he was talkin bout he did alot of grimy shyt himself...with her girlfriend, the maid in MD, hit her moms :mjlol:

Real grimy Viktor shyt

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Maaaaan listen. I thought for sure we were getting Madvillainy 2 when I saw the vid posted. It was Madlib doing a set somewhere and when DOOM come on the whole place like :ohhh::krs:

Too many quotables DOOM was a beast, top tier upper echelon MC all the way up to his transition man smh

MC extraordinaire, technique sort of rare
Caught a glare, sure to scare, next week more to share

Look, not to give a mixed signal
The rap game got more toys than Kris Kringle
And he's fake, your ears are not deceiving...

They thought the Don had gone silent
Since deep in his studies he's accepted non-violence
Don't make him have to skip some classes
And open up a old can of whoop ass with the fastness

The mask is like a handcrafted ghillie suit
Only if ladies could see him they'd say he's really cute

Honestly I coulda posted the whole song. Every bar is dope :whew:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I don't know if this was online or not. From the Source March 2001 issue with Ja Rule. Took a quick picture of my magazine.

https://i.ibb.co/NNNPv4f/Doom-Article-Lost-and-Found-The-Source-Copy.jpg

Doom-Article-Lost-and-Found-The-Source-Copy

image upload

if you read the comments under this video i think this may be what they're talking about.

I think I vaguely remember reading this now. Crazy how in 2001 they were talking about him dropping Operation Doomsday soon when it had been out for two years already :francis:
They even say the album is dropping on Metal Face/Subverse when I believe the OG 99 Operation Doomsday dropped on Fondle Em? :ohhh: