Rewatching Troy....this dummy Paris burned his city to the ground over a girl he spent one week with

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
This that shyt that makes your soul burn slow. Straight mean muggin his whole family while doing it.

:whew:

tenor.gif

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats why, even though I Love the movie, they didn’t take enough from the OG poem to make the story flow as it should have.

The ORIGINAL reason Paris came to Sparta was as “training” to become a true Prince of Troy. Paris, because of a prophecy, wasn’t raised alongside Hector in the royal court. He was raised as a shepherd (which is why when he proposes fleeing with Helen before the sack of Troy, he says “ I can hunt deer and rabbit. I can feed us.” Because thats actually how he grew up) so when he returned to the royal court to take his place as Prince he had no training. So his father sent him Sparta basically as an emissary.

Paris in Sparta was supposed to be an easy trip. Sparta had made peace with the Trojans. Paris was even going to be set up to marry Helen’s daughter, but the Goddess Aphrodite had already promised Paris the most beautiful woman in the world, and THAT was Helen. So God born fukkery ensues and Paris takes Helen.

The movie made Paris out to be a p*ssy whipped fool and a coward. When in the story, yes he’s STILL a p*ssy whipped fool but he’s not really a coward, and he was a fish out of water out if his element.

True. The television show on Netflix was more true to the poem. When I first watched it I was like the fukk is all this shyt...Paris being a shepherd, being visited by the Gods to pick the most beautiful one, not knowing he was royalty....only to look it up and see that’s how it played out according to myth :ohhh: I took Classics in college but I guess I forgot he wasn’t raised a Prince. I paid more attention to the stories that weren’t brought to film recently like the Trojan Women, the Oresteia, Jason & the Argonauts (they made a movie but it’s old as shyt).

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
True. The television show on Netflix was more true to the poem. When I first watched it I was like the fukk is all this shyt...Paris being a shepherd, being visited by the Gods to pick the most beautiful one, not knowing he was royalty....only to look it up and see that’s how it played out according to myth :ohhh: I took Classics in college but I guess I forgot he wasn’t raised a Prince. I paid more attention to the stories that weren’t brought to film recently like the Trojan Women, the Oresteia, Jason & the Argonauts (they made a movie but it’s old as shyt).

Yea they made one of those “NBC SPECIAL MINISERIES” type joints for both the Oddeysee and Jason and Argonauts. I watched both as a kid and enjoyed them so I brought them on itunes a few years ago. Their cool for what they are (Ironically both had diverse casts, which is something cacs bytched about the Netflix adaptation having) but they have that 90’s cheese to them.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The movie is kinda trash but Brad and his sword / fight scenes made up for it. This is one of the most epic sword scene ive ever seen. swagger was thru the roof. :whew:

No. I dont know if this is the best but its the first that came to mind that was much better. Even the story's build up to that moment was better. :ufdup:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
No. I dont know if this is the best but its the first that came to mind that was much better. Even the story's build up to that moment was better. :ufdup:

you know whats funny. is i was like 'this nikka said not the most epic. only other movie i can think of is crouching tige....*scrolls down and sees the embedded*" :russ:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
I always thought that sh*t was weird. Growing up I thought people fought all day and night in wars but after reading books on ancient wars and other historical battles, motherfukkers would kill each other all day then be like alright today’s fighting is over. We off the clock now :mjlol: Same time tomorrow morning :mjlol:

Another thing...I finally get what critics mean when they be crying about accents being wrong. Menelaus’ character for some reason had an Irish accent and it took me out of the scene immediately. He supposed to be from Sparta.

:mjlol:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Nah, they all stopped when they realized it was Achilles's cousin. :francis:

Everybody hit the :picard::hubie:

Already planning out Hector's funeral. :mjcry:

Co-signed for Adam being the original GMB founder. Woman ran off listening to strange python and doomed the world. :wow:
Prince Hector of Troy: I've seen this moment in my dreams. I'll make a pact with you. With the gods as our witnesses, let us pledge that the winner will allow the loser all the proper funeral rituals.
Achilles: There are no pacts between lions and men. [takes off helmet] Now you know who you're fighting.
Prince Hector of Troy: I thought it was you I was fighting yesterday. And I wish it had been, but I gave the dead boy the honor he deserved.
Achilles: You gave him the honor of your sword. You won't have eyes tonight; you won't have ears or a tongue. You will wander the underworld blind, deaf, and dumb, and all the dead will know: this is Hector, the fool who thought he killed Achilles.
200w.webp

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Prince Hector of Troy: I've seen this moment in my dreams. I'll make a pact with you. With the gods as our witnesses, let us pledge that the winner will allow the loser all the proper funeral rituals.
Achilles: There are no pacts between lions and men. [takes off helmet] Now you know who you're fighting.
Prince Hector of Troy: I thought it was you I was fighting yesterday. And I wish it had been, but I gave the dead boy the honor he deserved.
Achilles: You gave him the honor of your sword. You won't have eyes tonight; you won't have ears or a tongue. You will wander the underworld blind, deaf, and dumb, and all the dead will know: this is Hector, the fool who thought he killed Achilles.
200w.webp
Achilles was vulgar :scust: