Ridley Scott's The Last Duel takes in 4 million on a budget of 100+ million

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
that plot sounds like it can be done with a film student’s budget. Why 100 million? Is there magic involved?

nikka what? :dahell:
Jean de Carrouges is a respected knight known for his bravery and skill on the battlefield. Jacques Le Gris is a squire whose intelligence and eloquence makes him one of the most admired nobles in court. When Le Gris viciously assaults Carrouges' wife, she steps forward to accuse her attacker, an act of bravery and defiance that puts her life in jeopardy. The ensuing trial by combat, a grueling duel to the death, places the fate of all three in God's hands.
this is the bio :heh:

Has to be the cast. A lot of big names in there. And if they filmed multiple locations that can balloon the budget as well.
Yeah the cast is pricey

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So this was written by Affleck and Damon too? Didn't realize that.
I really think they overestimated the hunger for older folks to come back to movie theaters and on top of that marketed the film as a dour rapey 3 hours instead of playing up the action.
I wonder if its flopping so spectacularly will make them cut the 45 day wait for it to move to digital and they'll try to move it ASAP to get some kind of revenue generated from it?

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I don’t know who this movie was made for. The marketing made it seem like it was a feminist/women empowerment movie, but women aren’t flocking to see a movie like this.

Part of the problem was the way they marketed the rape angle made the woman look unreliable or like she was up to no good and framing the guy. Women ain't trying to see something that could possibly be a 'gotcha bytch' movie.