Revenge of the Sith is EASILY top 2 movies in Star Wahs franchise history

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Episode 8 is really making me appreciate the prequels :yeshrug:
episode one was goofy with Jar Jar and all but the movie overall explored some decent plot points, but this last one almost seemed like non-canon fan fiction that I would have made if they just said "ay Heretic it's me... Kathy. I got 400 mill for you, but you gotta spend half of it make a Disney princess movie but we want it to be a Star Wars movie too, oh and... BTW you got 30 minutes to write the script... Oh and one last thing. JJ Abrams is working on one also, sorry don't have his number and the script is a secret so you're on your own. Good Luck pal TTYL!"

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
ROTS is better than the Disney films and I would never think I'd say that.

That duel with Obi and Young Vader....shyt is pure piff...

The Prequel threads on message boards were pure fukkery and venom as Baby Boomers and Gen X'ers were pretty heated about the Prequels.

Giving it some time to age, I place ROTS in the 4 spot.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
in the OG trilogy the force is purely a spiritual concept, not scientific. it was based on one's potential, one's faith and one's purity.

a lot of fans, including myself, didn't appreciate seeing it reduced to a scientific level.

edit: actually it just occurred to me that this is NOT the worst thing anyone has ever put in a star wars movie.

the worst thing in any star wars movie is actually in ROTJ when it's revealed that leia is luke's sister.

now THAT is the most insulting and offensive thing lucas has ever done.

wouldn't midi-chlorians fit into that by being the gauge of one's potential though? anakin had the most potential but got cut in half and left for dead by obi-wan who (though he had less potential) had mastered his force ability.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Most of the prequel movies were filmed in a studio with giant ass blue screens and giant ass green screens but Lucas did that

Annie was like I don't like sand :wow:

Annie with the line I'm sure Pac used himself : if you not with me then you are against me :wow:

Got love for Sam L Jackson that man crazy man stole MLK Sr but if Pack didn't die in 96 he was going to be Mace then double upped for clone wars then trippled up for Rots:mjcry:

In a galaxy far away :pachaha:the last hope against a literal space Hitler with nukes

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
wouldn't midi-chlorians fit into that by being the gauge of one's potential though? anakin had the most potential but got cut in half and left for dead by obi-wan who (though he had less potential) had mastered his force ability.

so you and I can’t ever be a Jedi because we don’t have it in our blood?

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The choreography of the final showdown was :fire:
That and the score were great (that score during the final fight may be my favorite score John Williams has done in any movie post 1993) but it went on for too long. The big problem that film had was lazily written character scenes that are just flat out boring and bogged down with lazy soap opera style camera work, and the other noticeable issue being so little location filming or set pieces while using green screen for basically every scene, which hurts the acting too since actors can’t generally work well when they can’t see any of the setting or CGI characters they’re supposed to be interacting with. All the emperor stuff was good too. He did a fantastic job in this film.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The force being about blood isn't a prequels invention. I get why people are iffy on midichlorians but I'm always :patrice: at people who claim it changes the nature of the force.

The OG SW hints at Luke being special because he's Anakin's son. Empire straight up confirms it, amd Jedi flat out has Yoda, Ben, the Emperor, Vader and Luke all state it's his bloodline that made him special.

"The force is strong in my family"
"The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi"
"The emperor knew as I did that if Anakin were to have any offspring they would be a threat"
"There is another Skywalker"
"So you have a sister, Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me.."

That's all midichlorians are, a further exploration of why Anakin's children were so important.

Set up by the OG's, explained by the prequels.

Last edited:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
so you and I can’t ever be a Jedi because we don’t have it in our blood?

You might be, but you'll never have the potential of Anakin or his lineage.

Everyone has midichlorians, some are just higher levels. That's real life too, we're not all born equal. Some are naturally stronger, faster etc.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Facts. I like Star Wars but other than Empire and ROTS I wouldn't call any of em good. And ROTS is not without many flaws. But goddamn the shyt they get right is some of the best in the series.
New hope was very good in my opinion and Jedi had a lot of good stuff minus the Ewok shyt.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
The force being about blood isn't a prequels invention. I get why people are iffy on midichlorians but I'm always :patrice: at people who claim it changes the nature of the force.

The OG SW hints at Luke being special because he's Anakin's son. Empire straight up confirms it, amd Jedi flat out has Yoda, Ben, the Emperor, Vader and Luke all state it's his bloodline that made him special.

"The force is strong in my family"
"The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi"
"The emperor knew as I did that if Anakin were to have any offspring they would be a threat"
"There is another Skywalker"
"So you have a sister, Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me.."

That's all midichlorians are, a further exploration of why Anakin's children were so important.

Set up by the OG's, explained by the prequels.

all due respect but empire and jedi retconned a lot of things that were established in ANH and Lucas was basically making shyt up as he went along.

but I never interpreted it as something that was in someone’s blood. luke having the potential to be a great jedi because his father was a great jedi, to me, is like the son of a great pro QB having the potential to also be a great QB.

if Luke had never met obi wan and been taught about the force, he would have never developed those abilities. So jedi powers aren’t just hereditary.

Luke was able to use the force in ANH because he had an open mind and a pure heart. Most people would have told this old dirtbag to get lost with his stoner wizard stories but luke bought in and pledged his allegiance.