RIP Google Play Music: How to Transfer Your Music From Google Play to YouTube

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Can someone give me the cons to why there's a ton of hate for Youtube Music? The interface seems cleaner and more modern than GPM.

Do the cons out weight getting Youtube Premium included with the service?

:comeon:
I like the daily mixes on Spotify better. Way more variety on the playlist. I also like the Spotify Stations app. I use YouTube Music for downloaded albums and playlist I made personally and Spotify for everything else. The daily mixes on Tidal were better than both but when I dropped Sprint I lost my Tidal sub and I'm not paying for 3 services.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I like the daily mixes on Spotify better. Way more variety on the playlist. I also like the Spotify Stations app. I use YouTube Music for downloaded albums and playlist I made personally and Spotify for everything else. The daily mixes on Tidal were better than both but when I dropped Sprint I lost my Tidal sub and I'm not paying for 3 services.
Gotcha.

I don't really listen to playlists much so that is probably why.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Is this a work in progress or is their library complete? Mad sh!t I wouldn't be able to play if I hadn't transferred my library. I subscribed to google play with youtube red so it all should be available to me.

hadouken

quarter circle forward
Daps
brehs.... none of my music transferred over. what is this bull shyt? any other apps you guys been using ?

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I thought we would still be able to use the app and figured it just wouldn't transfer new music over and be supported, can't use it all anymore, smh

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Can someone give me the cons to why there's a ton of hate for Youtube Music? The interface seems cleaner and more modern than GPM.

Cuz its fukkin trash. I search for "artist name It first shows me a bunch of shyt on youtube. I then click uploads, it gives me a list of tracks, i click his name, list of tracks. I have to click too much shyt to get to a list of albums. i cant search within my uploaded albums, i have to scroll through via alphabetical order. its not streamlined at all. I hacked the app and still dont use it.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
This is bad. I transfered my music over but it separates the songs you uploaded and the streamed songs you added to your library. This makes no sense! Now you have no cohesion on an artist and you would have to go to separate pages just to listen to one song

Then clicking on an artist page doesnt shpw what songs you have in your library from them, so it's also not possible to add to your library.

This is worse than i thought

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

If you use all downloaded music and you have no interest in using the music that youtube provides then the app is a piece of shyt.

I've been using plex but it's not always responsive because you have to use a device as a server, so I'm thinking it's not a viable long term solution. I'm not pleased. :francis:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you use all downloaded music and you have no interest in using the music that youtube provides then the app is a piece of shyt.

I've been using plex but it's not always responsive because you have to use a device as a server, so I'm thinking it's not a viable long term solution. I'm not pleased. :francis:
I use my phone for all music. I don't really see the point to uploading music to YouTube Music as I already have the MP3 files on my phone. The only real disadvantage is I can't do blended playlist between YTM or Spotify and the MP3 files on my phone. I accepted that and moved on.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Honestly, if Youtube Premium wasn't in my plan, I'd think about switching to Spotify or Tidal.

I haven't really dug into Youtube Music yet. I noticed that ever since they started really communicating that Google Play Music was ending, the music has been weirdly skipping or just glitching for me... has anyone else noticed this? It's weird, my connection will be fine, but randomly the music on a track will start cutting out.

I feel like it's a tactic to help encourage users to switch over. It worked cause after throwing on that Benny the Butcher album last night, I heard it glitch, and I was like let me see if it does this shyt on YTM and it didn't.

:jbhmm:

I get it, but still meh.

Tidal is legit just can't stream your own music

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Cuz its fukkin trash. I search for "artist name It first shows me a bunch of shyt on youtube. I then click uploads, it gives me a list of tracks, i click his name, list of tracks. I have to click too much shyt to get to a list of albums. i cant search within my uploaded albums, i have to scroll through via alphabetical order. its not streamlined at all. I hacked the app and still dont use it.
I noticed the Recently Played tab is just a list of songs like the History page is on Youtube with videos
:snoop:

On GPM, it shows you the albums which is better IMO. The more I use it, the more I'm realizing that I wish they just reskinned GPM as YTM and just refreshed the Home Screen. I've used GPM for years so I'm used to navigating and finding my music quickly. I don't like it mixing with the Youtube video info either, I prefer them separate.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I noticed the Recently Played tab is just a list of songs like the History page is on Youtube with videos
:snoop:

On GPM, it shows you the albums which is better IMO. The more I use it, the more I'm realizing that I wish they just reskinned GPM as YTM and just refreshed the Home Screen. I've used GPM for years so I'm used to navigating and finding my music quickly. I don't like it mixing with the Youtube video info either, I prefer them separate.
exactly.