Revenge of the Sith is EASILY top 2 movies in Star Wahs franchise history

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
all due respect but empire and jedi retconned a lot of things that were established in ANH and Lucas was basically making shyt up as he went along.

but I never interpreted it as something that was in someone’s blood. luke having the potential to be a great jedi because his father was a great jedi, to me, is like the son of a great pro QB having the potential to also be a great QB.

if Luke had never met obi wan and been taught about the force, he would have never developed those abilities. So jedi powers aren’t just hereditary.

Luke was able to use the force in ANH because he had an open mind and a pure heart. Most people would have told this old dirtbag to get lost with his stoner wizard stories but luke bought in and pledged his allegiance.

If you're a true purist in the sense that you look at things from the OG MOVIE, then I fully agree and respect this perspective :salute:

Every episode after is retelling the story (except for 7/8). So I agree on that. TPM/the prequels lore was in line with the OG as a trilogy though. And I agree Empire/Jedi retconned.

Did you ever read the MAKING OF STAR WARS? George definitely planned a lot of this shyt ahead, he just had different storylines and later started picking amd combining different threads. The twin thing was one of his OG ideas which he abandoned when he realized his story was too big for one movie, and then picked up again in Jedi when he realized he didn't want to do a a sequel trilogy. And that's not from him talking about, the book has receipts and other people confirming these things.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
If you're a true purist in the sense that you look at things from the OG MOVIE, then I fully agree and respect this perspective :salute:

Every episode after is retelling the story (except for 7/8). So I agree on that. TPM/the prequels lore was in line with the OG as a trilogy though. And I agree Empire/Jedi retconned.

Did you ever read the MAKING OF STAR WARS? George definitely planned a lot of this shyt ahead, he just had different storylines and later started picking amd combining different threads. The twin thing was one of his OG ideas which he abandoned when he realized his story was too big for one movie, and then picked up again in Jedi when he realized he didn't want to do a a sequel trilogy. And that's not from him talking about, the book has receipts and other people confirming these things.

ANH is my favorite movie, maybe ever... and yea it’s hands down the best SW movie in my eyes... and above all is the one I consider the most canon considering it set the groundwork for everything that came after.

Another interesting thing about ANH is that Vader never references the “dark side” of the force, only obi wan does. Vader just calls it the force... which makes more sense because Vader probably doesn’t view himself as evil. As far as he’s concerned he’s got the right idea and Obi Wan is the one who’s lost and misguided.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
ANH is my favorite movie, maybe ever... and yea it’s hands down the best SW movie in my eyes... and above all is the one I consider the most canon considering it set the groundwork for everything that came after.

Another interesting thing about ANH is that Vader never references the “dark side” of the force, only obi wan does. Vader just calls it the force... which makes more sense because Vader probably doesn’t view himself as evil. As far as he’s concerned he’s got the right idea and Obi Wan is the one who’s lost and misguided.

It's the only Episode that can stand on it's own. It's not my favorite of the bunch but it's the best movie because it's the only real movie. The rest are piggybacking.

The Emperor was also not a sith until Empire; if I remember correctly not even George's original notes/drafts had him as anything other than an opportunistic politician. The OG Novel goes to some lengths to describe him as a politician, too.

Dap+rep, a lot of people kind of shyt on that movie now. That shyt changed the world.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ROTS bad CGI, bad acting, over the top chopped up musical score, story didn't make sense, no character development, that Yoda lightsaber fight was so cheesy and over the top, the Nooooooo scene :laff:, basically a two hour toy commercial that dropped nuggets of nostalgia. People bought it hook line and sinker. Lucas is a lazy and mediocre director but a GOAT hustler.:wow:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
It's the only Episode that can stand on it's own. It's not my favorite of the bunch but it's the best movie because it's the only real movie. The rest are piggybacking.

The Emperor was also not a sith until Empire; if I remember correctly not even George's original notes/drafts had him as anything other than an opportunistic politician. The OG Novel goes to some lengths to describe him as a politician, too.

Dap+rep, a lot of people kind of shyt on that movie now. That shyt changed the world.

Yup the sith were not the rulers of the empire, they were an independent body and Vader was their representative hired by the emperor to hunt down the plans. Which I find far more interesting.

Merging the emperor into vader’s master made no sense. Why would the men of the empire willingly obey these two creepy psychopaths? Wouldn’t you hand in your papers the moment you saw Vader choke an admiral to death?

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ANH is the best Star Wars movie because Lucas was fresh off American Graffiti and had a talented squad helping him. When we started to get into the prequels Lucas has directed a movie in 16 years

Daps
in the OG trilogy the force is purely a spiritual concept, not scientific. it was based on one's potential, one's faith and one's purity.

a lot of fans, including myself, didn't appreciate seeing it reduced to a scientific level.

edit: actually it just occurred to me that this is NOT the worst thing anyone has ever put in a star wars movie.

the worst thing in any star wars movie is actually in ROTJ when it's revealed that leia is luke's sister.

now THAT is the most insulting and offensive thing lucas has ever done.

Those two veiled concepts were always there in the original treatments and drafts.

Daps
ANH is the best Star Wars movie because Lucas was fresh off American Graffiti and had a talented squad helping him. When we started to get into the prequels Lucas has directed a movie in 16 years

No it was the white and Asian dude who fixed ANH so much so that they won Oscars in editing for it. Everybody involved in the background said that ANH was a bunch of convoluted shyt Lucas filmed until they righted the ship.

Lucas is good at story-telling. Not so much directing.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it was the white and Asian dude who fixed ANH so much so that they won Oscars in editing for it. Everybody involved in the background said that ANH was a bunch of convoluted shyt Lucas filmed until they righted the ship.

Lucas is good at story-telling. Not so much directing.
Breh we saying the same thing. His ex wife came in the mix to help edit also. He had peak John Williams, a producer with a back bone, and the writers from American Graffiti to polish the dialogue

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's to bad Lucas to get anyone else to direct the prequels because the story from episodes 1-3 are easily my favorite in Star Wars lore.

I have gotten to the point where the CGI doesn't bother me all that much. I wonder if they could re-do the CGI in the prequels and special editions. Disney would make a killing, I think.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
It's to bad Lucas to get anyone else to direct the prequels because the story from episodes 1-3 are easily my favorite in Star Wars lore.

I have gotten to the point where the CGI doesn't bother me all that much. I wonder if they could re-do the CGI in the prequels and special editions. Disney would make a killing, I think.

I think this is were I am, just having watched all the star wars movies for the first time a couple years ago, I dont really have a tie to the OT like some ppl.

I under stand the complaints of the PT compared to the OT, i just think the PT has much more interesting stuff going on.

If they dont re make them, they should definitley make some more movies in that time period , like someone else said.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Movie was trash. Christiansen is a trash actor. They spent damn near 5 hours with the previous movies and somehow still managed to rush and botch the actual turn to the dark side. The noooooo scene top 5 most corniest of all time also.
:patrice:Not to sure breh, anyone would have struggled with the dialogue and lines Lucas had them saying. Hell even Portman looked terrible in the prequels.