"Ride Along 2", 2016 action comedy film with Ice Cube & Kevin Hart

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I think I laughed twice man. I really wanted to like it but it was just the same movie as the first only worse. Like the same exact movie. Just made less sense and wasn't as funny.

Ill be honest, I cant even remember the first one and I doubt ill remember this one but, for the time being, my fave parts were GTA grandma, African King section, "Oh shyt, he a zombie", and the ending.

Tika Sumpter in that cop outfit tho :noah: :noah:

She needs to be in more stuff.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ill be honest, I cant even remember the first one and I doubt ill remember this one but, for the time being, my fave parts were GTA grandma, African King section, "Oh shyt, he a zombie", and the ending.

Tika Sumpter in that cop outfit tho :noah: :noah:

She needs to be in more stuff.

I was thinking the same exact shyt about Tika. And you and I have the same favorite parts minus the zombie thing. I'll take that out and sub it for the cell phone gag he did. But yeah ultimately forgettable flicks and this one didn't open as well as the first so we'll see. But the joke is getting old. Kevin needs to prove himself to Ice Cube who's devoid of emotion. We get it.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I was thinking the same exact shyt about Tika. And you and I have the same favorite parts minus the zombie thing. I'll take that out and sub it for the cell phone gag he did. But yeah ultimately forgettable flicks and this one didn't open as well as the first so we'll see. But the joke is getting old. Kevin needs to prove himself to Ice Cube who's devoid of emotion. We get it.
I think it's time Kevin hart gets more selective with his scripts. He is literally him in every movie and nothing he has done has really made him a better star. He is playing a dangerous game ridding this "I'm the hot guy" wave. Instead he should be trying to grow as an actor and get some roles where he can get some looks from a different type of director that is going to make him a legit movie star.

But I get it, he is taking the safe route and it's working so if he don't change I won't blame him

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think it's time Kevin hart gets more selective with his scripts. He is literally him in every movie and nothing he has done has really made him a better star. He is playing a dangerous game ridding this "I'm the hot guy" wave. Instead he should be trying to grow as an actor and get some roles where he can get some looks from a different type of director that is going to make him a legit movie star.

But I get it, he is taking the safe route and it's working so if he don't change I won't blame him

My favorite movie of his and favorite role is still About Last Night. He was the sidekick but not the typical sidekick role he's played. He was less loud, less manic, and seemed like a real person who just so happened to be funny while going through his own relationship issues and relating to his boy played by Michael Ealy. I still really fukk with that movie and wish he'd do more like that. I guess there's a chance his new flick with the rock will be a tad different as he'll be the straight man

Rayzah

Daps
My favorite movie of his and favorite role is still About Last Night. He was the sidekick but not the typical sidekick role he's played. He was less loud, less manic, and seemed like a real person who just so happened to be funny while going through his own relationship issues and relating to his boy played by Michael Ealy. I still really fukk with that movie and wish he'd do more like that. I guess there's a chance his new flick with the rock will be a tad different as he'll be the straight man
I'm looking forward to that, them two should have some great verbal exchanges. But my favorite movie of his is wedding ringer. He was funny without being all goofy and stupid

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm looking forward to that, them two should have some great verbal exchanges. But my favorite movie of his is wedding ringer. He was funny without being all goofy and stupid

And I couldn't stand the wedding ringer:russ: I thought he and Josh Gad were on point but the movie overall was:coffee: and just sloppy as fukk. It reminded me of one of those late 90s early 2000s comedies where they're built around the personalities and the writers and directors said fukk it to everything else. Just rely on the funny people and they'll cover up the gaping holes elsewhere.

Rayzah

Daps
And I couldn't stand the wedding ringer:russ: I thought he and Josh Gad were on point but the movie overall was:coffee: and just sloppy as fukk. It reminded me of one of those late 90s early 2000s comedies where they're built around the personalities and the writers and directors said fukk it to everything else. Just rely on the funny people and they'll cover up the gaping holes elsewhere.
I mean yea the plot was dumb but I'm basing it on how funny I thought they were in the movie and it was rated R those are always the better comedies. But I see why you are saying

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Cube going for the 3 peat. Consecutive 100 mill produced films

It's under performing from the pre release prognostications. Unlikely to push 100 mill now.

Still making good bank for the money though, so :salute: nontheless

His next two productions are lower budget films, so we'll see what kind of return he gets on those.