Rick Ross chased outta detroit Update: Ross gives his side of the story, Trick Trick responds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Lmfao at the lions and jungle bit....then he shouting out the wings

#Bigtittybawsestatus

b@squ1@t

I AM THE GOLDEN GOD
Daps
what would yall do without me to spice up this played out thread..:youngsabo:
15484347-puppeteer.jpg

feels good bein the most hated in a forum full of haters:youngsabo:

that avi switch got yall feelin some type of way dont it:youngsabo:

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
Hoover crip has absolutely nothing to do with Larry Hoover, and Larry Hoover was not the only founder of the GDs now known as the "Gangster Disciples"...
:mjlol: its complete exposures like this that let you know the level of some of these nikkas on these threads for real....how can you take somebody seriously that really up until you just told him ...he thought that shyt was true:bryan:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea I never understood that argument.
Music has always been about personal expression...only recently in rap music has the "its only music" excuse been made.
Music is about the person making it...its supposed to be about them expressing themselves.
People like Ross because its fun to be in your car, or in the club and pretending (just like he is) that "these nikkas wont hold me back"...or that your a big king pen. People like pretend life. Thats all Ross represents. He represents a fantasy world that people like to live vicariously through.
You are contradicting yourself...

(1) Self-expression is self-expression regardless of whether it is based on facts VS fiction...For example, a person can enjoy a movie like Star Wars and also enjoy The Pursuit Of Happiness...The main things that matter to people are the delivery and presentation...

(2) Imagination and fantasy have always been a part of music...It is ONLY in hip hop were the black audience tries to LIMIT the artists' range of self-expression...Madonna has done pop, rnb, rock, edm, and everything in between, and she has been successful, because the white audience is not as limiting...White fans allow artists more freedom of expression than black fans do...Relatively speaking...

Listen to all the different genres rhythms and lyrics bands like U2, Metallica, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Mylie Cyrus, Katie Perry, Sting and many more have experimented with...

Why are white artists allowed to go from A to Z of self-expression and still be successful, but the hip hop audience wants to limit an artist just because he once had a 9 to 5...?

(3) I am a peaceful law abiding citizen, but I sometimes imagine myself breaking bad and destroying the entire planet, if I was a rapper and wanted to express these madman fantasies why should that be viewed as less "authentic"...?

Let us look at the other side of the coin, if a CERTIFIED gangster started rapping about denouncing gang violence and promoting education in the black communities, should dismiss that form of expression as "fake" because "he was a gangster, and now he is talking all this peaceful stuff, he is fake"....

Hip Hop needs to stop limiting itself...There is an infinite universe of things to rap about....With a good delivery and presentation, a good artist will always find an audience...Sometimes it takes death for art to be appreciated...

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet

(1) Self-expression is self-expression regardless of whether it is based on facts VS fiction...For example, a person can enjoy a movie like Star Wars and also enjoy The Pursuit Of Happiness...The main things that matter to people are the delivery and presentation...

(2) Imagination and fantasy have always been a part of music...It is ONLY in hip hop were the black audience tries to LIMIT the artists' range of self-expression...Madonna has done pop, rnb, rock, edm, and everything in between, and she has been successful, because the white audience is not as limiting...White fans allow artists more freedom of expression than black fans do...Relatively speaking...

Listen to all the different genres rhythms and lyrics bands like U2, Metallica, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Mylie Cyrus, Katie Perry, Sting and many more have experimented with...

Why are white artists allowed to go from A to Z of self-expression and still be successful, but the hip hop audience wants to limit an artist just because he once had a 9 to 5...?

(3) I am a peaceful law abiding citizen, but I sometimes imagine myself breaking bad and destroying the entire planet, if I was a rapper and wanted to express these madman fantasies why should that be viewed as less "authentic"...?

Let us look at the other side of the coin, if a CERTIFIED gangster started rapping about denouncing gang violence and promoting education in the black communities, should dismiss that form of expression as "fake" because "he was a gangster, and now he is talking all this peaceful stuff, he is fake"....

Hip Hop needs to stop limiting itself...There is an infinite universe of things to rap about....With a good delivery and presentation, a good artist will always find an audience...Sometimes it takes death for art to be appreciated...
fam were talking about people like Rick Ross...this has nothing to do w/ black people limiting hip hops range. its the same drug, bang bang rap.
What progression has Rick Ross shown? he's made the same album over and over, just changing the beats to fit what the hot sound is at the moment.

I could see if we were talking about Kanye...he actually does change his sound up, and does new things..Ross does not.

Where is the imagination? What exactly are you talking about when defending someone like Ross?
He is not expressing anything...its a character just like in CB4...except its only promoting violence and drugs...thats just a cash out...a sellout move.
And no, that wouldnt be tolerated by any real fans regardless of genre.

LandryFieldsDad

All Star
Daps

Yeah but the thing is. Ross can do whatever he wants. The fact that he chose to hide that aspect of his life and lie when confronted about it..

Makes me laugh extra hard whenever he takes an L.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
You act like we talkin' about Pavarotti. If you found out Zach de La Rocha was a major shareholder in Foxconn, would you really listen to Rage Against the Machine? If you found out Todd Anthony Shaw was a known trick on MacArthur Blvd, would you still listen to Too Short? It's more than just music, ESPECIALLY when it comes to hiphop.
Yes to everything you said. I don't judge anybody, especially men. Enjoyable music touches your soul. I don't give a fukk who made the music. Can you see music? Do you watch movies and say "that nikka ain't real, he just making shyt up?". Rappers are nothing but actors. Entertainers. What don't you understand?

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
But at least with a rapper like Camron for example he was really living the outlandish sh*t he was rappin' about. That's why the NWA movement, the Wu Tang movement, the Death Row movement, Dipset movement, G-Unit movement, Ruff Ryder movement, Rocafella movement, etc was so strong in their respective heydays, because the STREETS rocked with it, the streets related with it. Rick Ross is some Alice in Wonderland rabbit hole sh*t, a fantasy within a fantasy, on par with that DiCaprio movie :heh: I can't speak for most people in general, but most street nikkaz/gangsters can't relate to most rappers, because they're either super ignorant/gutter like a Boosie or super retarded like Game putting mud on his face in the video and sh*t tryin' too hard :heh: Ross seemed so authentic, you need both brains and brawns to survive in the streets, and he talked and walked like it, so of course street nikkaz was like :banderas:, one of us finally got on, only to be let down :snoop:.

What's your opinion of ice cube and dr. Dre faking their gangster image all these years :patrice:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
What's your opinion of ice cube and dr. Dre faking their gangster image all these years :patrice:

I never thought the streets looked at Dre as a gangsta rapper, more of a dope producer, he been gettin' his card pulled since the 80s. Maybe suburban America, but that's another story. Ice Cube was on some black empowerment/CAC exposure sh*t in his prime, and even with all that brothers in LA STILL pulled his card for not puttin' in work, you gotta remember the body count was CRAZY in Cube's era and area, nikkaz was dyin' left and right over bandana colors, if you rockin' the sh*t you bound to get tested sooner or later. At least however Ice Cube was associated with REAL crips, ese's, etc. Ross just rhymin' out his azz with people who don't even know him. :smh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.