Rick Ross - Black Dollar (Mixtape)

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Yeah, Hood Billionaire has some jams. Mastermind is where Ross lost me.

Every Ross record has heat. Some just have more throwaways than others. I think God Forgives has more throwaways than Mastermind. Actually looking at the tracklist now, only songs I don't fukk with are:

In Vein
Supreme

Mastermind is pretty damn thorough.

GFID has alot of tracks I don't like at all anymore.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Every Ross record has heat. Some just have more throwaways than others. I think God Forgives has more throwaways than Mastermind. Actually looking at the tracklist now, only songs I don't fukk with are:

In Vein
Supreme

Mastermind is pretty damn thorough.

GFID has alot of tracks I don't like at all anymore.

I gotta disagree. GFID has some of the best shyt Ross has ever done. Mastermind is Rozay on autopilot. He was headed in the right direction, but didn't deliver imo. Lyrically he wasn't even trying on Mastermind, but GFID is his most ambitious album even though everything doesn't work. "Sixteen," "Maybach Music IV," "Amsterdam," "Presidential, "Ice Cold," etc. GFID has JOINTS, but coming out the same time as Life Is Good and the same year as Rich Forever tainted people's opinions on it. I'm gonna revisit Mastetmind again though to make sure I ain't tripping :myman:

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
I gotta disagree. GFID has some of the best shyt Ross has ever done. Mastermind is Rozay on autopilot. He was headed in the right direction, but didn't deliver imo. Lyrically he wasn't even trying on Mastermind, but GFID is his most ambitious album even though everything doesn't work. "Sixteen," "Maybach Music IV," "Amsterdam," "Presidential, "Ice Cold," etc. GFID has JOINTS, but coming out the same time as Life Is Good and the same year as Rich Forever tainted people's opinions on it. I'm gonna revisit Mastetmind again though to make sure I ain't tripping :myman:

Amsterdam might be a Top 10 Ross cut

"I gotta get away....get away from here" :wow:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
He wrote so much on it and has been doing so ever since he got on MMG. These ppl don't listen to music though..no point in wasting energy debating. I listen to Wale thoroughly, I know the way he writes/raps/says things, flow..inside and out.

Soooooo many Ross verses I can just close my eyes and picture Wale rapping, lyrics, things he would say etc..some of them he obviously puts himself in Ross's shoes to write though, but with Wale's flow/wordplay, even the way he enunciates/ends bars.
I don't listen to Wale like that. This is interesting. Even I hear it in Foreclosures.

Who wrote Deeper Than Rap though? Ross was going off on that joint.

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm kinda upset that I just listened to it because it's surprisingly dope. I really like the theme of it. Are all his albums like this?