RG3 and Sam Ponder have been fired by ESPN due to cost cutting measures.

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
nba-star-gasps-jesus-couldnt-924082174.jpg

Screen_Shot_2024_08_09_at_10.30.28_AM.png

ESPN had no choice :yeshrug:
That fade :scust:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
microsoft and their articles. while its an interesting theory but damn they trying to make it like espn hates all fsu.
trying to make it seem like RG3 and Ponder was fired because of fsu connections

Espn has reportedly fired analyst Robert Griffin III (RGIII) just days after he publicly defended the Seminoles, who faced criticism for expressing their feelings about being left out of the 2023 College Football Playoff.

While the report cites "financial reasons" for the layoff, the only two seemingly fired were Griffin and "NFL Countdown" host Sam Ponder as ESPN's fiscal year ends. Ponder is married to former Florida State quarterback Christian Ponder.

RGIII’s wife, Grete Griffin, ran track and field at Florida State and graduated from the university.

Last edited:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I wasn’t a fan of his commentary :manny:

I think he’s better as an analyst on a pre and post game show than calling games.

But the fact he got fired for cost cutting measures and still will get paid for the remainder of his contract doesn’t make any sense.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
microsoft and their articles. while its an interesting theory but damn they trying to make it like espn hates all fsu.
trying to make it seem like RG3 and Ponder was fired because of fsu connections

They do hate FSU.

These fukkers just did a coordinated attack to keep up out of the playoffs not even a year ago.

fukk Kirk Herbstreit, Joey Galloway, Reece Davis, Joe Tessitore, Greg McElroy, et al. All of them are pieces of shyt.

Free RGIII!

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
i dont think espn would break up Herb/Fowler on the call. so Fowler got a bit of untouchability on himself

i dont think espn would break up Herb/Fowler on the call. so Fowler got a bit of untouchability on himself
outside of the primetime games on Saturday night and the playoffs, he don't do shyt else except call the US Open. He's replaceable for sure