Rewatching Moesha

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People asking how they got so many stars, all these guys were at the beginning of their own careers, any exposure was good for their brand. Brandy was a big star in the 90s especially after her first album dropped

Mo is pissing me off in season 6. You're engaged to Q yet still letting these dudes creep on you without shutting them down. I dont even think she's a thot as much as she just likes to have her cake and eat it too. Indecisive like a motherfukker and craves attention. Bad combination. Annoying as fukk.

Sounds like the average thot in 2021

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Rewatched "Secrets and Lies" yesterday. The episode is worse than I remembered it.

-Aunt Hattie, a character we've never seen before and will never see again, is the one that spills the beans. Frank never bothered telling her that Dorian is living there now and to not say anything. She literally goes there for two scenes, says she would be safer in a hotel and never comes back. If I didn't know any better, I would say Frank put a hit out on her.

-The family is way too happy before that. I know Moesha is a sitcom, even at this point in the show, but they're doing way too much to let you know the family is happy. Dorian got a basketball award, his birthday party is coming up, he's turned things around. Frank is smiling like Dee gave him an old-fashioned before the camera started rolling. You're just waiting to see what will ruin everybody's good time.

-Frank doesn't bother explaining anything beyond him saying he made a mistake and Dorian was adopted by his sister. I don't think the writers expected fans to hate this episode so much which is why they had to clean up the story in season six. But when you watch this episode knowing what comes later, it makes it more frustrating because Frank is made out as the villain for everything.

-Frank and Aunt Sandy were just going to tell Dorian all this a year from now, after he turned 18? What kind of conversation were they planning to have?

This is probably the most forced drama I've ever seen in a sitcom. The Parkers did this same storyline later on, but it was handled way better because it only affected one character (Nikki), and they still remembered to have jokes. Like a sitcom.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Rewatched "Secrets and Lies" yesterday. The episode is worse than I remembered it.

-Aunt Hattie, a character we've never seen before and will never see again, is the one that spills the beans. Frank never bothered telling her that Dorian is living there now and to not say anything. She literally goes there for two scenes, says she would be safer in a hotel and never comes back. If I didn't know any better, I would say Frank put a hit out on her.

-The family is way too happy before that. I know Moesha is a sitcom, even at this point in the show, but they're doing way too much to let you know the family is happy. Dorian got a basketball award, his birthday party is coming up, he's turned things around. Frank is smiling like Dee gave him an old-fashioned before the camera started rolling. You're just waiting to see what will ruin everybody's good time.

-Frank doesn't bother explaining anything beyond him saying he made a mistake and Dorian was adopted by his sister. I don't think the writers expected fans to hate this episode so much which is why they had to clean up the story in season six. But when you watch this episode knowing what comes later, it makes it more frustrating because Frank is made out as the villain for everything.

-Frank and Aunt Sandy were just going to tell Dorian all this a year from now, after he turned 18? What kind of conversation were they planning to have?

This is probably the most forced drama I've ever seen in a sitcom. The Parkers did this same storyline later on, but it was handled way better because it only affected one character (Nikki), and they still remembered to have jokes. Like a sitcom.

Dorian fukked the whole show up. He didn't need to be casted in the first place

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Dorian fukked the whole show up. He didn't need to be casted in the first place

I think he was supposed to be Moesha's replacement at home since Moesha was at college more often. Frank basically has another high school kid to straighten out. Ray J wasn't even a bad actor, he had really good timing. But Dorian took up too much screen time. He should have been introduced earlier as a recurring character, then got promoted to a main character after he's spent enough time on the show.

By season six, that show should have been called Moesha & Dorian. Or just Dorian. "D to the.....Money to the......" :dead: