Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
...also when I died I went back to the ship as is the case and I lost the carbine so I fired the pistol I had and it seems stronger...is that the case or just my imagination?

also I activated the obelisk near the ship...idk if that happened when I randomly shot at it while trying out the pistol or if it was just a coincidence and the animation that ensued was gonna occur no matter what?
You probably aren't looking at the levels that the guns are when switch. Sometimes when you swap weapons, the other weapon will be a higher/lower level than the one you're currently having.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
First, when I see people with a platform like this and they say this.

Or that these articles are already out and the game just launched

The messaging was screwy.

Especially when I called it, I find it worthy of discussion. I find the entire thing to be fascinating in seeing so many people (not all) buy a game they really didn't know much about. If you look at what I've said, I'm not pointing fingers at Housemarque but rather, people that spent money and didn't know what they were getting into. That's what I find interesting here. The psychology around this.

About having a PS5?

Breh, I'm one of the last people here that needs receipts called on when it comes this. I buy damn near everything under the sun gaming. Fortunate enough to do so.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/recent-pick-ups-arcadium-edition.202066/page-45#post-39684280
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-official-playstation-5-thread.735072/page-149#post-39820991

I'm a day one PS5, PS4, PS3 and PS VIta owner plehboi :birdman:

Enjoy your game, I'm just here to be amazed by the amount of people that didn't know what they were getting into. I did, that's why I didn't buy it.

People not knowing enough about what they're buying beforehand, in the grande of the information age, have only themselves to blame. That's not just gaming, but most things really or at least most especially anything in the entertainment medium, where there's so many previews, impressions and reviews to be find pretty instantly. Yeah, its fascinatingly hilarious to see.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Miss me with this goofy shyt. A game u have to play through in one run with no autosave of any nature, that crashes is basically unplayable TO ME.

And naw this is not no git gud shyt. I beat all these "hard" games. I dont mind dying and losing progress but a bug or a crash causing it? fukk all that. Unacceptable

You don't have to beat the game in 1 run tho. I know you're in your feelings about losing your progress, but it seems that in you're madness, you're either misinterpreting, mixing things up or flat outright making things up to suit your narrative, lol.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You probably aren't looking at the levels that the guns are when switch. Sometimes when you swap weapons, the other weapon will be a higher/lower level than the one you're currently having.

ya I know...I’ve always stuck with the carbine or would switch back to it even tho it was at 0 bcuz I liked the rapid fire...but I think @CarltonJunior spoke more so to what I was saying and that the gun I started with felt more powerful when I died and was forced to use it since I had to relinquish the carbine, bcuz I still retained the “experience points” I gained with the OG gun on the prior run

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
People not knowing enough about what they're buying beforehand, in the grande of the information age, have only themselves to blame. That's not just gaming, but most things really or at least most especially anything in the entertainment medium, where there's so many previews, impressions and reviews to be find pretty instantly. Yeah, its fascinatingly hilarious to see.

I'm not against hard games, I swear I'm not.

1619937336662355-0.png

I'm against games that could potentially waste my time though. If and when Returnal gets a save system. I'll give it another look because to me, it will have shed the rougelike feel of the game, which I find not interesting. I only hope that Arkane is watching all of this with Deathloop, the next big rougelike game to come out.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You don't have to beat the game in 1 run tho. I know you're in your feelings about losing your progress, but it seems that in you're madness, you're either misinterpreting, mixing things up or flat outright making things up to suit your narrative, lol.

So I can turn the game off and pick up where I left it? Tell me more:ohhh::stopitslime: thats what I mean by one run. You have to start a cycle and either play it through till the end or put your ps5 in rest mode. If youre game crashes or u turn it off ur SOL

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

1619937336662355-0.png

I'm against games that could potentially waste my time though. If and when Returnal gets a save system. I'll give it another look because to me, it will have shed the rougelike feel of the game, which I find not interesting. I only hope that Arkane is watching all of this with Deathloop, the next big rougelike game to come out.

Deathloop isn't a proper roguelite afaik.

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Got through the 3rd biome and beat the boss on my first try.

The game isn't exactly all progress lost. If you get far enough in a world there's a shortcut so you don't have to go all the way through the whole thing again. And when you enter a new biome there are proficiency upgrades that level you up to a suitable level. It's just health and whatever pickups you have to do again.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
nikkas is cornballs. “This game needs an easy mode”. Some of the most p*ssy shyt I seen grown men say who are supposed to be professional gamers. Especially for a game like this that isn’t even all that hard when u get the mechanics. These developers ain’t gonna break the core gaming mechanics just to conform to people’s sensibilities. And people need to stop saying u can’t turn the console off. You can. U just have to wait until u die.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

1619937336662355-0.png

You nikkas don’t like rogue like games. No one has to do anything because u got into a game without understanding the core mechanics. And that’s for the cats who dapped u as well. The one who doesn’t even have the game but enjoying every negative comment on it because it’s a PS5 exclusive. And the other one who been complaining since yesterday about his lost progress.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
nikkas is cornballs. “This game needs an easy mode”. Some of the most p*ssy shyt I seen grown men say who are supposed to be professional gamers. Especially for a game like this that isn’t even all that hard when u get the mechanics. These developers ain’t gonna break the core gaming mechanics just to conform to people’s sensibilities. And people need to stop saying u can’t turn the console off. You can. U just have to wait until u die.

The point is to not die though:gucci:

I don't want an easy mode. This game isn't even that hard, I just want a failsafe to protect people from losing their runs to things out of their control like bugs or crashes. Ya'll talking big shyt but until you knee deep in a run and the game for no good reason crashes on you or you can't pick up items or you get stuck in a lockdown area...you won't get where I'm coming from. :yeshrug:

I'm a sony stan, I had a ps5 damn near at launch. I buy literally every exclusive these cats put out. Game is great, thats why I'm upset that the shyt is crashing on me. I want to actually complete it :mjlol:

Talking about pro gamers and shyt, nikka I'd blank most nikkas on here in basically any fighting game of my choosing :mjlol: chill

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
So I can turn the game off and pick up where I left it? Tell me more:ohhh::stopitslime: thats what I mean by one run. You have to start a cycle and either play it through till the end or put your ps5 in rest mode. If youre game crashes or u turn it off ur SOL
They should do something for when ur game crashes. Absolutely. Especially since that isn’t your fault. But leave the cycle shyt alone. If u can just randomly save through a cycle cause u don’t feel like playing again that would break the mechanics of the game. That’s a YOU problem. Not a dev problem. But your console on test mode is something I usually do anyway so I can get updates while not having my console on. So that’s really nothing to me.