Revenge of the Sith is EASILY top 2 movies in Star Wahs franchise history

Daps
No. :heh:

And I usually defend the movie, but the OG movies are easily better and I'd argue the last two are as well. It is the best prequel by far though. The main problem with Revenge of the Sith is bad acting and highly questionable plot choices. I mean the whole story just made out the Jedi (and Anakin in particular) to be huge idiots.

Why didn't the Jedi realise Palpatine was the Sith Lord when it was incredibly obvious? He was barely even trying not to act evil. :mindblown:

You, the viewer, knows it. They don't. The dark side clouds everything. The Jedi became complacent. Palpatine was the culmination of everything Darth Bane put in to place a thousand years before. It's why he's called the "Shadow" and other dead Sith lords had to bow down.

Why did Anakin believe a word Palpatine said? :mindblown:

Palpatine has been working on Anakin since he was a youngling. He's been manipulating every aspect of his life since since talking to him when he arrived at the end of TPM on Theed.

Why did those Jedi "masters" die ridiculously easily to Palpatine? They got killed in like three seconds. :mindblown:

You have to read the novelization. The "fight" in there was more violent than what you saw on the screen. One, the Jedi hadn't fought an actual Sith in a millenia. Palpatine was a master of not one, but all saber forms. The only thing they saw was a blur of red as Palpatine was so fast. In the novelization, Palpatine actually thrust his lightsaber through the center of Agen Kolar's forehead and cut off Saesee Tiin's and Kit Fisto's head which was resting on his desk. Anakin actually comes in the building through a window in Palpatine's office remarking that the severed head of Fisto still had that weird smile.

In the movie, Palpatine could have killed Mace right after his trademark spin maneuver by showing him how easy he could have thrust his saber into his chest. However, as the fight continued, the tides turned with Windu using Anakin's fear (which he mistakenly thought was Palps) to power his saber style called Vaapad and exploited Palps shatterpoint (overwhelming desire to recruit Anakin as his new apprentice). After Mace subdued Palps, he fukked up by not sensing Anakin's shatterpoint (Padme). The rest is history.

Why would Padme just give up on living because of Anakin? :mindblown:

She didn't die because of a broken heart and lose the will to live. Palpatine "killed" her. That's what the tragedy of Darth Plagueis was all about to extend or save someone's life. Palps use Padme's life force to keep Anakin alive with the cost of doing so forever making him his servant. That's what sneer at the "Nooooooo!" was all about. You have to pay attention to the subtleties of the Palpatine character. It's real low but their breathing gets synced before Padme succumbs and Anakin dons the mask. My memory is spotty but I think Lucas addresseses it in the RotS commentary.

Why did Yoda/Obi-Wan decide to fight Vader and Sidious 1v1 when they could've just jumped them? It would've made more sense for them to double team one, and then go after the other. :mindblown:

It wouldn't have made a difference. Verses Palpatine, they still would have got their asses handed to them. As Yoda said in the novelization, the fight was over before he was born. I mean shyt. Palps was slanging those floating platforms at Yoda like they were frisbees while he struggled to stop that last one and toss it back at Palps. He barely had enough control to ward off Palps's lightning with tutaminis (repeal or absorb Force Lightning).

Why is the Senate just letting Palpatine do whatever the fukk he wants? :mindblown:

Dude has spent the decades putting his people in key positions in the Senate. The bald head chick Sly Moore and the horned blue alien Mas Ammeda pretty much reduced the power of the Senate and by the time of the rise of the Empire controlled the Senate through the Imperial Council. Palps has been swaying public opinion at every opportunity presented to him whether through machinations or taking advantage of situations as they presented themselves.

Also, it doesn't hurt to have a standing battle-tested army of clones genetically modified to only obey orders from you.

Not to mention, Anakin/Padme might just be the WOAT romance in any movie ever.

Lucas' poor attempt at a poor man's Shakespeare trope.
Anakin = Othello
Palpatine = Iago
Padme = Desdemona
Obi-wan = Cassio

Last edited:

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I loved this film actually. Funniest shyt was when Anakin said "My new Empire". Obi Wan came back and like :what:"YOUR NEW EMPIRE" ????????

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did it add to the story though
It showed how powerful Palpatine was. He took out 4 Jedi Masters in the span of a couple of hours. Two of which were the very best.
It showed how high the stakes were for Yoda to get active.
It shows why Yoda went into hiding on dagobah

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
:ehh: I agree.

Order66
Obi vs Ani
Palpative vs yoda
Anikans turn

I agree with you on all, I also like general grievous and his voice.....I was like kenobi about to get fukked up when I say this :lupe:

LeftTidyAuklet-size_restricted.gif

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It showed how powerful Palpatine was. He took out 4 Jedi Masters in the span of a couple of hours. Two of which were the very best.
It showed how high the stakes were for Yoda to get active.
It shows why Yoda went into hiding on dagobah
no the Yoda lightsaber fight in Episode 2, what did it add to the story

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

1. It showed how Anakin failed Obi-Wan as a true student (and Obi-Wan, in turn, as a mentor) - episode 1 ended with Yoda telling Obi-Wan that training Anakin would be dangerous.
2. It showed how an old ass Jedi (Dooku) could own the shyt out of younger Jedi. Setting the stage for Yoda.
3. It showed why one single Jedi, ANY Jedi, would be sucha threat to the Empire later on. Even a 600 year old Jedi.
4. Most importantly, Yoda chooses to save Obi-Wan and Anakin instead of fight Dooku. Now think back to Empire when Luke chooses to save Han/Leia instead of continue his training.

"You must continue your training "
"And sacrifice my friends?"
"..if you honor what they fight for, yes"

That scene is now even realer, what Yoda is really telling him is "maybe I should've let your dad and mentor die :whoo:".

So George chose to show a slightly different Yoda in the prequels to give his character an arc. Whereas it seems you wanted to see the same Yoda.

But again, the OGs never set up Yoda as a pacifist - they went into hiding to train Jedi. And by the time Luke finds Yoda, "old and sick, have I become" from living in Dagobah. One of the original drafts had ghost Yoda/Obi-Wan showing up in ROTJ to help Luke fight Vader and the Emperor.

I get why some people dislike the scene, but it fits in the story and has a point later on. It also would've worked if Mace Windu was there, saving the kid who will betray him in the next movie.

Last edited:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. It showed how Anakin failed Obi-Wan as a true student (and Obi-Wan, in turn, as a mentor) - episode 1 ended with Yoda telling Obi-Wan that training Anakin would be dangerous.
2. It showed how an old ass Jedi (Dooku) could own the shyt out of younger Jedi. Setting the stage for Yoda.
3. It showed why one single Jedi, ANY Jedi, would be sucha threat to the Empire later on. Even a 600 year old Jedi.
4. Most importantly, Yoda chooses to save Obi-Wan and Anakin instead of fight Dooku. Now think back to Empire when Luke chooses to save Han/Leia instead of continue his training.

"You must continue your training "
"And sacrifice my friends?"
"..if you honor what they fight for, yes"

That scene is now even realer, what Yoda is really telling him is "maybe I should've let your dad and mentor die :whoo:".

So George chose to show a slightly different Yoda in the prequels to give his character an arc. Whereas it seems you wanted to see the same Yoda.

But again, the OGs never set up Yoda as a pacifist - they went into hiding to train Jedi. And by the time Luke finds Yoda, "old and sick, have I become" from living in Dagobah. One of the original drafts had ghost Yoda/Obi-Wan showing up in ROTJ to help Luke fight Vader and the Emperor.

I get why some people dislike the scene, but it fits in the story and has a point later on. It also would've worked if Mace Windu was there, saving the kid who will betray him in the next movie.
I'll give you credit you made a hell of an argument for that throwaway scene. No I didn't want to see a different Yoda blame that on the creator who contradicted his own story

Daps

Dooku was Yoda's last padawan learner. Up until that moment, he was just a member of the Lost 20 (Jedi who left the order) and not thought of as a Sith.

Deleted Lost Twenty scene.

He was still respected in the Jedi Order even though he was a Separatist prior to the Battle of Geonosis. To the Jedi, the only known reemerged Sith (Maul) was thought to have been killed on Naboo a decade earlier. The fight solidified Dooku's break from the Jedi Order and the bond between master and former apprentice was forever broken.

From the AotC novelization (Mace talking to Yoda about Padme's accusation of Dooku) :

“It troubles me to hear Count Dooku’s name mentioned in such a manner, Master,” Mace said to Yoda as the Jedi made their way back to their Council chamber. “And from one as esteemed as Senator Amidala. Any mistrust of Jedi, or even former Jedi, in times such as these can be disastrous.”

“Deny Dooku’s involvement in the separatist movement, we cannot,” Yoda reminded him.

“Nor can we deny that he began in that movement because of ideals,” Mace argued. “He was once our friend—that we must not forget—and to hear him slandered and named as an assassin—“

“Not named,” Yoda said. “But darkness there is, about us all, and in that darkness, nothing is what it seems.”

“But it makes little sense to me that Count Dooku would make an attempt on the life of Senator Amidala, when she is the one most adamantly opposed to the creation of an army. Would the separatists not wish Amidala well in her endeavors? Would they not believe that she is, however unintentionally, an ally to their cause? Or are we really to believe that they want war with the Republic?”

Yoda leaned heavily on his cane, seeming very weary, and his huge eyes slowly closed. “More is here than we can know,” he said very quietly. “Clouded is the Force. Troubling it is.”

Mace dismissed his forthcoming reflexive response, a further defense of his old friend Dooku. Count Dooku had been among the most accomplished of the Jedi Masters, respected among the Council, a student of the older and, some would say, more profound Jedi philosophies and styles, including an arcane lightsaber fighting style that was more front and back, thrust and riposte, than the typical circular movements currently employed by most of the Jedi. What a blow it had been to the Jedi Order, and to Mace Windu, when Dooku had walked away from them, and for many of the same reasons the separatists were now trying to walk away: the perception that the Republic had grown too ponderous and unresponsive to the needs of the individual, even of individual systems.

It was no less troubling to Mace Windu concerning Dooku, as it was, no doubt, to Amidala and Palpatine concerning the separatists, that some of the arguments against the Republic were not without merit.