RIP Google Play Music: How to Transfer Your Music From Google Play to YouTube

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I won't be buying digital content from Google again

I signed up to tidal and just have my library backed up on my desk top for now will figure out a streaming alternative later on

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Damn my transfer didnt take that long:picard:

Ohh well i only have it because it comes with yt premium and i get to upload rare albums or mixtapes.

Tidal is king:mjlit:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
yeahhhhh I tried. The platform is absolute garbagio. Will be subbing to Tidal or Apple Music.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
RIP :mjcry:

They wouldn't let me put shyt on my GPM anymore yesterday so I transitioned. :mjcry:

The YT Music app is pure trash too. :mjcry:
It's so difficult to use unless you pay.

Searching is wack on it. So much so that I don't even listen to my own music anymore. I just upload it to YTM and listen to the albums on TIDAL

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
the main trash part for me right now is, I hate that it doesnt show my uploaded music under the artists name.

Like there's the official artists page, and then my music for the artists under another tab.

It was perfect before. The official stuff on top, and mine on the bottom.

If it wasn't for YT premium, and the avoidance of ads, I woul've bounced along time ago.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
the main trash part for me right now is, I hate that it doesnt show my uploaded music under the artists name.

Like there's the official artists page, and then my music for the artists under another tab.

It was perfect before. The official stuff on top, and mine on the bottom.

If it wasn't for YT premium, and the avoidance of ads, I woul've bounced along time ago.

I'm just gonna double dip and keep yt prem and get spotify. I can't fukk with their music player in any capacity now. awful

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I would really want to sit down with whoever is in charge over at Google that sat down and said "let's take away a perfectly good platform, have everyone struggle to transfer their media, and have the new platform be significantly worse than the old"

what was the reason?

lyor cohen with the goal of monetizing GM as much as possible

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Spotify trash too :mindblown:

And its quiet af. Apple music it is

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
I would really want to sit down with whoever is in charge over at Google that sat down and said "let's take away a perfectly good platform, have everyone struggle to transfer their media, and have the new platform be significantly worse than the old"

what was the reason?
16 zip files and most of my files seem to be .csv files and NOT media files. lol there is no way they think this shyt it acceptable......
wtf.png

LUCKILY when I did the download music/export option about a month ago, it was a different process and just downloaded the files correctly straight to a folder on my PC. I would be hot if I was relying on this new way they have up to get all my music for me.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
16 zip files and most of my files seem to be .csv files and NOT media files. lol there is no way they think this shyt it acceptable......
wtf.png

LUCKILY when I did the download music/export option about a month ago, it was a different process and just downloaded the files correctly straight to a folder on my PC. I would be hot if I was relying on this new way they have up to get all my music for me.
Wait? Are u saying If I try to download my songs that I uploaded to YouTube music it won't be in mp3 format?

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Wait? Are u saying If I try to download my songs that I uploaded to YouTube music it won't be in mp3 format?
who knows, this is the resulting structure when I downloaded one of those zip files. so it damn sure didn't work on my end.
I'll try it again just out of curiosity but like I said luckily I downloaded it all about a month or two back.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
who knows, this is the resulting structure when I downloaded one of those zip files. so it damn sure didn't work on my end.
I'll try it again just out of curiosity but like I said luckily I downloaded it all about a month or two back.
Smh ...I'm about to try this shyt on my work computer

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Smh ...I'm about to try this shyt on my work computer
just tried another .zip and they're mostly f*cked. a .csv should be good for info for playlists but I have mad music filenames with that extension so it's just a mess.
when I did the transfer a couple months ago I felt like it might be missing some tracks. so I wanted to just do the process over again just in case. it probably was fine but I'm super cautious about losing my music.
thank goodness I never deleted that original set of files I downloaded because this new way would have half of my shyt never getting transferred over as .mp3 smh.