Revenge of the Sith is EASILY top 2 movies in Star Wahs franchise history

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
George wanting to see Yoda fight is all I can think of. Nothing was accomplished narrative or character wise by him fighting.
This! It was nothing more than to show off his new technology. You can cut that scene out and it wouldn't effect the story

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm forced to agree. The prequels have aged better than I would've expected. Obi Wan carried them.
Obi Wan was barely in the Episode 1, in Episode 2 McGregor was phoning in his performance. Episode 3 he was ok but he was basically imitating Alec Guinness

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
No. :heh:

And I usually defend the movie, but the OG movies are easily better and I'd argue the last two are as well. It is the best prequel by far though. The main problem with Revenge of the Sith is bad acting and highly questionable plot choices. I mean the whole story just made out the Jedi (and Anakin in particular) to be huge idiots.

Why didn't the Jedi realise Palpatine was the Sith Lord when it was incredibly obvious? He was barely even trying not to act evil. :mindblown:
Why did Anakin believe a word Palpatine said? :mindblown:
Why did those Jedi "masters" die ridiculously easily to Palpatine? They got killed in like three seconds. :mindblown:
Why would Padme just give up on living because of Anakin? :mindblown:
Why did Yoda/Obi-Wan decide to fight Vader and Sidious 1v1 when they could've just jumped them? It would've made more sense for them to double team one, and then go after the other. :mindblown:
Why is the Senate just letting Palpatine do whatever the fukk he wants? :mindblown:

Not to mention, Anakin/Padme might just be the WOAT romance in any movie ever.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. :heh:

And I usually defend the movie, but the OG movies are easily better and I'd argue the last two are as well. It is the best prequel by far though. The main problem with Revenge of the Sith is bad acting and highly questionable plot choices. I mean the whole story just made out the Jedi (and Anakin in particular) to be huge idiots.

Why didn't the Jedi realise Palpatine was the Sith Lord when it was incredibly obvious? He was barely even trying not to act evil. :mindblown:
Why did Anakin believe a word Palpatine said? :mindblown:
Why did those Jedi "masters" die ridiculously easily to Palpatine? They got killed in like three seconds. :mindblown:
Why would Padme just give up on living because of Anakin? :mindblown:
Why did Yoda/Obi-Wan decide to fight Vader and Sidious 1v1 when they could've just jumped them? It would've made more sense for them to double team one, and then go after the other. :mindblown:
Why is the Senate just letting Palpatine do whatever the fukk he wants? :mindblown:

Not to mention, Anakin/Padme might just be the WOAT romance in any movie ever.
Yep I forgot about all the plot holes. More damage to the prequels :mjlol:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They’d have been much better if the 3 movies covered from the start of clones to the end of sith. 99% of what happened in phantom menace didn’t matter. All that mattered really was they found anakin and he’s training now. They could’ve just started there instead and they’d have actually had the time needed to really flesh out all that stuff. So much stuff in sith felt rushed that some extra time would’ve done it a lot of good.

Yeah, to be honest Phantom Menace should've just been a prologue to Episode II. :heh:

Show Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan finding Anakin and then running into a mysterious Sith Lord (Maul) and getting into a fight with him. Then fast forward 10 years to the stuff that matters.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah, to be honest Phantom Menace should've just been a prologue to Episode II. :heh:

Show Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan finding Anakin and then running into a mysterious Sith Lord (Maul) and getting into a fight with him. Then fast forward 10 years to the stuff that matters.

More than that, neither of the first two prequels actually showed any shady stuff that Palpatine was up to or how he was manipulating things to gain more power. He’s not really shown in the phantom menace until the main cast reaches the planet and in both that and clones, you never even find out what the bad guys want or what he specifically is doing to get the wheels turning to remove any checks to his power. Obi-Wan really should have been the main character of these films so you could see him grow from student to Jedi master/mentor and learn about both sides along with him, concluding with his failures as a teacher leading to Anakin turning instead of basically the Jedi doing nothing wrong and him being a jerk from the beginning of clones onward.

Maul was another waste because you never learn anything about him and apparently some guy with horns all over his head who fought with a double sided lightsaber and who killed a Jedi wasn’t that important since nobody at the temple could be bothered to do any investigation whatsoever into who he was or where he came from or what his goals were over the course of the TEN fukkING YEARS BETWEEN TPM AND CLONES!!!!. So much time was spent on the awful romance angle of clones and sith that so little else got developed along with way too much focus on action sequences that didn’t matter.

I’m not gonna nitpick the podrace since I think that it effectively drove home the point that the kid was a great pilot and even now I feel like visually it was pretty cool and unique (also the N64 racing game based off it was a lot of fun), but there were so many action sequences that took up so much time that could have been better spent advancing the plot and effectively developing characters. We never even find out what the clone wars are being fought over. It would do a film a lot of good to establish what the goal of the antagonist is. We never learn anything about who set up the creation of the clone army or how nobody learned about it for ten years. We never learn anything about Christopher Lee’s character or why he’s in the movie or what he even wants. What logic was there in a bounty hunter being hired to whack a senator who then instead hires a hitter to do it while hanging back and watching the whole thing happen? That’s a waste of valuable time. In fact the film spends little, if any time even showing why someone is trying to kill her. The fight on the water planet with boba fett was a waste of time that would’ve been better served if it were replaced with Obi-Wan basically doing detective work to find clues and then tracking slave 1 to Geonosis. The shootout in the asteroid belt with boba fett didn’t matter and took valuable time. The fight in the arena didn’t really matter and took up time. Obi-Wan going after grievous didn’t affect the narrative so it was a waste of time. Sith also had five total lightsaber duels. That’s way too much time devoted to action sequences instead of advancing the narrative and developing characters so we care about them.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More than that, neither of the first two prequels actually showed any shady stuff that Palpatine was up to or how he was manipulating things to gain more power. He’s not really shown in the phantom menace until the main cast reaches the planet and in both that and clones, you never even find out what the bad guys want or what he specifically is doing to get the wheels turning to remove any checks to his power. Obi-Wan really should have been the main character of these films so you could see him grow from student to Jedi master/mentor and learn about both sides along with him, concluding with his failures as a teacher leading to Anakin turning instead of basically the Jedi doing nothing wrong and him being a jerk from the beginning of clones onward.

Maul was another waste because you never learn anything about him and apparently some guy with horns all over his head who fought with a double sided lightsaber and who killed a Jedi wasn’t that important since nobody at the temple could be bothered to do any investigation whatsoever into who he was or where he came from or what his goals were over the course of the TEN fukkING YEARS BETWEEN TPM AND CLONES!!!!. So much time was spent on the awful romance angle of clones and sith that so little else got developed along with way too much focus on action sequences that didn’t matter.

I’m not gonna nitpick the podrace since I think that it effectively drove home the point that the kid was a great pilot and even now I feel like visually it was pretty cool and unique (also the N64 racing game based off it was a lot of fun), but there were so many action sequences that took up so much time that could have been better spent advancing the plot and effectively developing characters. We never even find out what the clone wars are being fought over. It would do a film a lot of good to establish what the goal of the antagonist is. We never learn anything about who set up the creation of the clone army or how nobody learned about it for ten years. We never learn anything about Christopher Lee’s character or why he’s in the movie or what he even wants. What logic was there in a bounty hunter being hired to whack a senator who then instead hires a hitter to do it while hanging back and watching the whole thing happen? That’s a waste of valuable time. In fact the film spends little, if any time even showing why someone is trying to kill her. The fight on the water planet with boba fett was a waste of time that would’ve been better served if it were replaced with Obi-Wan basically doing detective work to find clues and then tracking slave 1 to Geonosis. The shootout in the asteroid belt with boba fett didn’t matter and took valuable time. The fight in the arena didn’t really matter and took up time. Obi-Wan going after grievous didn’t affect the narrative so it was a waste of time. Sith also had five total lightsaber duels. That’s way too much time devoted to action sequences instead of advancing the narrative and developing characters so we care about them.
thank you somebody gets it. I will give the prequels props in one area, there is some interesting story elements in the prequel trilogy but the execution is piss poor

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What was the purpose of that lightsaber fight then
Palpatine already killed 3 master Jedi. With Yoda being the top Jedi, why not show him taking on the Sith Lord?
The last Jedi he trained was Dooku who was a top swordsman, so it's not like he been some mystic that doesn't know how to fight like some people think.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Palpatine already killed 3 master Jedi. With Yoda being the top Jedi, why not show him taking on the Sith Lord?
The last Jedi he trained was Dooku who was a top swordsman, so it's not like he been some mystic that doesn't know how to fight like some people think.
How did it add to the story though