Rewatching Troy....this dummy Paris burned his city to the ground over a girl he spent one week with

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah Achilles was toying with him the entire time. He wanted the “illusion” of an epic fight so that he could have his “Glory”

nah you can see halfway through when hector breaks his D that Achilles knows he’s in a real fight. And hector almost catches his leg at one point too but Achilles sweeped it with that Apollo creed smootheness.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I always thought that sh*t was weird. Growing up I thought people fought all day and night in wars but after reading books on ancient wars and other historical battles, motherfukkers would kill each other all day then be like alright today’s fighting is over. We off the clock now :mjlol: Same time tomorrow morning :mjlol:

Another thing...I finally get what critics mean when they be crying about accents being wrong. Menelaus’ character for some reason had an Irish accent and it took me out of the scene immediately. He supposed to be from Sparta.

Patroclus was not his brother...they were lovers.
Imagine if you took basically Bronze Age Rambo/Jason Bourne and killed his wife. It wasn't so much depression...the Greeks knew they had to go tell Achilles and the Trojans knew they had to prepare for a walking nuke to arrive at the gates the next day.

And yes Paris was a total bytch. Dude coulda dikked Helen down and called it a day, went back to Troy and had his pick of the litter. But nope, dude had to start Europe's first gang war over a mid ass Greek lady.

Goonba

Ay
Daps
Reppin
LA
My favorite scene is when Achilles corners Hector in the temple near the beginning of the movie. Hector tries to guilt trip Achilles and says something like, "You speak of war like it's some fairy tale, but what of the wives who are waiting for their dead husbands to come home" And Achilles was like "Well go get your brother to go and comfort them then. I hear he's good at fukking other dudes wives:ehh:" And Hector had the :francis:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine if you took basically Bronze Age Rambo/Jason Bourne and killed his wife. It wasn't so much depression...the Greeks knew they had to go tell Achilles and the Trojans knew they had to prepare for a walking nuke to arrive at the gates the next day.

And yes Paris was a total bytch. Dude coulda dikked Helen down and called it a day, went back to Troy and had his pick of the litter. But nope, dude had to start Europe's first gang war over a mid ass Greek lady.

Agreed on both points :manny: Hector and Priam probably shouldn't have let Paris go to Sparta begin with. They knew he was a p*ssy hound and that Helen was supposedly a bad bytch. That was a mistake. And after she got taken, Hector should have had his men tie up Paris and immediately turn that boat around to give Helen back to dude. Paris would've got over it :hubie:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah you can see halfway through when hector breaks his D that Achilles knows he’s in a real fight. And hector almost catches his leg at one point too but Achilles sweeped it with that Apollo creed smootheness.

It was definitely a real fight. Like you said Hector almost cut his leg off at point but, Achilles moved fast enough to avoid it. There was another part where Hector broke Achilles spear and swung his sword within an inch of Achilles throat. Had it been any other fighter they would've been missing a leg and a throat. Achilles was just better :hubie:but it was a real fight.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Agreed on both points :manny: Hector and Priam probably shouldn't have let Paris go to Sparta begin with. They knew he was a p*ssy hound and that Helen was supposedly a bad bytch. That was a mistake. And after she got taken, Hector should have had his men tie up Paris and immediately turn that boat around to give Helen back to dude. Paris would've got over it :hubie:

That's what I didn't understand. He wasn't a warrior, not first born so not the heir, they could've left his a$$ home to "maintain order over Troy." and it wouldn't have been deemed disrespectful.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That's what I didn't understand. He wasn't a warrior, not first born so not the heir, they could've left his a$$ home to "maintain order over Troy." and it wouldn't have been deemed disrespectful.

Thats why, even though I Love the movie, they didn’t take enough from the OG poem to make the story flow as it should have.

The ORIGINAL reason Paris came to Sparta was as “training” to become a true Prince of Troy. Paris, because of a prophecy, wasn’t raised alongside Hector in the royal court. He was raised as a shepherd (which is why when he proposes fleeing with Helen before the sack of Troy, he says “ I can hunt deer and rabbit. I can feed us.” Because thats actually how he grew up) so when he returned to the royal court to take his place as Prince he had no training. So his father sent him Sparta basically as an emissary.

Paris in Sparta was supposed to be an easy trip. Sparta had made peace with the Trojans. Paris was even going to be set up to marry Helen’s daughter, but the Goddess Aphrodite had already promised Paris the most beautiful woman in the world, and THAT was Helen. So God born fukkery ensues and Paris takes Helen.

The movie made Paris out to be a p*ssy whipped fool and a coward. When in the story, yes he’s STILL a p*ssy whipped fool but he’s not really a coward, and he was a fish out of water out if his element.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
My favorite scene is when Achilles corners Hector in the temple near the beginning of the movie. Hector tries to guilt trip Achilles and says something like, "You speak of war like it's some fairy tale, but what of the wives who are waiting for their dead husbands to come home" And Achilles was like "Well go get your brother to go and comfort them then. I hear he's good at fukking other dudes wives:ehh:" And Hector had the :francis:

I LOVE that scene.

Brad Pitt acted his ass off in this film man. Really all the acting was pretty good

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

In the OG Poem Achilles and Patrocles aren’t lovers. They are cousins. The :dame: parts were added later on when the Greeks, Spartans, and Romans became about that bussy life.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
worst part for me was everyone just leaving the battlefield after achilles brother got killed cause they too depressed to keep fighting :mjlol:

these mfs at war

Nah, they all stopped when they realized it was Achilles's cousin. :francis:

Everybody hit the :picard::hubie:

Already planning out Hector's funeral. :mjcry:
Helen's husband was the first member of GMB :wow:

Co-signed for Adam being the original GMB founder. Woman ran off listening to strange python and doomed the world. :wow:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the OG Poem Achilles and Patrocles aren’t lovers. They are cousins. The :dame: parts were added later on when the Greeks, Spartans, and Romans became about that bussy life.

I respect the OG obviously but I prefer the movie in that Hector wasn’t shook and was a worthy opponent of Achilles. It’s been YEARS but iirc in the poem hector was literally running around the walls of Troy tryna duck the fade smh. I like the movie better in that regard.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

They weren't cousins. Patroclus was given to Achilles' dad cuz he killed another kid. They've known eachother since childhood but were not related. I do concede that while Homer never EXPLICITLY stated they were in a relationship, given the context...it was highly possible.