RIP Kevin Samuels

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Well damn. That’s why I’m also careful about what I share on social media. People get more bold online than they otherwise would be.
Mmm, no. I dont have social media. All I had to do to attract the hyenas was express agreement on an obscure thread on an obscure forum. Mind you, I was basing my agreement on a real life lived amongst hvm. No, their women dont be fat and tatted up, I never saw one at a dinner party. No, I take that back. I did see the same one, twice, but never again.

All I can speak on is what I see for myself. I’ve been watching a battle of the sexes play out these last couple of days. He’s also been described as polarizing by the very people who subscribe to him. That’s why I said it seems like his platform was divisive more than anything else.
What you're seeing online are the loud and perenially single. Goal oriented women took notes and are implementing them irl. Formerly lost hvm know precisely who to seek. Engagements, marriages, and reconciliations are occurring, offline. Several occurred in his groups while he was living.

Rum&Pineapple

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Mmm, no. I dont have social media. All I had to do to attract the hyenas was express agreement on an obscure thread on an obscure forum. Mind you, I was basing my agreement on a real life lived amongst hvm. No, their women dont be fat and tatted up, I never saw one at a dinner party. No, I take that back. I did see the same one, twice, but never again.

What you're seeing online are the loud and perenially single. Goal oriented women took notes and are implementing them irl. Formerly lost hvm know precisely who to seek. Engagements, marriages, and reconciliations are occurring, offline. Several occurred in his groups while he was living.

Ok. I’m not in any Kevin Samuels groups, so that explains it. I also personally don’t know anyone who was a devout follower, so that also explains it. I just see the shytstorm online - here and FB. And not just from the perennially single. Some of the men on here talking greasy about black women claim to be married.

Truth be told, taking notes from a twice divorced man who was happily single at end of life sounds like a recipe for disaster. Twice divorced but had a platform that showcased black women as the problem and talked about how they had no accountability. But :yeshrug:

Hopefully they were taking notes on the types of men to avoid…

Last edited:
Daps
And therein lies the rub for me ^^

If you can't show me that your advice worked for you, why in the hell should I trust your advice for myself?

You're single, unmarried, not even in a long term relationship, alleged bad blood between your daughter and your baby moms...

But I should let you give me advice?

Why? It's ignorance at its finest. And I'm not saying that he didn't occasionally say things that made sense. A broken clock is right twice a day but would you trust it as an alarm clock?

Rum&Pineapple

Pro
Supporter
Daps

If you can't show me that your advice worked for you, why in the hell should I trust your advice for myself?

You're single, unmarried, not even in a long term relationship, alleged bad blood between your daughter and your baby moms...

Why? It's ignorance at its finest. And I'm not saying that he didn't occasionally say things that made sense. A broken clock is right twice a day but would you trust it as an alarm clock?

These KS followers probably trashed the shyt out of Steve Harvey for being 2x divorced when he was giving women advice. Not a fan of his either but I do wonder :dead:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

But a married man of ten years knows nothing or very little about the current dating market. See the thing that KS was basing his POV on was that he has done the work and learned why his marriage failed. Because he was the guy that he teaches men to not be. He didn’t chose the right wife for him. Experience is the best teacher.

The thing is, men choose to be married so saying he wasn’t married doesn’t indicate that he could not find a wife it shows he didn’t want to do it a third time.

And also he spent hours a day around the type of men that most women say they want and all he did was tell women what those men wanted or had. I don’t need to be married to tell you what my peers or hours of research has shown me. Also most married couples agree with him it’s the angry single people that have all the smoke.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
These KS followers probably trashed the shyt out of Steve Harvey for being 2x divorced when he was giving women advice. Not a fan of his either but I do wonder :dead:
Steve Harvey was preaching bullshyt with that think like a man book tho, he deserves all the criticism.

He has gotten better over the years but as you can see his advice isn’t as popular anymore.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
No one said that. We just said if the scenario took place where it's he say/she say, what will your reactions be is critical to deciding if I should or shouldn't be in a relationship with you. Bro, you basically doing the, if this nikka was being a pedo, would you look the other way. That's not what any of us co-sign or agree with. That nikka needs to be in jail if he's a pedo and he doesn't need to be around kids period. What you doing is projecting based on what you feel more than what's being said.
Stop trying to be the Kevin Samuels whisperer and listen to what he actually said. It went on for 6 minutes.

You are reducing everything he said to the one minor tangential point that allows you some seemingly reasonable space to play your role as public defender.

In you and his twisted view, if sexual abuse or the prospect of sexual abuse is brought forth by a father to a mother, the primary factor in how the mother should react is not whether it happened or not but rather who should she believe and in his mind she should believe the man because he comes first and “children lie.” He told her she lacked empathy for men if she believed her daughter. Using it as a thought experiment in a hypothetical scenario or not it’s a disgusting thing to say and it revealed how he feels about the issue.

You are full of shyt if you claim to be “pro-Black family” and turbo-juelz to defend this dude the way you are right now because women looking the other when their daughters get touched because they want to keep a man is a generational problem in the community that too often gets swept under the rug and leads to broken adult women, much like the type KS bashes.

Daps
Reppin
704. Formerly 212 and 843.
Steve Harvey was married to his current wife when he started giving out relationship advice and he said couldn't say he was an expert on marriage because he was divorced twice. I always thought Kevin should've showcased the couples from his FB group by putting the.on his show. Because he didn't do that along with his failed marriages was always going to make him seem suspect to his critics.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
To the people in here saying he switched up his schtick to cause more controversy and make more money….

What are you going to tell us next? Water is wet?

You can simultaneously hold multiple positions/opinions and decide to only express those that are you in best self interests. Doesn’t make what you’re saying any less true.

Let Breh R.I.P

Rum&Pineapple

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Steve Harvey was preaching bullshyt with that think like a man book tho, he deserves all the criticism.

He has gotten better over the years but as you can see his advice isn’t as popular anymore.

I’m talking about the part where he was 2x divorced. I’m sure that was part of the discussion. About how he had 2 failed marriages and didn’t qualify to be giving advice anyway. Lol.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
To the people in here saying he switched up his schtick to cause more controversy and make more money….

What are you going to tell us next? Water is wet?

You can simultaneously hold multiple positions/opinions and decide to only express those that are you in best self interests. Doesn’t make what you’re saying any less true.

Let Breh R.I.P
And Chuck Brown, the Godfather of go go, really liked playing jazz. What else is new. I hear you.

Last edited: