Rich kids run basketball now

mag357

Superstar
Daps
shyt is fukked up too because part of the allure of the NBA are the players who came up rough, but made it. The struggle was worse then, but it still is a struggle today

Now it really is about resources and who you know.

Especially as hip hop culture and the NBA started to intertwine.

It was the allure of seeing the hood success stories and the feeling like the NBA was made up of guys that we could relate to

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I could be wrong but I dont feel like pros and former pros were pushing their kids like that in the past. People with connects and money will always have an edge.

Before the 90s being a pro basketball player didn't come with millions and millions of dollars either

NAH ITS WEIRD BECAUSE
ITS THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE
ALREADY MADE HUNDREDS
OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS PUSHING
THEIR KIDS INTO THIS.

IT WAS USUALLY THE LOWER PAID
PLAYERS PUSHING THEIR KIDS
INTO THEIR SPORT.

THESE KIDS ARE ALREADY RICH AS fukk.
:devil:
:evil:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I could be wrong but I dont feel like pros and former pros were pushing their kids like that in the past. People with connects and money will always have an edge.
They were. Lot of the pros had kids who played college sports. D1 was just filled with better talent at the time, so they didn't get drafted.

In the modern era, the exceptional athletes from hood areas are getting derailed along the way more than before. So the sons of pros have a better shot at making the league and staying than before.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Especially as hip hop culture and the NBA started to intertwine.

It was the allure of seeing the hood success stories and the feeling like the NBA was made up of guys that we could relate to
Damn, now a bunch of shyt is running through my mind, like I can't remember the last time I seen a video of somebody hooping on an outdoor court in the park. It is usually some state of the art gym nowadays

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
THis is lowkey cap and dont let cacs run with this narrative either. BY and large most American NBA nikkas are middle class at best. Zion, Ja, Bane, Josh Hart, Randle, Fox, Tatum, Brown, Booker, Adebayo, KAT, Edwards...the list goes on. What we are seeing more is NBA players whose parents were professional athletes but not NBA caliber.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby

NAH ITS WEIRD BECAUSE
ITS THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE
ALREADY MADE HUNDREDS
OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS PUSHING
THEIR KIDS INTO THIS.

IT WAS USUALLY THE LOWER PAID
PLAYERS PUSHING THEIR KIDS
INTO THEIR SPORT.

THESE KIDS ARE ALREADY RICH AS fukk.
:devil:
:evil:

But I think that's why, financially you might as well give it a go and try to become pro since you have all the resources. If it doesn't work out you still rich, but if it does you might be able to make 3/4 times the amount your Pops did.

It's become the family business at this point. Just like Doctor's kids becoming Doctor's, same with lawyers and crehs on Wall Street

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The streets chew up and swallow the kids from the traditional hoop cities. They used to get passes because people saw that they had a chance, but those days are over.
I mean, kinda

Nowadays even if you are kinda nice off natural talent, by the time your 14/15 you have been completely outclassed by these AAU circuit kids already because they've been training and practicing around the clock so you aren't even good enough to look like you have a chance

The best shot you got if you haven't been in the circuit is if you hit a crazy growth spurt and end up 6'4" and up by the time you 15

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But I think that's why, financially you might as well give it a go and try to become pro since you have all the resources. If it doesn't work out you still rich, but if it does you might be able to make 3/4 times the amount your Pops did.

It's become the family business at this point. Just like Doctor's kids becoming Doctor's, same with lawyers and crehs on Wall Street

Yep, a legacy sport

I think it may have been last year or the year before where the majority of the first round picks had a parent or older sibling that either played pro or D1