RIP 9 tails aka Kurama :mjcry:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Akira Toriyama has two classics in two different subgenres with Dr. Slump and Dragonball.

Y'all count Hiro Mashima w/ Rave Master and Fairy Tail?

Rave Master was dope, Fairy tail is average at best. Works as a starter manga/anime though.

How we forgetting Rumiko Takahashi?

:dwillhuh:

Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha.

Takehiko Inoue with Slam Dunk and Vagabond

Naoki Urasawa with Monster and 20th Century Boys.

There's a lot of mangaka that have two successful series that are both high quality.

I think the big 3 era forces those guys to give their fanbase more of the same rather than creating their next big work. Established fanbase means merchandise can always be sold to a certain percentage. New manga, good luck.

Last edited:

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Don't the tailed beasts reform after some time passes though? Or this doesn't apply here?

I don't plan on watching Boruto after they're tramping Naruto and Sasuke name through the mud on some bs. They should have left them out of this as much as possible.

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
Rave Master was dope, Fairy tail is average at best. Works as a starter manga/anime though.

But isn’t fairy tale the more popular one? :patrice:

Yeah. Rave Master was one of the animes I watched in my early days of manga/anime outside of the traditional popular DBZ, Pokemon, etc. I somewhat gathered that Fairy Tail was Mashima's most successful work.

I have noticed though that there are certain traits from works of previous generation that tend to be copied by the generation coming after. In Big 3 era, outside of One Piece, I interpreted mangakas basing the whole rivals/brothers thing from Goku and Vegeta's relationship (Naruto and Sasuke have huge vibes of that dynamic) Now in the next generation with Black Clover are taking Naruto's system and hierarchy thing and applying it to their stuff. A lot of mangas take something from the previous generation I think and gradually deviate

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah. Rave Master was one of the animes I watched in my early days of manga/anime outside of the traditional popular DBZ, Pokemon, etc. I somewhat gathered that Fairy Tail was Mashima's most successful work.

I have noticed though that there are certain traits from works of previous generation that tend to be copied by the generation coming after. In Big 3 era, outside of One Piece, I interpreted mangakas basing the whole rivals/brothers thing from Goku and Vegeta's relationship (Naruto and Sasuke have huge vibes of that dynamic) Now in the next generation with Black Clover are taking Naruto's system and hierarchy thing and applying it to their stuff. A lot of mangas take something from the previous generation I think and gradually deviate

Those Shonen tropes existed before dbz

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Nope, he never used those truth seeking balls after the end of Shippuden.
He still had sage of six paths power. Once you use the truth seeking orbs they do not regenerate. You can see him go sage of six paths right be stacking kurams chakra on top when he started fighting ishiki in the village.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Im sad they nerfed naruto and sasuke cuz the god of the them damn aliens out ther and who rhe fukk gonna fight him lol. Kawaki and boruto gonna get bodied they aint ready for all that. And I doubt hes gonna let them go to amado and get modified so that they can get powered up to that level. 1v1 naruto and sasuke cant fight none of the new villians as is. Maybe not even with both of em

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Who gives a shiit. Naruto is the sorriest main character of all time…right there with Evangelion’s :hhh:

dLETudn.gif

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this shyt still going on? :dwillhuh:

crazy how I was invested in this shyt in my pre-teens now I'm finding out major plot points from scrolling the arcadium on thecoli.

Naruto pre-time skip (shippuden) had goat potential as a series then it just went downhill. I enjoyed some parts of Shippuden though, then just dropped it and didn't care to even check Boruto. I do come across random plot points and manga panels online from time to time. Seems like it's still relatively popular.