Rewatching Moesha

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
I watched damn near the whole series this last 2 weeks...

the episode where Miles was smoking weed, they was treating that nicca like he smoked crack
:dead:

Also Moesha was hypocritical like a mug and a brat at times...

:mjlol::russ:

Wait, she turned down a whole ass new car with 6 speakers and woofer!?

And ended up settling for that gray piece of shyt rude she had

Why won't the dad just go bald? :what::mjlol:

Miles looks old as shyt, like he could be Ray J's older brother, WTF?:dwillhuh:

Brandy aged so well :wow: She's beautiful

:pachaha: Line getting pushed back further and further

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
I finally finished the show. That last episode left a sour taste in my mouth. :hhh: So, Miles is forever kidnapped :mjcry:and Mo forever fainted and maybe pregnant. :picard:
The fact that Dorian still said no, made me like :snoop:. All for a record deal. Better be glad he said half, not full.:what:
Miles was the best character to have growth thru out the show. Literally. :wow:
How you go to boot camp and still be a fukk up. Dorian gotta be the worst character in the show.:mjlol:
Seasons 1-4 was the best of the show. It was pretty cool to see the whole cast grow and show kept going.:banderas:

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
I finally finished the show. That last episode left a sour taste in my mouth. :hhh: So, Miles is forever kidnapped :mjcry:and Mo forever fainted and maybe pregnant. :picard:
The fact that Dorian still said no, made me like :snoop:. All for a record deal. Better be glad he said half, not full.:what:
Miles was the best character to have growth thru out the show. Literally. :wow:
How you go to boot camp and still be a fukk up. Dorian gotta be the worst character in the show.:mjlol:
Seasons 1-4 was the best of the show. It was pretty cool to see the whole cast grow and show kept going.:banderas:

Didn’t want to give up the masters to the classic “Hitting you up with the W” :dj2:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
The first four seasons were the show's peak. Even after Dorian was introduced, the show was still good but once they made Frank into Dorian's father, it left a permanent mark that they couldn't recover from.

The strange thing about Moesha is that even though the last two seasons weren't up to par with the first four, I was still able to watch it. Parts of it still felt like nothing had changed, but the problem is, they went for too much drama. The Parkers ended up being better because they were able to have dramatic moments without having them take over the show.
They switched out writers and the show runner I believe.

I’m bout to binge this and once Girlfriends becomes available. :wow:

My mom used to say I was a mix of Maya and Lynn don’t know if it was a compliment :francis:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I've been saying this shyt for years.

There was one episode in like the last season where Moesha goes to a party and unknowingly drinks some spiked punch. She gets home drunk and wakes up at noon the next day after missing her final. Frank is like, "See, that's what you get for going to that party. :ufdup:"

MOTHERfukkER, SHE COULD HAVE BEEN RAPED! :wtf: Like, yeah, maybe she shouldn't have gone to the party knowing she had a final the next day, but you're not concerned at all that somebody spiked her punch? She obviously didn't know about it when she drank it. :mindblown:

And that's to say nothing about how morally reprehensible it is that he cheated on his first wife and had a baby out of wedlock, then pawned the kid off on his sister. Then when the son comes to live with him, he never bothers to tell him he's the boy's real father, and the boy only found out when one of the family members lets it slip. Then when the boy understandably acts out because his whole world was a lie, does Frank try to understand? Nope, just punts the little nikka off to boarding school. :camby:

shyt was so :trash: Sheryl Lee Ralph quit the show over it, and that's why she's only in like four episodes of the last season. :francis:

They tried cleaning this up in the last season by stating that Frank never cheated on his first wife, because she left him and Moesha to fend for themselves. But by that point, it was too late. They wanted an "edgy" storyline but they assassinated Frank's character to do it, and when it didn't get the response they wanted, they brought it up again a year later as a way to do damage control.

But I'll give Frank some slack when it comes to Dorian. Even before "Secrets and Lies," Dorian was constantly getting into trouble and stressing Frank out. I feel like if that episode didn't happen, Dorian would have still acted out. He didn't start to calm down until he came back from boot camp.

They switched out writers and the show runner I believe.

I’m bout to binge this and once Girlfriends becomes available. :wow:

My mom used to say I was a mix of Maya and Lynn don’t know if it was a compliment :francis:

Yeah, Vida Spears got fired from the show in season five. She was the showrunner at the time, and she had been in charge since the beginning with Sara V. Finney. But Finney left after season four to work on The Parkers, so Spears was overseeing everything by herself.

Brandy and her mother forced Spears out because she didn't want to do the show their way. They wanted gritty, dramatic storylines, but she wanted to keep things the way they were. And what do you know? Weeks after she gets fired, they air "Secrets and Lies" and the show is never the same after that. :francis:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
This show was the only teen sitcom I can recall that realistically pulled off college.

You know usually sitcoms come up with some bullshyt to get the smart characters in the same college as everybody else and even the dumb characters somehow getting in. This one actually had Mo and Niecey going to a smart school and Hakeem going to a regular school in close proximity while Kim goes to a completely different place.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The show was abruptly cancelled after the sixth season and many of the plot lines, like the positive pregnancy test found in Moesha's dorm room, didn't have clear endings. Turns out, the producers were going to conclude the story on The Parkers, but that never happened.

Brandy told The Guardian a few years later that even she doesn't know how the story ends.

"I don't know, and I'm on the cliffhanger with y'all! I hate the way Moesha ended, it was so wrong doing it that way because people took the journey in those six years and people were attached to those characters. To do that … I don't think was right."

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
just finished it.. disappointed in the ending tol. smh lol

but it looked to me like they wanted to go the girlfriends route with the spicyness.

also.. can anyone post the performances that were cut out.. i think a 112 performance got cut out too

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just thinking about it. Moesha character was very similar to Brandy with her falling in love with a older man (or a pervert dating a kid depending how you look at it) with dating Wanya from Boys II Men. If her mother and her had influence like that you gotts think they help put that in there.