Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m just mad because I’m frustrated. If I can go back in time I would still buy the bytch. It’s a great game. I read so much shyt about it so I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting. But the fact you go to kill 50+ enemies to get back to the same boss is annoying af. The fact this is a business model is just dumb af to me. I’m not the greatest gamer but if I find this hard and tedious I know a majority of people who game will. How they expect the game to be a success? If their was hella ps5 exclusives out this game wouldn’t have done the numbers it did. I just feel like they should appease the consumers a lot more. But I’m back hunting this first boss back again

idk what to say cuz the prior PS5 exclusive was demon’s souls...I agree the games should be more “inviting” to everyone but these shyts are gonna sell regardless so there’s no real incentive for them to cater to everyone like that...although I think HM will bend on the no saves stance

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk what to say cuz the prior PS5 exclusive was demon’s souls...I agree the games should be more “inviting” to everyone but these shyts are gonna sell regardless so there’s no real incentive for them to cater to everyone like that...although I think HM will bend on the no saves stance
Yeah I don’t know how accurate it is. But they were saying on Reddit the developers were going to add saves with a update soon. If that’s true I feel like they always had the intentions of adding it just wanted to hold off. I got demon souls with my bundle ps5 while i don’t find the game hard the start back from the jump is also wild tedious. This is literally the second ps5 exclusive so I feel like the knew they didn’t have to be more “inviting” like you say. But if their was hella option they would have to be more consumer friendly. I want a challenge with my games but that start from the jump during the boss fights is wild annoying.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Going into boss 3 with a pistol is a waste of time, it’s doable but you’re much better served with a Carbine or Hollow

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully they don't dumb it down too much.

shyt I low key hope they do lmao but I don’t seriously see them compromising the game like that...the main “complaint” I’m seeing even from fans of the genre is that they take away a bit too much when you die...I don’t feel like my character perks are getting better/stronger as a result of these deaths...I literally feel like I’m starting from absolute ground zero each and every time

Daps
shyt I low key hope they do lmao but I don’t seriously see them compromising the game like that...the main “complaint” I’m seeing even from fans of the genre is that they take away a bit too much when you die...I don’t feel like my character perks are getting better/stronger as a result of these deaths...I literally feel like I’m starting from absolute ground zero each and every time
the game is a next gen experience combined with the old school brutality of the retro games
you are rewarded for not getting damaged and staying alive
while being punished for dying while at the same time growing from it and learning pieces of the story
combine that with the environment randomization and you have a frustrating unique experience
I think they're going to add a save feature that allows you to suspend your current state in the game
so you can do other things like playing other games instead of having to dedicate who knows how long to a run or putting the ps5 in rest mode

Last edited: