RIP Google Play Music: How to Transfer Your Music From Google Play to YouTube

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I noticed the Recently Played tab is just a list of songs like the History page is on Youtube with videos
:snoop:

On GPM, it shows you the albums which is better IMO. The more I use it, the more I'm realizing that I wish they just reskinned GPM as YTM and just refreshed the Home Screen. I've used GPM for years so I'm used to navigating and finding my music quickly. I don't like it mixing with the Youtube video info either, I prefer them separate.
I actually dont like the albums recent on GPM because so many of my downloaded skngs arent on an album, so it shows any album by the artist instead.

I prefer songs as recent but wouldnt mind an option.

The biggest issue right now is you cant mix libraries

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I noticed the Recently Played tab is just a list of songs like the History page is on Youtube with videos
:snoop:

On GPM, it shows you the albums which is better IMO. The more I use it, the more I'm realizing that I wish they just reskinned GPM as YTM and just refreshed the Home Screen. I've used GPM for years so I'm used to navigating and finding my music quickly. I don't like it mixing with the Youtube video info either, I prefer them separate.
I have a different account from YouTube to Music. I had my YouTube account even before Google bought YouTube. Back when they had that Google social media site I was forced to merge my YouTube account with a Gmail account. Both of the accounts are under my Google account but separate. My account that shares this name is just for YouTube videos and the other account is for Music stuff.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
I'm here sorting songs from my 'Thumbs Up' playlist into separate playlists

One thing i noticed for a min..and this is why i dislike streaming services

Songs were DELETED or REPLACED without my knowledge

They did that with the Game's album when he couldn't clear that Stevie Wonder sample. Google actually pushed & replaced the uncleared song with the new version

I had a west coast compilation album...and i noticed new songs were put on and replaced. I thought i was losing my mind until i searched online & found the original album tracklist

Albums with missing tracks

Albums or Songs that are no longer available to stream

THIS is one of the reasons why people pirate stuff. To have a 'hard copy' preventing this

*Edit* Confirmed that they remove/add songs :francis:

GOOGLE said:
While all of your uploads and purchases will be transferred, certain songs or albums may not transfer due to rights or licensing issues. Also, if you added music to Google Play Music and it disappeared due to rights or licensing, it may reappear in YouTube Music.
If the rights or licensing changes after the date you transfer your account, the music will automatically appear in your library. This could include songs you’ve liked or disliked, playlists, and stations.

Transfer your Google Play Music account - YouTube Music Help

Last edited:

hadouken

quarter circle forward
Daps
I downloaded aimp . Its perfect for me. It took 2 seconds to transfer all my downloaded music . The only thing I had to do was move every song I had to the playlists I made.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Can someone give me the cons to why there's a ton of hate for Youtube Music? The interface seems cleaner and more modern than GPM.

Do the cons out weight getting Youtube Premium included with the service?

:comeon:
GPM just worked better. I've never had the amount of casting issues, bluetooth, or streaming issues on GPM that I've had since switching to YouTube Music. I'm trying really hard to give this app every chance since GPM is gone but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't think this was an inferior product in terms of reliability

Wayans Brehs

All Star
Supporter
Daps
YouTube Music is objectively worse than Google Play Music in every way. It's a buggy mess. I tried to make a new playlist the other day and the shyt would just disappear. I created the same playlist 20 times and it would NOT show up in my playlists. Then I check the next morning and the playlist is there. This keeps happening :mindblown:

The start radio option used to be a dope way to get a nice mix of music. Now if I hit start radio on Car 85 from Nas joint for example, it will just shuffle songs from King's Disease, other Nas albums, and maybe 2-3 other artists :mindblown:
Why is it suddenly a struggle to cast this shyt to my soundbar? :mindblown:
Why couldn't they just rename GPM? Whoever made this decision is a legit idiot :wow: