RIP Google Play Music: How to Transfer Your Music From Google Play to YouTube

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
just tried another .zip and they're mostly f*cked. a .csv should be good for info for playlists but I have mad music filenames with that extension so it's just a mess.
when I did the transfer a couple months ago I felt like it might be missing some tracks. so I wanted to just do the process over again just in case. it probably was fine but I'm super cautious about losing my music.
thank goodness I never deleted that original set of files I downloaded because this new way would have half of my shyt never getting transferred over as .mp3 smh.
So basically I can't play the file on a media app? Never heard of csv

I got mad exclusive music man smh

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
So basically I can't play the file on a media app? Never heard of csv

I got mad exclusive music man smh
it's a "comma separated values" file, lol you open it up and it will probably take you to excel or some shyt. it's not music at all.
give it a shot, it might work fine for you and give you straight up music.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
it's a "comma separated values" file, lol you open it up and it will probably take you to excel or some shyt. it's not music at all.
I downloaded the file ....I'm going open it when I get home...son I'm going be tight if I can't play my music

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Got my mp3s...I'm good about to back it up

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
How's the transition been going for yall? Looks like I won't stop using Google music until I'm forced to, haven't been able to get used to yt music.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
How's the transition been going for yall? Looks like I won't stop using Google music until I'm forced to, haven't been able to get used to yt music.

I gave it a honest look. YTM is just trash man. Im using GPM until they force me out(Which is supposed to be in dec) I'll then be forced to use YTM. I'll stick with them until maybe jan/feb to see if they are gonna make any improvements. According to their reddit they do plan on bringing over all features from gpm to ytm. But if this means its gonna take them 1-2 years to complete that transition then fukk it. I'll just switch.

The only thing is i do use youtube ALOT so youtube premium is worth it to me and i would hate to have to spend more money on another music streaming platform. But honestly YTM is the bottom of the barrel man.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

It's a tough transition, I can no longer upload to GPM, so I've been uploading mostly smoothly to YTM but the actual app on my phone is garbage. I basically only hit shuffle or search for my uploaded music, but actually navigating through my library is slow and terrible.

At this rate I'm gonna need to find another app, but I don't wanna use Apple Music. :patrice:

Edit: Anyone use Plex for music? Does it work well?

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I've been using YT music for over a month

I hate it. Compared to google music it's terrible

Do not use this trash !!

I'm planning to switch to something else I dunno

Spotify or something

I just spent less than 15 minutes setting up a Plex account and it's already better than YTM, and I didn't spend a dime. This shyt is uploading at the speed of light :ohhh:

The only problem is that the app doesnt have a widget on my homescreen like GPM and YTM, I think Plexamp does but you have to pay 9.99 for that and I won't. But navigation is light years better than YTM and it's a fast app. Give it a shot

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mindblown: they also removed the ability to buy music from the play store???