Revenge of the Sith is EASILY top 2 movies in Star Wahs franchise history

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
George wanting to see Yoda fight is all I can think of. Nothing was accomplished narrative or character wise by him fighting.

You guys just seem to make up a reasons to knock the prequels. Just online haters trolled that fight scene. The audience loved it when I saw it.

Second, that whole interchange was about Anakin’s twisted mind allowing Dooku to get away. Had he stayed disciplined and they fought him together, the Clone Wars would have ended right there. They would have uncovered the plot from Dooku’s body and probably even Palpatine’s involvement.

Third, Yoda showing up to fight Dooku is what saves Anakin and ObiWan’s life.

Finally, every duel in the prequels tells you how good each Jedi is in comparison. Obi Wan always struggles with Dooku. Anakin later gets bettter than him. Yoda just toys with him to gauge his skill, then when he figures out that he’s not master-quality, is going to kill him (until Dooku brings the ceiling down to escape).

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
You guys just seem to make up a reasons to knock the prequels. Just online haters trolled that fight scene. The audience loved it when I saw it.

Second, that whole interchange was about Anakin’s twisted mind allowing Dooku to get away. Had he stayed disciplined and they fought him together, the Clone Wars would have ended right there. They would have uncovered the plot from Dooku’s body and probably even Palpatine’s involvement.

Third, Yoda showing up to fight Dooku is what saves Anakin and ObiWan’s life.

Finally, every duel in the prequels tells you how good each Jedi is in comparison. Obi Wan always struggles with Dooku. Anakin later gets bettter than him. Yoda just toys with him to gauge his skill, then when he figures out that he’s not master-quality, is going to kill him (until Dooku brings the ceiling down to escape).
exactly, only internet nerds complain about rots

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
How did the Yoda we meet in Empire contradict the Yoda we meet in the prequels?
He didn’t really share any lessons or wisdom in the prequels. He did some military strategizing and shyt like that, but he served a totally different purpose in the original films. Yoda from empire and Jedi was there to teach Luke about the force, about how to further mature in his decision making, about how the force is something beyond the physical, and teach Luke self control and patience. He lectures Luke about war not making someone great, his impatience being a great weakness that he shared with his dad. Things like that. I didn’t mind him being a CGI character in clones and sith since it gives him more room for facial expressions and lets him walk around easier, but he’s not a character that should be fighting in lightsaber duels. Right out the gate the fact that he’s the size of mini me makes him fighting impractical since he’s so much smaller than everyone else.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn’t really share any lessons or wisdom in the prequels. He did some military strategizing and shyt like that, but he served a totally different purpose in the original films. Yoda from empire and Jedi was there to teach Luke about the force, about how to further mature in his decision making, about how the force is something beyond the physical, and teach Luke self control and patience. He lectures Luke about war not making someone great, his impatience being a great weakness that he shared with his dad. Things like that. I didn’t mind him being a CGI character in clones and sith since it gives him more room for facial expressions and lets him walk around easier, but he’s not a character that should be fighting in lightsaber duels. Right out the gate the fact that he’s the size of mini me makes him fighting impractical since he’s so much smaller than everyone else.
Prequels showed how far the jedi lost sight of what they were and became a military for the government which helped lead to there downfall. If I'm not mistaken, Yoda mentions it in ROTS as well as what I underlined.

He being so in tone with the force allowed him to be a formidable lightsaber duelist. Muggsy Bogues was 5'3" and played 13 seasons in the NBA. Go by his height you wouldn't think he would've been able to compete since everyone else towers over him

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did the Yoda we meet in Empire contradict the Yoda we meet in the prequels?
The OT characters contradicted their PT counterparts
In the prequels Yoda came off like upper management "the job is job" type
We don't get a sense of the friendship between Obi- Wan and Anakin. He seemed annoyed by him in two and half movies.
Anakin wasn't a good guy who fell from grace like everyone mentioned in the OT. He was selfish, arrogant, committed genocide, and dumb.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Why didn't the Jedi realise Palpatine was the Sith Lord when it was incredibly obvious? He was barely even trying not to act evil. :mindblown:
Why did Anakin believe a word Palpatine said? :mindblown:
/QUOTE]

I'd say it was to show how arrogant the council was..they were too busy tryna run shyt and were oblivious to Sidious...and why Anakin believed Palpatine...for all the power he had, Anakin was still pretty weak mentally...fell for what Palp said cause he wanted them ideals.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The OT characters contradicted their PT counterparts
In the prequels Yoda came off like upper management "the job is job" type
We don't get a sense of the friendship between Obi- Wan and Anakin. He seemed annoyed by him in two and half movies.
Anakin wasn't a good guy who fell from grace like everyone mentioned in the OT. He was selfish, arrogant, committed genocide, and dumb.
Answered the Yoda in the post above.
As far as Anakin and Obi. It was more of an older brother/younger brother kind of relationship. Also Obi was raised in the Jedi order so the way he expresses himself can come off as cold to someone like Anakin who was raised like most other people minus the slavery.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Answered the Yoda in the post above.
As far as Anakin and Obi. It was more of an older brother/younger brother kind of relationship. Also Obi was raised in the Jedi order so the way he expresses himself can come off as cold to someone like Anakin who was raised like most other people minus the slavery.
I can see your point on Obi Wan but you have to admit the Anakin character was unlikable especially in AOTC

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was a teenager acting like a teenager. Who really likes them away :yeshrug:
A teenager who committed genocide. I like some aspects of the prequels but to say that its better than the OT or the newer movies I don't know. The filmmaking of the newer movies alone put the prequels to shame

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
2. General Greivous’s portrayal was a huge letdown compared to what we got in the clone wars tv show prequel. The choreography of his fight against Obi-Wan was largely uninteresting and I hate how seemingly easy it was to disarm him.

This was by FAR the biggest letdown in ROTS to me. Grievous was portrayed like The Predator in Clone Wars and his appearance inspired dread in even the Jedi. The movie did a horrible job portraying him

This guy was scary as a kid. If ROTS got it right he would've been the most memorable character in the prequel trilogy.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
The two movies that came out these past few years being trash doesn’t make any of the prequels any better