Rick Ross - Black Dollar (Mixtape)

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
You don't have to have crazy range to include those 3 elements with Ross' image.

The majority of his music revolves around the street kingpin, boss persona.

It's no knock on him tho, the music's still hot.

By your own logic 99% of rappers are one trick ponies because they all have a general theme to their raps

Nice logic breh

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
By your own logic 99% of rappers are one trick ponies because they all have a general theme to their raps

Nice logic breh
Let me rephrase it like this then... throughout his career Ross has stuck to the formula that works for him. He's never switched up or did any crazy outside of the box stuff.

I'll use Nas as an example since it's the gawd's bday

He went from street poet, to mafioso cinematic rap (kinda like Ross' lane), back to street poet, and political black revolutionary for entire albums. Plus has conceptual records unique to any emcee on the planet. Also has a couple club bangers under his belt to boot :manny:

He gets criticized for his production, but Nas is a much more versatile artist than he's given credit for, and has pushed the envelope in various ways. And I didn't have to use a legend like Nas, I coulda used a similar argument for someone newer like Kendrick...

With Ross, I know what to expect. It's still great music tho :yeshrug:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Let me rephrase it like this then... throughout his career Ross has stuck to the formula that works for him. He's never switched up or did any crazy outside of the box stuff.

I'll use Nas as an example since it's the gawd's bday

He went from street poet, to mafioso cinematic rap (kinda like Ross' lane), back to street poet, and political black revolutionary for entire albums. Plus has conceptual records unique to any emcee on the planet. Also has a couple club bangers under his belt to boot :manny:

I think dude's point is that an artist like Nas is in that 1%. Ross has no less range than Redman or Eminem or Kool G Rap or Bun B, etc.

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
Just got done listening :banderas:

Teflon Don was the last Ross album I bought. What other Ross projects should I be up on :whoo:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I'm not hating, it's obvious..ppl use ghostwriters and ghostflows..is Wale writing for Ross far-fetched? The most blatant example from a pure rap perspective is on Wale's Folarin mixtape. When Ross's verse comes on, it's basically like the second verse of the song, flow and all. Just how Pun used to write for Fat Joe.

Wale is just rubbing it in on this tape..the Jake the Snake reference is his way of making it clearer for those that don't pay attention.
You in wale thread with one comment try to spread this nonsense we call that haters:umad:

Go listen to that garbage fif shyt yall call music

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
This a dope ass project. I just skip tracks 12, 13, & 14. Them songs for the hoes I guess, but everything else is fire. Project is actually still growing on me.

Ross is just a dope ass emcee to me now. As a rapper, don't really know how dudes can hate on him.

• Dap
Reactions: B86