Ridley Scott's The Last Duel takes in 4 million on a budget of 100+ million

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Watch this one be decent. Swear some of yall got the taste of small children who don't like vegetables
It’s a great movie. It was marketed poorly and nikkas don’t got to the movies unless the trailer has 5+ explosions :pachaha:. I was like the only person who actually watched the movie in the official thread. Tried to put my Coli brehs on. They did a really bad job marketing tho. Should’ve put a lot more of the warfare in the trailer

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Watch this one be decent. Swear some of yall got the taste of small children who don't like vegetables
It probably is a good movie and I plan on watching it when it hits streaming but most of the criticism in here isn't about the film's quality but more about how the studio was on crack thinking this type of movie was a smart release in the current environment and also that the marketing for it was terrible and did the film no favors.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It's always the same with his stans, If you say you don't like one of his modern films and the response is 'bu bu bu Alien.....Blade Runner'
The best thing Ridley Scott has had his name on in recent years has been the Raised By Wolves series on HBO Max.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
.he didn't make that....I think he is a producer
His production company (Scott Free Productions) made the show but he and his son also directed 5 of the episodes in season 1.
Ridley definitely directed the first 2 episodes solo.

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
Old people are a trip lol.

Ridley Scott Blames The Last Duel Bombing on Millennials – The Hollywood Reporter

Scott’s explanation for the horrible box office performance? Apathetic millennials.

“I think what it boils down to — what we’ve got today [are] the audiences who were brought up on these fukking cellphones. The millennian [sic] do not ever want to be taught anything unless you’re told it on a cellphone,” Scott said.

“This is a broad stroke, but I think we’re dealing with it right now with Facebook,” Scott added. “This is a misdirection that has happened where it’s given the wrong kind of confidence to this latest generation, I think.”

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:
Were still in the middle of a fukking pandemic, unless it's a mega blockbuster from a successful franchise, people are not going to the cinema to see it, and even the blockbusters have a tough time attrackting pre pandemic audiences. This is a period drama that the studio didn't even bother to promote. I wish we were still living in the early 2000's Ridley but we don't anymore and it's your generation that is responsible for the fukked up state of the world we're living in now, not Millenians :ufdup: