RIP Google Play Music: How to Transfer Your Music From Google Play to YouTube

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
I just spent less than 15 minutes setting up a Plex account and it's already better than YTM, and I didn't spend a dime. This shyt is uploading at the speed of light :ohhh:

The only problem is that the app doesnt have a widget on my homescreen like GPM and YTM, I think Plexamp does but you have to pay 9.99 for that and I won't. But navigation is light years better than YTM and it's a fast app. Give it a shot
What's plex about ? I always hear about it

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
What's plex about ? I always here about it

It's a cloud service like GPM but you can use it to store anything not just music. My fam has a shared account mostly for movies but I just made my own earlier today to put my music on and its not so bad so far. No storage limits either as far as I can see. :ehh:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
It's a cloud service like GPM but you can use it to store anything not just music. My fam has a shared account mostly for movies but I just made my own earlier today to put my music on and its not so bad so far. No storage limits either as far as I can see. :ehh:
:ohhh:

shyt free? I can put movies and shyt on there ? I got a whole bunch of movies on my external hd

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
:ohhh:

shyt free? I can put movies and shyt on there ? I got a whole bunch of movies on my external hd

It's completely free, theres a few features they intentionally put behind a paywall like that widget thing i talked about but its not bad. If it stays as good as it is years from now I'll consider paying

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, if Youtube Premium wasn't in my plan, I'd think about switching to Spotify or Tidal.

I haven't really dug into Youtube Music yet. I noticed that ever since they started really communicating that Google Play Music was ending, the music has been weirdly skipping or just glitching for me... has anyone else noticed this? It's weird, my connection will be fine, but randomly the music on a track will start cutting out.

I feel like it's a tactic to help encourage users to switch over. It worked cause after throwing on that Benny the Butcher album last night, I heard it glitch, and I was like let me see if it does this shyt on YTM and it didn't.

:jbhmm:

I get it, but still meh.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hate to be that dude since I'm late to this thread but is there an alternative to Youtube Music that folks have agreed upon? Already pay for Spotify, not trying to pay for another music platform just to listen to music that I've already paid for, Google really on some bullshyt trying to force YouTube Music on people.

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Google fukked up. Google music was the goat to me. I cant even download my own personal songs on the YouTube music app that I uploaded ages ago. Smh

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Hate to be that dude since I'm late to this thread but is there an alternative to Youtube Music that folks have agreed upon? Already pay for Spotify, not trying to pay for another music platform just to listen to music that I've already paid for, Google really on some bullshyt trying to force YouTube Music on people.
I use Spotify and YouTube Music. Mostly Spotify. I get the $99 cards annually from Best Buy. I can usually get like $10 off on my Amex card with an offer or I'll use reward points. Comes out to like $7.50 a month average.

YouTube Music could be so much better. Use it just cause it comes with YouTube Premium. Spotify is better. When it comes to music not on Spotify I just put it on my phone.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Honestly, if Youtube Premium wasn't in my plan, I'd think about switching to Spotify or Tidal.

I haven't really dug into Youtube Music yet. I noticed that ever since they started really communicating that Google Play Music was ending, the music has been weirdly skipping or just glitching for me... has anyone else noticed this? It's weird, my connection will be fine, but randomly the music on a track will start cutting out.

I feel like it's a tactic to help encourage users to switch over. It worked cause after throwing on that Benny the Butcher album last night, I heard it glitch, and I was like let me see if it does this shyt on YTM and it didn't.

:jbhmm:

I get it, but still meh.
Yup that happened with me on Google music

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can someone give me the cons to why there's a ton of hate for Youtube Music? The interface seems cleaner and more modern than GPM.

Do the cons out weight getting Youtube Premium included with the service?

:comeon:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I'm trying to get used to YTM before I am forced off GPM. I'll agree the interface is cleaner and more modern than GPM. I'll give them some time to get all the features moved over. I already have Spotify as a back up.

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Can someone give me the cons to why there's a ton of hate for Youtube Music? The interface seems cleaner and more modern than GPM.

Do the cons out weight getting Youtube Premium included with the service?

:comeon:

Youtube music coming free with my Youtube premium sub is the reason why i bushed my Apple music sub :mjgrin: