Ricochet calls out the bytchy Marks of the IWC

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Mu fukkas have internet and can complain about wrestling on message boards; writing paragraphs of shyt that takes 5 minutes, but can’t type in “ricochet will Ospreay” on Google and get results in less than 30 seconds. :mjlol:

This ain’t the 90s where you had to wait weeks to get a “best of” tape that explains things for ya.

an inherent tenant of writing is to tell the story you want to tell with the necessary information provided. You do not necessitate someone to go and do outside research to be able to understand a story you are telling to cover for your own refusal to do the groundwork.

Khan is writing this show. The show is not organically booking itself because wrestlers go to a GM backstage of their own volition and grab matches. The show is predetermined. If there's gaps in the narrative, that's the fault of the person telling the story, not the viewer of the story.

You don't go to a movie and have them go 'oh, you didn't do your googles on why the protagonist has a long-standing issue with the villain? boooo'. You can have situations where those who know get extra out of it. But you have to do the basic foundational work, or you are doing a bad job as a writer.

That's the problem. Khan is doing a bad job of telling the story he's attempting to tell, and is trying to shortcut it using past history that had nothing to do with him or his company. It's bad writing. Period. My old editor woulda laughed that bullshyt clean up out of her office.

Sure. It's his right to do it that way. More power to him.
But then you have to accept the reality that he is literally not looking to grow the company. Because this is not how you create growth and a new fanbase. This is how you freeze out new viewers who feel like they aren't part of the 'club', and end up with only your hyperfixated cult following and nothing else. This is how you book yourself into being a niche.

his money to do with as he wants :hubie:
but from a technical storytelling perspective, this is Freshman Creative Writing class tier mistakes.

I'm not saying he can't do it. But I can say with 1000% certainty that it's the wrong way to tell a story. Because while not some sensation of the literary world, I have had writing published multiple times, and this shyt right here wouldn't have made it past a first drafting phase without getting so marked up in red the manuscript would be able to claim Piru.

:yeshrug:
sub-two minutes for this though so at least I didn't use the full 5

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
At least Monk & Cattle will try to have a proper conversation :manny:

That other sensitive hoe would just pop off than plead cop than sneak diss:unimpressed:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
an inherent tenant of writing is to tell the story you want to tell with the necessary information provided. You do not necessitate someone to go and do outside research to be able to understand a story you are telling to cover for your own refusal to do the groundwork.

Khan is writing this show. The show is not organically booking itself because wrestlers go to a GM backstage of their own volition and grab matches. The show is predetermined. If there's gaps in the narrative, that's the fault of the person telling the story, not the viewer of the story.

You don't go to a movie and have them go 'oh, you didn't do your googles on why the protagonist has a long-standing issue with the villain? boooo'. You can have situations where those who know get extra out of it. But you have to do the basic foundational work, or you are doing a bad job as a writer.

That's the problem. Khan is doing a bad job of telling the story he's attempting to tell, and is trying to shortcut it using past history that had nothing to do with him or his company. It's bad writing. Period. My old editor woulda laughed that bullshyt clean up out of her office.

Sure. It's his right to do it that way. More power to him.
But then you have to accept the reality that he is literally not looking to grow the company. Because this is not how you create growth and a new fanbase. This is how you freeze out new viewers who feel like they aren't part of the 'club', and end up with only your hyperfixated cult following and nothing else. This is how you book yourself into being a niche.

his money to do with as he wants :hubie:
but from a technical storytelling perspective, this is Freshman Creative Writing class tier mistakes.

I'm not saying he can't do it. But I can say with 1000% certainty that it's the wrong way to tell a story. Because while not some sensation of the literary world, I have had writing published multiple times, and this shyt right here wouldn't have made it past a first drafting phase without getting so marked up in red the manuscript would be able to claim Piru.

:yeshrug:
sub-two minutes for this though so at least I didn't use the full 5
Take my minutes post literally, brehs. Did you factor in WPM? Not everyone types the same. :troll:

Still, for as long as you took time to write that, it’s still much less time to type out “ricochet will Ospreay” in Google. That’s the whole point of my post. :francis:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I don't get why they don't just go to reddit's AEW page or something where its nothing but AEW fans and criticism is banned if it bothers them so much :yeshrug:
You guys are broken records. You watch the same product for 5 years, you should already know how things go. The fact you guys stay bytching and watching, but somehow stay “blind” to how the company operates is :gucci:

That’s all we’re saying.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Its like this. Funny I'm binging Good Times with the Joey and wife (since I actually have to tend to a family and heaven's forbid I actually can use The Coli with portable devices :dead: ), but each season went from a wholesome family in the hood, to JJ's wacky life and times in the hood. So many questions like why James left his fukking family to go to a job instead of taking his entire family with him, why JJ making big bucks with AD agencies but still in the projects, and WHY FLORIDA LEFT THE FAMILY FOR ARIZONA TO BE WITH ANOTHER MAN, AND COME BACK TO BE A fukkING BUS DRIVER :why: !?!

And it dawned on me. Its all cover ups to disguise the behind the scenes fukkery with James and Estelle not going for the shucking and jiving shyt.

Tony books like a sitcom writer with a crew of egotistical fukk heads that drain him for the almighty dollar. At the end of the day, you just gotta excuse the lack of rhyme and reason and embrace the train wreck.

Rico/WIll could be a legit match, just like season 4 and 5 made no goddamn sense but it still had a charm :ehh:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Still, for as long as you took time to write that, it’s still much less time to type out “ricochet o hey Ospreay” in Google. That’s the whole point of my post. :francis:
I understood the point of your post.
I guess you missed mine: expecting your audience to 'do their own research' instead of using your TV time to educate them is not just bad storytelling, it's lazy as fukk.
so Juelzing to defend something that is within their power to fix but they choose not to so they can squeeze another pointless Jericho segment onto a show less and less people watch each week is just excusing bad - correctible - behavior.

What if Dr. Doom showed up in Marvel and they just acted like he'd always been there, never explained a thing, and just had everyone start squabbling with him on some 'this is for all the marbles' time? It'd be called isolating to people who aren't comic fans.

Same energy.

He either wants to grow, so he needs to do the work... or he doesn't. Khan just needs to be honest about which it is. He's riding the fence right now tryna have boffum.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Just as I expected.... :lolbron:

This is why the same posters are challenged in these threads because they didn't attempt to make valid points, they attempted to troll :mjgrin:

Now they're mad for getting called on the attempts.... funny

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They can't handle it & that's pathetic. I shyt on the WWE all the time in weekly threads. People just ignore it :manny:

I'm shytting on TK's booking for the millionth time in @Jmare007 's fukkery thread right now. :mjgrin:

What's pathetic is being caught in an attempted troll and having no way out of it and then copping pleas after :dead:

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
I'm shytting on TK's booking for the millionth time in @Jmare007 's fukkery thread right now. :mjgrin:

What's pathetic is being caught in an attempted troll and having no way out of it and then copping pleas after :dead:
Not sure why you continue to follow me around TSC. I made a comment and you got your feelings hurt. Hit dogs holler:manny:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It's true that Ospreay and Ricochet have a history from Japan and that they've been making comments towards one another online for years.

If that's not "your thing" that's fine... it doesn't need to cater to anyone because Tony Khan often times caters to himself and maybe a few people who are into everything that he's into.

The problem is when people either ignore those facts or they try to turn it into a business discussion.... who really cares what Khan does with his money?

Do you? Does @Pull Up the Roots care how much TK is spending on talent? Lol

Also, for the longest time, AEW wasn't booking big matches on TV and I do think that hurt the shows. So maybe booking matches like this on free TV again is Tony's way of trying to make the shows feel more special.
I don't have a thing. I'm just making a passing observation. I like Ricochet, and when I feel, will watch and see what he does. I personally don't need anything more than that. Other folks have different standards or wants when it comes to this and that's valid too.

I don't care how much he spends on talent. I want every worker to get what they feel they're worth.