Revenge of the Sith is EASILY top 2 movies in Star Wahs franchise history

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Those two veiled concepts were always there in the original treatments and drafts.

luke had a sister but it was not meant to be leia.

you can’t tell me leia was ever truly meant to be his sister when both ANH and ESB tease a romantic relationship.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith

Hate on the og prequels all you want but RotS is a f*cking GEM compared to the trash that’s come out this decade (outside of Rogue One)

It even holds its own against the og movies
Been saying for years on this forum that Episode 3 is arguably the best film in the series.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
Nah.. it has some of the best Star Wars moments ever but it has some key issues that take it down for me.

1. The fall of Anakin happened way too quickly. The movie should’ve been a 2 parter to let some of that stuff breathe.

2. General Greivous’s portrayal was a huge letdown compared to what we got in the clone wars tv show prequel. The choreography of his fight against Obi-Wan was largely uninteresting and I hate how seemingly easy it was to disarm him.

I actually think The Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels and I would rank all of them ahead of The Last Jedi.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nah.. it has some of the best Star Wars moments ever but it has some key issues that take it down for me.

1. The fall of Anakin happened way too quickly. The movie should’ve been a 2 parter to let some of that stuff breathe.

2. General Greivous’s portrayal was a huge letdown compared to what we got in the clone wars tv show prequel. The choreography of his fight against Obi-Wan was largely uninteresting and I hate how seemingly easy it was to disarm him.

I actually think The Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels and I would rank all of them ahead of The Last Jedi.
They’d have been much better if the 3 movies covered from the start of clones to the end of sith. 99% of what happened in phantom menace didn’t matter. All that mattered really was they found anakin and he’s training now. They could’ve just started there instead and they’d have actually had the time needed to really flesh out all that stuff. So much stuff in sith felt rushed that some extra time would’ve done it a lot of good.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
:patrice:Not to sure breh, anyone would have struggled with the dialogue and lines Lucas had them saying. Hell even Portman looked terrible in the prequels.
Damn near quit acting over it....and hayden isnt as bad as his dialogue suggests he is...see shattered glass which came out between 2 and 3

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn near quit acting over it....and hayden isnt as bad as his dialogue suggests he is...see shattered glass which came out between 2 and 3
The fandom gave him a lot of hell. Even at the Star Wars celebration last year you could see he was nervous being there not knowing how they would react to him.

Daps
luke had a sister but it was not meant to be leia.

you can’t tell me leia was ever truly meant to be his sister when both ANH and ESB tease a romantic relationship.

Westermarck effect - Wikipedia

True in the initial draft. But go look at Leigh Brackett's earlier work. She was a big fan of Greek tragedies and a Mary Shelley fanatic (Frankenstein - Prometheus Unbound author), who before marrying Percy Bysshe, was almost forced to marry her cousin. She always put certain parallel aspects of Shelley's (sexual familial relationships) and her life (almost started a romantic relationship with her cousin she didn't know about before discovering the truth) in her work.

Hell, the "I've (Bradbury) been waiting for you, Obi-Wan (Brackett). We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, I am the master!" was a paraphrased quote from her and Ray Bradbury's (yes, that Ray Bradbury) falling out in mid 60s. He learned under her tutelage.

shyt, just change out Leia for Jocasta (sister instead of mother) and Darth Vader for Laius. The original trilogy is just a modern retelling of Oedipus Rex.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
it's not an IQ test though, it's a blood sample.

the equivalent of a jedi IQ test would be like some sort of trial or something.

if the force is a measure of one's faith and intuition, how can it be measured in someone's blood?

Ignore how it's done. It's the theory behind it. We don't know how the test analyzes the blood sample or how it quantifies its measuring, only that it does measuring. But once again, using IQ as the comparison, it would be like if they used a brain scan (or whatever it's called) instead of an actual test.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Errm surely you meant 4th, its
Empire strike back
New Hope
Return(if only for the last 2/3s)
Revenge of the sith

Its was easily the best of the modern star wars flicks but it wasnt much of a movie. It just felt like one big drawn out reveal. AoTC was such a waste of time that ROTS sped things up to the point as scenes were playing out while it entertained it had no weight

This is how I rank the top four movies as well. Sith is piff tho.