Rich kids run basketball now

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I still have hope for the ones in tough circumstances.

There is some kid with only a pair of soft ass Reebok classics that smell like parmesan cheese on the inside, who can only afford a haircut every 2 months, that is going to be able to bring generational wealth to his family through basketball

mag357

Superstar
Daps
I still have hope for the ones in tough circumstances.

There is some kid with only a pair of soft ass Reebok classics that smell like parmesan cheese on the inside, who can only afford a haircut every 2 months, that is going to be able to bring generational wealth to his family through basketball

Combat sports bout to take over cause they gonna be the only place young folks can really get it out the mud :wow:

I quoted these together because they are tied together.

Team sports is really overrated for the reasons we're talking about.
Someone is gonna get favored because of who their father is, connections or who has Money.
Not really how good you are or how hard you work.
Unless your an unbelievable talent.

Combat sports, where we beat each other's brains in, will be the only thing left for kids in the streets.
And we don't even have free or cheap programs in the centers anymore
Smh

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is ultimately bad for every sport where money and class is the predominant barrier of entry.

I'm not even sure where the middle class and poor can go to for another avenue toward athletic greatness.

Even E-Sports are dominated by groups of investors and people with lots of money. And lack of quality Internet and other equipment already limits the talent pool there.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I quoted these together because they are tied together.

Team sports is really overrated for the reasons we're talking about.
Someone is gonna get favored because of who their father is, connections or who has Money.
Not really how good you are or how hard you work.
Unless your an unbelievable talent.

Combat sports, where we beat each other's brains in, will be the only thing left for kids in the streets.
And we don't even have free or cheap programs in the centers anymore
Smh
shyt is fukked up too because part of the allure of the NBA are the players who came up rough, but made it. The struggle was worse then, but it still is a struggle today

Now it really is about resources and who you know.