Rick Ross - Black Dollar (Mixtape)

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
I'm kinda upset that I just listened to it because it's surprisingly dope. I really like the theme of it. Are all his albums like this?

As far as a theme, Mastermind is probably closest to Black Dollar. But all his albums have a similar mix of songs as far as trap, ladies cuts, meaningful joints, and the heavy orchestra joints. You pretty much are going to get that same formula every time but it works. If you haven't listened to any of his albums, I'd rank them in this order

Deeper Than Rap
Mastermind
Rich Forever
Black Dollar
Teflon Don
Albert Anastasia EP
Ashes to Ashes
Trilla

Port of Miami was his first album and was on a completely different flow than was he's done since. Hood Billionaire was just trash and I don't even count that in his catalog.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
As far as a theme, Mastermind is probably closest to Black Dollar. But all his albums have a similar mix of songs as far as trap, ladies cuts, meaningful joints, and the heavy orchestra joints. You pretty much are going to get that same formula every time but it works. If you haven't listened to any of his albums, I'd rank them in this order

Deeper Than Rap
Mastermind
Rich Forever
Black Dollar
Teflon Don
Albert Anastasia EP
Ashes to Ashes
Trilla

Port of Miami was his first album and was on a completely different flow than was he's done since. Hood Billionaire was just trash and I don't even count that in his catalog.
God Forgives I Don't?

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Deeper Than Rap
Mastermind
Rich Forever
Black Dollar
Teflon Don
Albert Anastasia EP
Ashes to Ashes
Trilla

Hood Billionaire was not trash. And it has some really great songs. It's better than POM & Trilla by far.

BO BARON

IT AIN'T $HIT!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Jackson, MS
I think dude's point is that an artist like Nas is in that 1%. Ross has no less range than Redman or Eminem or Kool G Rap or Bun B, etc.

The only reason ross gets called 1 dimensional or repetitive is because he has basically been a top 10 rapper since he entered the game.

Most of them emcees you mentioned had 3 to 5 yrs of relevance & then took hiatus's & then came back.

Every rozay album mixtape group album & feature has been analyzed critiqued & discussed on major musical media forum's & this is like 10 year's worth of music.

The only rappers that has ever really stepped out there comfort zones & stayed relevant the whole time is nas & kanye.

nikkas be claiming ross has basically made the same album for almost 10 years which is bullshyt. But for a rapper even singer to stay in his comfort zone or so called put out the same album & be considered a top 10 to 5 to number 1 hottest rapper for 10 yrs. That has to be 1 hellava comfort zone or dimension i'm just saying :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Why won't he release this on iTunes? I need We Gone Make it in CDQ :mjcry: some of the tracks on here are in CDQ like Foreclosures and Beautiful Lie while a few ain't