Ricochet calls out the bytchy Marks of the IWC

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If someone had a valid point to make I'm sure posters would listen to it.
People are making points they feel are valid about something that is subjective. There is no objective truth here. And they're at least explaining themselves, instead of just making dumb shyt posts out of spite, which is what it seems like Ricochet is referring too. There is a group of bitter people on social media who will just nitpick shyt to death because Rico made his own choice to peruse something different, and those people are pathetic, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the few poster in this thread.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
People are making points they feel are valid about something that is subjective. There is no objective truth here. And they're at least explaining themselves, instead of just making dumb shyt posts out of spite, which is what it seems like Ricochet is referring too. There is a group of bitter people on social media who will just nitpick shyt to death because Rico made his own choice to peruse something different, and those people are pathetic, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the few poster in this thread.
No, they’re using another company’s way of doing things as the measuring stick for a different company.

It’s like how one job had its way of doing things, then an employee leaves that job for another. The new job has its way of doing things that isn’t like the other.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
And Os/Rico never even brought up their history on AEW TV. Only you guys are bytching about it.

Marks spend time bytching about “no storyline” and talking about it online when they can easily look up info as to why they have “issues.”

for some weird reason, despite having time to bytch on forums, dudes can’t look up some quick info on YouTube? Son, what? :dahell:
Ok

What I get from them is

Osprey wanted Ricochet to get some wins under is belt to than challenge him

But he goes and gets a match against Osprey anyway after winning two matches against jobbers

Personally that’s poor booking

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis:I'm just treating it like a final cut of a match that I didn't care for in NJPW.

As far as buildup...meh. if you expect Tony Khan to have some sort of strong storyline without the audience having to play detective on some Se7en shyt, you are truly going to be sadden by the grim reminder that you have to watch:

• Dynamite
  • Rampage
  • ROH
  • NOOJ world subscription
  • YouTube fan arcs
  • A Archie comic at the local piggily wiggly
  • Collision (heaven help you wasting your precious Saturday evening instead of being in up some coochie)
  • lucha underground
  • Dragon Gate
  • PWG
  • Chikara
  • Some random indy show on Archive.org
Basically be a sicko psychotic mofo that "enjoys wrestling".

Otherwise just let the sickos live. My motto for Dub in 2024 to beyond, "forget it Jake it's Chinatown" :ehh:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Ok

What I get from them is

Osprey wanted Ricochet to get some wins under is belt to than challenge him

But he goes and gets a match against Osprey anyway after winning two matches against jobbers

Personally that’s poor booking

For as long as you been a wrestling fan it’s unbelievable how the way this business operates just flies over your head. It’s funny when you guys pick and choose when W-L “matter.” This is carny entertainment; there’s no “rule” to how shyt is booked.

Britt Baker challenged Mone without proving herself in W-L. Did you complain about that? Or was the build up enough for you to not notice? This isn’t the first time this way of booking has been used. It’s been done by every promotion.

You need a big match for an anniversary show. You do it here. You give the fans a taste of what these two can do and get them hooked.

You’re complaining about the way this is booked, but still gonna watch and enjoy the match. But I’m sure you’d find something to complain about. :skip:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
AEW =/= WWE. If you want a six-month build, watch WWE. That’s not what AEW does, I don’t know how long it’s going to take for it to sink in to people :heh:

This.

If anything, I wish Tony would just market the Dub like a dream promotion ala PWG with a budget (despite it being CZW with fukk money). It would save arguments and headaches of the weird booking :manny:. When you have heads conditioned with the slow burned booking of WWE and westernised wrestling in general, of course heads are going to look at the cards cockeyed.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Mu fukkas have internet and can complain about wrestling on message boards; writing paragraphs of shyt that takes 5 minutes, but can’t type in “ricochet will Ospreay” on Google and get results in less than 30 seconds. :mjlol:

This ain’t the 90s where you had to wait weeks to get a “best of” tape that explains things for ya.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
AEW =/= WWE. If you want a six-month build, watch WWE. That’s not what AEW does, I don’t know how long it’s going to take for it to sink in to people :heh:

Even when they do.... (i.e. Toni Storm and Mariah May or Swerve and Hangman) people will just ignore that and continue on with the narrative because they aren't looking to make logical points, they are looking to troll :mjlol:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
For as long as you been a wrestling fan it’s unbelievable how the way this business operates just flies over your head. It’s funny when you guys pick and choose when W-L “matter.” This is carny entertainment; there’s no “rule” to how shyt is booked.

Britt Baker challenged Mone without proving herself in W-L. Did you complain about that? Or was the build up enough for you to not notice? This isn’t the first time this way of booking has been used. It’s been done by every promotion.

You need a big match for an anniversary show. You do it here. You give the fans a taste of what these two can do and get them hooked.

You’re complaining about the way this is booked, but still gonna watch and enjoy the match. But I’m sure you’d find something to complain about. :skip:
Actually I did complain about Britt/Mercedes the build could've been better:yeshrug:

So there’s no other match they could’ve put on there to sell the anniversary

None

Ok fine it going to be a classic these two can’t have a bad match :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
People are making points they feel are valid about something that is subjective. There is no objective truth here.

It's true that Ospreay and Ricochet have a history from Japan and that they've been making comments towards one another online for years.

If that's not "your thing" that's fine... it doesn't need to cater to anyone because Tony Khan often times caters to himself and maybe a few people who are into everything that he's into.

The problem is when people either ignore those facts or they try to turn it into a business discussion.... who really cares what Khan does with his money?

Do you? Does @Pull Up the Roots care how much TK is spending on talent? Lol

Also, for the longest time, AEW wasn't booking big matches on TV and I do think that hurt the shows. So maybe booking matches like this on free TV again is Tony's way of trying to make the shows feel more special.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Actually I did complain about Britt/Mercedes the build could've been better:yeshrug:

None

that build got fukked up because of Britt's suspension too

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

None

Acceptance :wow: . Despite my absence last Sunday, peace will be upon em. Always smile in the midst of confusion.