Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Went into the third boss with 200% health and a astronaut

Lost the astronaut not understanding how the critical malfunctions work :snoop::snoop:

Had him at 10% health left in phase 3 & died :pacspit:

I’m heated :francis:
That was me last night, lost my astronaut to some bs in the way to the boss. Died last phase.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m trying to kill the first boss. I noticed when I die the journey back to him sometimes is tedious and long af. And sometimes it’s just one or two doors.

it seems arbitrary/based on the level redesign...I’ve experienced the same thing too

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You never know when a run is gonna hit just right. I just hopped on to try and get buff in biome 1 and call it a day but i kept going anyway, and got to the summit for the fist time in biome 2 and then got to ixiom and whooped his ass. :blessed:

E0lRcqEXIAMRgDt

To be fair he was waaaay easier than phyrx and waaaay easier than the actual biome. I feel like those severed enemies are harder. Put a hammer head one of those dog things, and a severed in the same arena and i would never beat it.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
If you haven’t passed the 3rd biome make sure you farm the 1st boss, you lose access once you get to world 4.

you get 5 ether per kill (stacks to 30) which you can use to unlock artifacts near the ship as well as using Reconstructors to save a run if you feel you have a good build. Don’t spend ether on any thing else
Wish I would’ve known this:francis:

Oh well, finally beat the 3rd boss. Had the perfect run where everything fell into place, had a large and small health potion and the astronaut. Almost went south right before the boss where I got a malfunction with 20% less protection, was luckily able to remove it by pure luck.

If y’all struggling with the 3rd boss if you can get the hollowseeker with serrated rounds and kill shot for your alt you’ll be money. Last tip, NEVER stop shooting.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yo i must have played the first biome like 20 times (maybe more) and after getting to teh 3rd biome I’m now seeing new rooms in the 1st...like this shyt is nuts lol

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
In part to having the grappling hook now, I'm sure.

Yeah, entirely new rooms are spawning with grappling hooks also. It makes progress in this game feel a lot better. You can get way more brolic in Biome one now and go straight to 3, thank god cause i low key wasn’t feeling none of the enemies in 2

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Yeah, entirely new rooms are spawning with grappling hooks also. It makes progress in this game feel a lot better. You can get way more brolic in Biome one now and go straight to 3, thank god cause i low key wasn’t feeling none of the enemies in 2
Wait till you face some of the enemies in the later portions of 3 :sas1: