Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Game is second behind Pokemon Snap in the UK sales. :patrice:

Well, we all knew pokemon would kill this in physical sales. Not only did Sony under ship physicals of it, but most people that buy these game buy them digital. The sony fiscal report said digital sales were like 80% or some crazy number like that.

I’m sure this is Housemarque best selling game by far, and prob already sold more than Sony expected it to, i saw that it was sold out in Amazon UK

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, we all knew pokemon would kill this in physical sales. Not only did Sony under ship physicals of it, but most people that buy these game buy them digital. The sony fiscal report said digital sales were like 80% or some crazy number like that.

I’m sure this is Housemarque best selling game by far, and prob already sold more than Sony expected it to, i saw that it was sold out in Amazon UK

Being sold out doesn't mean much when we don't know the shipment levels. Pokemon Snap was never a particularly popular IP.

Anyway I'm sure Sony is happy with the reviews.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Being sold out doesn't mean much when we don't know the shipment levels. Pokemon Snap was never a particularly popular IP.

Anyway I'm sure Sony is happy with the reviews.

Thats what i mean, if sony shipped the amount of copies they expected it to sell and they sold out, how is that not a good thing? It doesn’t really matter if pokemon is a side series, nintendo fans buy more physical than they do digital, and its pokemon, it will sell regardless.

This is the first gen we have entire digital consoles

Also there are over 80 million Nintendo’s in peoples homes right now. Tthere are about 8 million ps5’s, add onto the fact that this is a niche title, not pokemon. Lol

Last edited:

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
I understand that. I'm unable commit the time required for the rogue-like or rogue-like-ish games unfortunately. Have fun tho.

EDIT: nah fukk it imma cop and drop my thoughts next week for nikkas that are like me. I want to play legit PS5 games and that outweighs anything else.

OK I'm only 20 mins into the game and this shyt is flames. It feels next gen. Digging it way more than Demon's Souls so far. Died twice already though.

I opened some kinda tomb and got ambushed by some flying things. I held my own until I didn't

:mjlol:

This is dope.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Finally had some time to play right now

made it to phrike, bunch of health, had an extra vial of health and still lost :mjlol:

Got him to phase 3. I wasn’t ready for all that:mjcry:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
is phrike in the vault guarded by those giant eyes? I tried to get in there earlier but didn’t have the key...found the key so I’ll be in there soon...really don’t wanna see this muthafukka after watching that clip...I was hoping there’d be some shyt I could suck behind at least...nikkas gonna have me fighting in an open pit like spartacus

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I’m annoyed as fukk, I went hard this run going everywhere and I finally realize The phrike room was near my ship this time :francis:

However, I can’t teleport back bc helios is on a huge cliff I can’t climb back up so I can’t heal

going in at half health vs phrike :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m annoyed as fukk, I went hard this run going everywhere and I finally realize The phrike room was near my ship this time :francis:

However, I can’t teleport back bc helios is on a huge cliff I can’t climb back up so I can’t heal

going in at half health vs phrike :francis:

Yeah, if you get that layout you just gotta restart the run