Rick Ross chased outta detroit Update: Ross gives his side of the story, Trick Trick responds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
It's Friday night man, you nikkaz need to find something better to do with your time. I don't agree with your post, not when the persona is part of the music. I could respect Marlon Brando playin' the Godfather even though he wasn't a street cat. I couldn't respect Terrance Howard playin' Malcolm X because he obviously isn't a pro-black cat, it seems weird. I can't respect Elizabeth Taylor playin' Cleopatra, I can't respect Rex Harrison playing King Mongkut in the movie King of Siam, etc, in general I can't respect people who don't bring authenticity to what they portray, their very essence discredits the role they are trying to play. If Ross had came out and said he was a CO and he was just trying to feed his family and he's just an entertainer he don't want no problems, nobody would really be saying sh*t, but he is big boss Ross 100% of the time, he is his character, nikka probably really believes he knows Norieaga :dead: Actors step out of character when the film is over, Ross doesn't. Have you ever heard Marlon Brando claim he is part of the Cosa Nostra? You ever heard Robert Deniro say he was part of the Chicago Outfit that ran Vegas? What do you think Malcolm X would do if he was alive and a Terrence Howard type cat played him in a movie, you think he wouldn't have been pissed? Be real breh, stop coppin' pleas, stop bein' a f*ck nikka advocate, Ross is a studio gangsta, that sh*t has been frowned on since the 80s, you tryin' to flip it, my guess is you one of them new era skinny jean wearing it's okay to come home early type cats :scusthov:.
so basically you pick and choose what rapper or actor gets a pass for being fake

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ross has the most unintentional funny interviews i've ever seen though, ill give him that :banderas:

like all decent comedians and entertainers....he practices those things and gets his phrases together. sometimes he makes it up on the spot....but he practices in the mirror a lot because he be having the perfectly over-top expressions and tones.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
let me start off by saying im a fan of HIP HOP, #### where your from. My Baby Daddy is one of the dudes in the BOOBIE BOYS who is currently serving 30yrs in federal prison. My child will be 40yrs old before she can really be able to see her father other than visiting him at a penitentiary.

As for Rick Ross, being real with no sugar coats. he was never a BOOBIE BOY like he claimed to be. He was never a DOPE BOY. He was always a ni##a in the hood we knew. Boobie who is Kenneth Williams who Ross mentions on songs and the documentary MIAYO was never down with Ross like that. All of the ni##as that was truly down with the Boobie BOYS are currently incarcerated. Rick Ross went to Miami Carol City High School with some of the dudes a$sociated with the Boobie BOYS but was never a member or a worker. when Boobie went to Prison B4 getting a life sentence in the feds saw Ross at South Florida Receptional Center where Ross was a correctional officer. boobie remembered Ross from the hood and thought it was a way to be locked in while prison for beneficial ways.

Ross I love your music but truth be told was raised by two school teachers and was never in the streets. I told chris larceny director and producer off the film when they asked me to be a part of the film that I couldn’t participate in nothing but the truth.

Life is funny bcuz when I was in college at FAMU and I saw Ross I tried to holla at him on this same #### but he wasn’t seeing me his ego was to big. maybe now he’s having a real reality check. your fans would respect you more if you just tell the truth. you don’t have to be a k!ller and a drug dealer to understand the streets or feel the pain of people from the streets. right now to is day im a college criminal justice graduate and I can’t get a job dealing with government due to my baby daddys involvement in the dope game

MsLMPAO305

My music touches on his lifestyle. Boobie helped a lot of people in the hood and inspired a lot of positive things. The downside to it was that he was accused of over 100 homicides and for running a multi-million dollar drug enterprise,” explained Ross. “The stuff I talk about is real. The dope is real. The gun talk is official. Look up Kenneth ‘Boobie’ Williams. Look where he’s from. That’s not nothing to be proud of. I wish that on no man. But just to let you know, that’s what I witnessed. It’s a reality.”

Them ni##as were doing their thing. I was just watching. I was a fan of the game. I sat on the porch and watched the Cadillacs go by,” said Ross. “The ni##a I talk about on my record is Kenneth ‘Boobie’ Williams.

Dude a rapper, he did some rapper ####, so I ain’t mad.

E-4 looks at it all a little differently. “It’s all entertainment,” he says. “I am just glad to see someone from where I used to be reach stardom. I wish Rick Ross all my blessings. I send him all my shout outs.” Rappers have to know where to draw the line between reality and entertainment though. Chico explains why.
Aka fukk this nikka, he ignored me when I was on my groupie shyt. :sadbron:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I'll give credit to Cube for bein on his pro black shyt. But let's keep it a 100, Cube highly benefitted from the "gangster persona" even tho he never was one. Ross was associated with a lot of street nikkaz, that doesn't make Ross any more "realer"

The bottom line is that many rappers lie, fake and embellish their lifestyle. But for some reason Ross gets the most heat

maybe because he was with them boys?

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
No doubt, Camron was king of embellishment, but there's a fine line. I never seen Cube claim Crip off wax, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, matter of fact, I never remember him claiming Crip on wax either for that matter. When the Clipse rapped about Peewee Kirkland, he was IN THE VIDEO. You just don't go about talking about notorious cats with no approval, that's not ok in the streets, I don't know when it became ok on wax. Jay Z really knew Calvin Klein, 50 knew Haitian Jack, Pac knew DJ Quik, etc etc. When you CLAIM A REAL LIFE NOTORIOUS CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION, that's when the problems start. Ross claimed Boobie Boys, when the Boobie Boys was like :wtb: :wtf: 50 rolled with the bloods that's why he shouted them out in his song. I don't know where you guys are from, but I can't imagine sh*t being any different in the West Coast breh, I don't think you could roll around the Bay talkin' how you down with E-40 and don't know him, and B-Legit see you and nothin' happenin'. You can't false flag, that's a much more serious offense than embellishment, because people DIE for that sh*t, that's in ANY street culture in ANY ethnic group breh.
Yep, when they had Boobie Gibson in their video, I knew they were certified in MIA.

:heh:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Breh @blackzeus shut this thread down. Dipset fukked wit the realist nikka living, Pee Wee "Hitman" Herman

pee-wee-herman_jpg-3050.jpg

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I'll give credit to Cube for bein on his pro black shyt. But let's keep it a 100, Cube highly benefitted from the "gangster persona" even tho he never was one. Ross was associated with a lot of street nikkaz, that doesn't make Ross any more "realer"

The bottom line is that many rappers lie, fake and embellish their lifestyle. But for some reason Ross gets the most heat

He get's the most because he does the most fukk shyt...

Dre/Cube were basically playing stereotypes...Ross' situation is literally live action CB4, where this nikka re-names himself after a street figure, jacks his persona and story so that people will actually check for his music only to have to deal with the consequences when the real "gusto" gets out of prison and doesn't approve.

Then in his quest for validation he "starts" a beef with 50 because he looked at him wrong, or whatever he said happened...remember, he takes credit for kicking that whole thing off, and 50 goes in on his street cred, he has to tap dance around his lies, and deal with all kind of disrespectful shyt with no retaliation to my knowledge from someone who actually grew up in the lifestyle he raps about...

THEN he starts name dropping real gangstas that he's not associated with...and remember, this presentation of how real of a street guy he is is what made him successful. Not saying the music wasn't there but just like "Albert" from CB4 nobody was checking for him when he was on stage doing "the bag heads".

Hoover himself is offended and doesn't want to be associated with the content/context of the song and the GD's feel like if he's gonna be perpetuating their negative image, he should be able to break some bread, do some charity work with them ect...and he responds by cutting WWF promos.

:snoop:

All of this shyt was avoidable, and could have been done with him making the same music he makes now, but here we are....if you're asking why he catches more shyt for his pump faking than the average rapper it's because he puts more effort into it than they do...

Now i'm with the jokes all day on the board, but as a person, when his car got shot up/at I was genuinely concerned for the guy but I was also well aware of how things got to that point...

Last edited:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
so basically you pick and choose what rapper or actor gets a pass for being fake

:mindblown: Why the back and forth, you from the West Coast and you don't see false flaggin' as a major issue? I already told you Ice Cube was on some pro black sh*t and STILL didn't get a hood pass, he got his azz beat by some Crip who wanted to see what he was about. If Ice Cube who was really from the hood, and his relatives are certified bangers on both side, still got tested, then why is a guy who was claiming to be part of a $100M drug cartel, who was raised by school teachers, went to college, and then got a job as a CO should be treated any different?

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
I'm simply here to laugh at a kingpin drug lord chased out of a city by a mixtape rapper goon. I'm also enjoying people chasing their tails running around in circles like they are on Ross' pr team trying to paint a positive spin on it
this
:aicmon: It was like Friday at midnight, I was already buzzed. PeeWee Kirkland, you ad hominem azz muthaf*cka :pacspit:
you were buzzed:mjlol:
:sas1:so when you said hoover crips originate from Chicago you were buzzed when you made that up too right?:sas2: #liar

Status
Not open for further replies.