RG3 and Sam Ponder have been fired by ESPN due to cost cutting measures.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
With him being fired, I’d imagine that ESPN will try and fight it.

That’s why I’m wondering what he did that was deemed bad enough to get fired.
There are a lot of other costs associated with keeping him there, likely they’d just write it off. Office, transport, assistant, insurance, shyt for family, bonuses and other perks and also having a disgruntled employee might not be worth it

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
ESPN is blockbuster

They just don’t know how to adjust the right way to change and their programming across the board is terrible as fukk

College Football season is their best programming

They kind of abandoned baseball and hockey personalities.. their NBA countdown and nba daily crew is bad

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So basically cut a guy with personality for another guy that might have personality. Kelce might end up in the same situation in a couple years. We will see though. Ponder. I don’t know much about her but I’ve seen her a few times. Kelce won’t be able to down beers with his shirt off on tv that much so we will see Whzt he brings.. He got hired for that moment and for being Travis Kelce’s brother and Taylor Swift’s possible bro in law :russ:

Exactly,doing a podcast and being on national television are two different things. Probably shouldve went the Macafee route. As annoying as he is,he gets to bring his own energy to the show. Rather than having to try to fit in with the other commentators.

But really I see they are finally doing what i said they should. You see people like Romo getting paid 20 mil a year. When you could literally just pay a bunch of popular podcasters or athletes 18 mil total or less to announce ALL your games:mjlol:

Same thing about to happen with this sector. Ill just pay podcsters to make appearances rather than pay people 1 million year. Heres 5K to come debate on First Take for a week:sas1:

concise

Veteran
Daps
microsoft and their articles. while its an interesting theory but damn they trying to make it like espn hates all fsu.
trying to make it seem like RG3 and Ponder was fired because of fsu connections

I would not be surprised.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
microsoft and their articles. while its an interesting theory but damn they trying to make it like espn hates all fsu.
trying to make it seem like RG3 and Ponder was fired because of fsu connections

Trash ass school :yeshrug: if I was the network, I wouldn’t want my employees talking about FSPoo either…and I’m no hater, I’m just saying

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
ESPN eventually gonna be down to like 10 people doing all the shows. shyt that’s kind of what it feels like now. Lord if they put Greeny corny ass on there. He didn’t fit at all with the NBA coverage.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
ESPN eventually gonna be down to like 10 people doing all the shows. shyt that’s kind of what it feels like now. Lord if they put Greeny corny ass on there. He didn’t fit at all with the NBA coverage.

Dude is complete trash

It’s jets talk and then always “ I want to get so and so on here to talk about so and so”

Dude is useless

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
RG3 and Ponder both probably going to fox if I had to guess. RG3 gone do sports and Ponder might get into far right politics. She’s a big MAGA lady. Somehow her Twitter popped up on my for you page and it’s just sports and MAGA stuff all on her TL and I was like :dahell:

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL