Returnal (PS5/PC) (April 30th, Housemarque) - OT

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Wasn’t going to pick it up due to the no save. but I watched a let’s play through of the first two levels…. Game is savage in the flesh. I may pick it up tomorrow.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'd say that the way they should implement a save feature, if they are going to do it, would be just that you have to go back to your ship, your house and/or the regenerator room in order to do it. And that'd be the only points and ways that you can. And just the same, you can only save your current run and nothing else. If you die after that save, back to square one as usual.

Only thing is, they'd have to also implement it in some kinda way to account for a game crash. Of course, they could just fix the damn crashes.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Those damn tentacles that grab you up :damn:

Funny and cool thing about those is that they sometimes can get you into higher sections that you normally can't reach if you dash off of them higher up. I was once able to get an item from a ledge that normally needed the grappling hook (which I've yet to obtain) by using the tentacles. They don't hurt you or affect your Adrenaline...Rush, provided they don't get you all the way hemmed up at the top. If they get you all the way up tho:francis:....Ionno what happens, cuz I haven't been dumb enough to try them.:whoa:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just had a hard crash during the 2nd bossfight. The audio started glitching. I paused and thought it was my headset, unpaused and the whole thing locked up. Had to unplug and reformat. WTF man

Maybe a good sign to give it a rest tonight lol...but they need to fix that asap

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Look who joined the hype train.:mjpls:
Wouldn't say all that, game might get shelved until patched at the rate I'm reading about crashes here and on twitter.

But I'm sure this will be seen as hating...:unimpressed:

But I'ma not about to at through a rougelike that randomly crashes consistently.:hubie: and the game seems good, don't want to have the experience soured by something like crashing

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It's not even comparatively in the same ballpark. It's not an auto-save fest by design. And while a random crash would set you back, that's just the same as any death in the game losing you any non-permanent upgrade progress. It just is what is is man. It's not like saves in general outright saves you from crashes or setbacks that can come with them, as sometimes, your game could be saved in a state that keeps you perpetually fukked.

I'm not saying that having some sort of save wouldn't be convenient or desirable, just that you're making it a much bigger deal than it is.

nikka what.

I only want it to autosave like Dark souls does. So if you turn the game off you are in that same place. I dont want checkpoints or anything. If they want you to do a run steaight through thats fine. Completely fine.

Basically if it crashes you start where it crashed. Im not saying if you die you start halfway through a bi0me or something.