Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the game is a next gen experience combined with the old school brutality of the retro games
you are rewarded for not getting damaged and staying alive
while being punished for dying while at the same time growing from it and learning pieces of the story
combine that with the environment randomization and you have a frustrating unique experience
I think they're going to add a save feature that allows you to suspend you current state in the game
so you can do other things like playing other games instead of having to dedicate who knows how long to a run or putting the ps5 in rest mode

damn...at least let me keep my proficiency tho...I just checked and I’ve killed 775 hostiles...yet it feels like I have absolutely nothing impactful to show for it when I start over...it’s 2021 and I paid $400 for this console to play a $70 game...let me feel a little bit good about myself...shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just like it the way it is. That all.
Nothing complicated.

What people want is the ability to not have to use rest mode to suspend their game, like hades, gungeon, Isaac, so if you turn off your game you will start at the same room, but if you die it will delete that save.

It really doesn’t change anything, i think some people ARE thinking that they are actually gonna add SAVE points so they dont have to start over and thats not whats happening lol

Starting over is part of the game. People just dont want to lose progress to system updates, crashes, or to play other games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
damn...at least let me keep my proficiency tho...I just checked and I’ve killed 775 hostiles...yet it feels like I have absolutely nothing impactful to show for it when I start over...it’s 2021 and I paid $400 for this console to play a $70 game...let me feel a little bit good about myself...shyt

You just gotta learn the game, trust me if they change any little thing in the game it would be way too easy.

Daps
damn...at least let me keep my proficiency tho...I just checked and I’ve killed 775 hostiles...yet it feels like I have absolutely nothing impactful to show for it when I start over
Housemarque:

SBp.gif

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
shyt I low key hope they do lmao but I don’t seriously see them compromising the game like that...the main “complaint” I’m seeing even from fans of the genre is that they take away a bit too much when you die...I don’t feel like my character perks are getting better/stronger as a result of these deaths...I literally feel like I’m starting from absolute ground zero each and every time
The dying and losing most of ur shyt is what gives the game charm imo, I hope they don't mess with that.

All I want is some kind of suspend/save state so you don't have to baby sit this game so much. U pretty much can't play anything else while u are invested in this game :francis:

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
What people want is the ability to not have to use rest mode to suspend their game, like hades, gungeon, Isaac, so if you turn off your game you will start at the same room, but if you die it will delete that save.

It really doesn’t change anything, i think some people ARE thinking that they are actually gonna add SAVE points so they dont have to start over and thats not whats happening lol

Starting over is part of the game. People just dont want to lose progress to system updates, crashes, or to play other games.
Oooooh...I see.

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
Game is fire af! I’m struggling with the first boss. The fact it’s a journey to get to him everytime and if I make it back with full health I’m lucky is wild af. They should have a save option for “casual gamers”. They want people to pay 75 dollars for this game and more in foreign countries. We should have the option to save. The first boss isn’t even that hard. But getting to him with full health is a mission. Why would they make a big budget AAA game that’s strictly for hardcore gamers. Retarded af business model. They need crazy sales for this game to be a success. So for them to do this is retarded af. They should have a option to keep it how it is. And a option for saves. I read on Reddit they are going to add saves with a update. If they want us to by games at launch they should have included that. Better of waiting for games to go on sale. And yes I’m very mad :hhh:

lol if you getting to the boss low on health, just teleport back to the ship, sleep to restore your health, then teleport back to the boss :mindblown:

tenor.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
lol if you getting to the boss low on health, just teleport back to the ship, sleep to restore your health, then teleport back to the boss :mindblown:

tenor.gif

Yeah, i mean people gonna learn the “tricks” of the game, just like Demon’s Souls. There are certain ways of playing it that just make your runs easier

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@surf your mans ice is a scrub too

as are a lot of ppl...you had professional reviewers who couldn’t make it past the 2nd biome :yeshrug:

I got fooled by my 3rd run since I made it to phrike so easily unscathed and thought the game was gonna be easier than anticipated...it has gotten subsequently harder tho

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
as are a lot of ppl...you had professional reviewers who couldn’t make it past the 2nd biome :yeshrug:

I got fooled by my 3rd run since I made it to phrike so easily unscathed and thought the game was gonna be easier than anticipated...it has gotten subsequently harder tho

Sometimes its just about lucking out with drops/parasites

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
You can tell this game took roguelikes to the next level because of how many people in here and online that clearly don't understand how roguelikes work because it's their first one and they don't know how this game doesn't adhere to what other roguelikes do.

No a suspend feature doesn't ruin the game, we know because we played other roguelikes. :mjlol: